DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 21, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #11,686 of 13,478
I want 1.13.202 img file......I have original FW 1.08.50 img file(update.img)downloaded from first page.........I already tried downgrade to 1.08.50 and then i cant upgrade from android other than last 1.16.242...im dumb... :frowning2:

Apr 21, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #11,690 of 13,478
I use the dx220 with an external headphone amplifier, if I connect it in line out the result is mediocre, if I connect it to the headphone output the result is excellent, why?

What headphone amplifier do you use and does it allow to set the input gain?

What exactly is the difference in sound between mediocre and excellent in this case?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #11,692 of 13,478
if I connect the smsl sp200 amplifier to the line out output the sound is not full-bodied or detailed, if I connect it in the headphone output the sound is full, detailed and musical.

I don’t know this specific amp and i never tried to use an additional amplifier, because then you have two amps in a row.

From the smsl sp200 amplifier product description i can see there is a gain switch at the front plate.
Does this make a difference soundwise when you connect it to the line out and switch the gain to the other position?
It could be that when you have set the switch to high gain and use the line out, the input signal is too low to produce a brillant sound.
Then low gain would be the better option.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #11,694 of 13,478
When you connect it by line out
notwithstanding the low gain, if I connect the amp to the LINE OUT of the right I hear the sound worse if I connect to the headphone output of the right instead the sound is better.
So now YOU know how to use your equipment.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #11,697 of 13,478
Has anyone tried Ibasso DX220/Amp 8, vs Cayin n6ii/E01? Which do you prefer?

Thanks!

I certainly could do that but I haven't yet. From memory I would say the DX228EX-FE would be sonically superior. However, the Cayin has a couple characteristics that I find beter than the DX such as UI, bluetooth, battery, form. And I'm waiting for the E02.

Apr 23, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #11,698 of 13,478
Hi everyone, since this is basically the only thread I know of on the DX220 I'm posting my issue here.

Mine isn't charging, at all. Just all of a sudden. Tried two different cables at different outlets. Usually this is no problem, and when it's turned off the charging logo screen pops up. I'm not getting anything, at all. Even when turned on and plugged, the battery icon doesn't change.

I didn't notice anything bent/corrosion/etc. in the parts physically - so I'm wondering... what can I possibly do? Would a reset help?

:/

Edit: To clarify, it turns on and works fine apparently, I just can't... charge it. At all. Last I saw it's at 20%. Bit worrying..

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #11,699 of 13,478
Hi everyone, since this is basically the only thread I know of on the DX220 I'm posting my issue here.

Mine isn't charging, at all. Just all of a sudden. Tried two different cables at different outlets. Usually this is no problem, and when it's turned off the charging logo screen pops up. I'm not getting anything, at all. Even when turned on and plugged, the battery icon doesn't change.

I didn't notice anything bent/corrosion/etc. in the parts physically - so I'm wondering... what can I possibly do? Would a reset help?

:/

Edit: To clarify, it turns on and works fine apparently, I just can't... charge it. At all. Last I saw it's at 20%. Bit worrying..
Couple of thoughts here:
1) You mention trying different cables/outlets but what about the charger itself? Have you tried others to confirm the charger is working correctly?
2) Have you tried connecting your DX220 to a computer via the USB port? Does it connect and work correctly either for transferring files or charging?

If these steps aren't successful you might have a bad USB jack in your DX220 which would need fixing...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Or you could try a factory reset before deciding a repair is needed - wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #11,700 of 13,478
Couple of thoughts here:
1) You mention trying different cables/outlets but what about the charger itself? Have you tried others to confirm the charger is working correctly?
2) Have you tried connecting your DX220 to a computer via the USB port? Does it connect and work correctly either for transferring files or charging?

If these steps aren't successful you might have a bad USB jack in your DX220 which would need fixing...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Or you could try a factory reset before deciding a repair is needed - wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Hi Cobra, thanks for the reply!

Yes, tried entirely different cables/blocks - after mine wasn't working, I tried my co-workers in a different section of the office. Nada on both.
I just tried connecting to computer via USB, nothing happened at all from what I could tell. Both with device off, and then with device on (in Android mode).

Darn. Looks like it's a dud for me now. I don't know what could've happened either, it was just working fine this week. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back