DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 10, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #10,111 of 13,460
Sound miserable compare to today recording...
CMIIW @flarex3, u mean u are comparing Song from year 2000 and these day song...?

hmm... i was having this discussion with a musician last week, the topic is recording master... in short, song these day used auto tuned at the vocal, digital correction to smooth certain thing etc. that was being studied to be ear catching.. even number line of lyrics and words now are easy and repetitive.

I like Meatloaf, singer, long phoem lyrics, but if you give that to the market these day... I dont think the song will sell or booming for the current generation...

IMO, song recording these day, already used Higher Gain to make the song present more louder, forward or aggressive... but in term of SQ is not better, even tends more easy to catch HISS...
well this is my opinion and how i interpret the song.

Try Steely Dan, AJA album. 70's songs.. still good in my ear, laid back presentation, clear, some called cheating song, because only with this song, Hiss on certain DAP and IEM will not be present annoying...

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #10,113 of 13,460
Jan 10, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #10,114 of 13,460
I asked the same question when I first used Amp9 on my DX200 with Lurker add-on. This was what Lurker confirmed last time.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ow-up-for-amp9.791531/page-1443#post-15306764
Thanks for that. Totally forgot I had installed Lurker's firmware. Never thought about that causing the problem. Think I'll probably just switch back to the stock firmware... since I'm mostly using Mango OS lately. And I think someone said Google Play works with the latest firmware now anyway?... if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the info.

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #10,115 of 13,460
My DX220 just keeps flashing DX220 screen on and off and wouldn't boot any longer. Is there a way to get out off this state? Any way to hard reset the device?

dx220.JPG

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #10,116 of 13,460
My DX220 just keeps flashing DX220 screen on and off and wouldn't boot any longer. Is there a way to get out off this state? Any way to hard reset the device?

Please try holding the power button the the play button at the same time. Hopefully this will take you into the boot mode and there are choices there. You can wipe cache and then reboot. Or you can reinstall the firmware with the information on the first page here and then update directly to the latest firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 11, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #10,117 of 13,460
If I press down the power button and play, I get the blank screen. The only way to get this device to respond is through Android tool connecting to PC while
holding on the play button. Is there a way to load the firmware or OS through the Android tool as it seems OS is corrupted?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #10,119 of 13,460
Ok, I got it boot up after reflashing the firmware through the android tool. Thank God. :)
Glad you did it. I wonder if that and others similar problems are due to Android? I always use Mango OS and never had a problem.
Hate Android, I’m an Apple fan boy at 54yo, only have DX220 cause can’t resist the audio quality :L3000:

In a future I see me owning a fully, exclusive, audio only optimized digital audio player...
Call me old fashioned, archaic, I have a DAP because I love music! For games I have a PS4

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #10,124 of 13,460
Dear all,

I am from Portugal and bought few months ago a DX220. Bought too the AMP9 and AMP8.
(And bought....Sony ier-z1r, Campfire Andromeda Gold #0325 and a Westone UM Pro 50 v2.....so, yeah).
Finally discovered that even if these all "gadgets" areare exceedin great the gear I use constantly it is my S10+ and my iBasso IT04!!!

So, and I know that this is not the place for it but I cannot find it, if someone is interested in buying any of this just PM.
I will sell the DX and as a bonus I will give for FREE THE AMP9 and AMP8.
I will sell all theciems for 70% the regular price. All in excellent as new condition.

Best Regards,
Paulo Lobao
+351 962983826

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #10,125 of 13,460
Dear all,

I am from Portugal and bought few months ago a DX220. Bought too the AMP9 and AMP8.
(And bought....Sony ier-z1r, Campfire Andromeda Gold #0325 and a Westone UM Pro 50 v2.....so, yeah).
Finally discovered that even if these all "gadgets" areare exceedin great the gear I use constantly it is my S10+ and my iBasso IT04!!!

So, and I know that this is not the place for it but I cannot find it, if someone is interested in buying any of this just PM.
I will sell the DX and as a bonus I will give for FREE THE AMP9 and AMP8.
I will sell all theciems for 70% the regular price. All in excellent as new condition.

Best Regards,
Paulo Lobao
+351 962983826

Wow, that is a screaming and generous deal. Can’t imagine you will have a hard time finding takers!

I am just jumping in here to say I also love my IT04s! I suspect they are a somewhat underrated champ against some of the other well-known beloved IEMs in the space. I’m particularly interested to see that you are keeping them against the Andromedas, which I have been very curious about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back