DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 12, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #11,326 of 13,478
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D
They chased Fidelizer away from here as well.

Mar 13, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #11,336 of 13,478
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

Just for my understanding that i got it right:
Headfi does not tolerate when a private person does a mod and likes to charge the expenses for it?
This is already categorized as commercial action and is not tolerated?
Just wondering and try to understand the principle behind this.

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #11,337 of 13,478
Headfi does not tolerate when a private person does a mod and likes to charge the expenses for it?

Yes if anybody asks you to perform a mod/repair etc you should ONLY charge cost for parts and postage, you should then spend all your evening until the early hours (after your 12 hour day job) performing these highly intricate mods using the equipment you have bought over the years and skills you have learned and researched as a hobbiest and also provide free insurance incase you damage anything on these highly delicate projects all out of the goodness of your heart.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #11,338 of 13,478
What's that old saying? No good deed goes unpunished? Heaven forbid someone do something to move the hobby forward. Stunningly ridiculous to treat such skilled and dedicated persons like, like, like.....well never mind but you get the idea.

All my opinion.

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #11,339 of 13,478
Would offering your services in trade section breach the forum T&Cs?

Not saying that @Whitigir or any other modder should do that. That is their choice alone.

But that would provide people who want a mod designated area to ask for mod. Or is that not allowed too?

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #11,340 of 13,478

Failing that it's Whitiparm Hifi For

Yes if anybody asks you to perform a mod/repair etc you should ONLY charge cost for parts and postage, you should then spend all your evening until the early hours (after your 12 hour day job) performing these highly intricate mods using the equipment you have bought over the years and skills you have learned and researched as a hobbiest and also provide free insurance incase you damage anything on these highly delicate projects all out of the goodness of your heart.

Wow, just Wooowwww

Also they don’t have the right to look into your EBay activities. Am I correct ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back