DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #10,172 of 13,460
Are you pretty sure it does?
Please do it to confirm that the problem (AMP9 level is not saved in Mango OS) is the official firmware feature, and is not caused by my add-on :wink:
Sorry... I wasn't at all sure it was your firmware update. Just the post by @Jeffyue that linked back to your post where you said pure Mango didn't save Amp9 gain settings... I thought you were referring to the issue as related to your firmware update.

However, I did revert back to the latest factory firmware, and setting Amp9 gain to HIgh still does not save after a restart. So it appears to be a problem in the factory firmware. @Paul - iBasso... can you verify that setting Amp9 gain to High in Mango OS does not save on a restart... and is a known issue in the latest factory firmware?

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #10,173 of 13,460
@Paul - iBasso

I see that many people enjoy the modded versions of their DX220 and AMP8. DX220EX, AMP8EX etc. Do you plan a program to let people send their DAPs AMPs to you for upgrading them ? Of course for a price

Ibasso is a manufacturers, and is not a modification party. If you would like to get your modified, then you can try Pm @chaiyuta and have your unit sent to Thailand or so for the modifications. You can also send to Fidelizer to get the modifications done too!

There is a perk to Ibasso being a manufacturer, the ability to produce !!! So Amp8EX Fan Edition were produced at a surprisingly affordable price, and 100 people participated.

Therefore, if you want to have those products, they are considered a Limited Production runs. So the question here should be.....If Ibasso would make some more runs ?

I would be happy to have DX220EX run as the last Fan Edition run we’re just Amp8EX module.

Just my 2 cents

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #10,174 of 13,460
I would be happy to have DX220EX run as the last Fan Edition run we’re just Amp8EX module.

Just my 2 cents

+1
If there would be a DX220EX run, i would be in...

But let's wait until the current announced products like DX220max are launched and iBasso is a bit less busy as at the moment... :)

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #10,175 of 13,460
+1
If there would be a DX220EX run, i would be in...

But let's wait until the current announced products like DX220max are launched and iBasso is a bit less busy as at the moment... :)
Absolutely make senses. There are so many releases for the new year 2020. I have seen the Dx220Max pictures released and it seem this one will be heavier and bigger. Therefore, the portability of Dx220Ex and Amp8EX would still be amazing to skip in the pocket and run around with :D

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #10,179 of 13,460
but that would mean to send back our units (under payment of course) to be modified or buying brand new ones manufactured as mod?
The second option, buy a new one directly manufactured as mod.
As they did it for the Amp8EX Fan-Edition. Produced direct at the factory with different components.
iBasso is a manufacurer, not a modder.

But it isn't sure or confirmed in any way if there would be another run of a limited edition direct from iBasso.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #10,180 of 13,460
Anyone tried to connect the dx220 with home av amp with optical?
I tried to connect it to my denon 2500h and it can only play my flac files while dsd and mqa files has no sound.

That's a cable problem. Not all optical cables support up to the theoretical max of 192kHz.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #10,183 of 13,460
It's strange that dsd plays fine in hiby app

My best bet is that it's actually resampling the DSD to a low sample rate PCM.

I've had issues before with dx220 optical to Hugo 2 that were solely related to the cable used. The Hugo 2 thread has many people talking about bad/good cables. Worth a search there.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #10,184 of 13,460
Absolutely make senses. There are so many releases for the new year 2020. I have seen the Dx220Max pictures released and it seem this one will be heavier and bigger. Therefore, the portability of Dx220Ex and Amp8EX would still be amazing to skip in the pocket and run around with :D

I would be ALL in for a limited run DX220EX brandee spankin new!!

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #10,185 of 13,460
AK devices sound good but its dummy EQ would not allow me to fine tune the sound the way I like it. That was the main reason (along with 2.5mm balance jack)
I decided to dump it and never look back. I think DX220 has a pretty decent EQ response so I can actually adjust the sound. Another big advantage!
I am currently looking to new Fiio M15 with the dual 4499 dac chip but looking forward to next gen DX220!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back