DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 7, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #9,993 of 13,478
Mango OS, low ganancy, FLAC files, 44 volume paired with an Andromeda S. 1 hour of playback, 19% of battery with just 2 touches of screen, I mean, power on the player, put the music and power off the screen. I can't believe that the people is having 7-8 hours of playback, really, I can't understand how you do

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #9,994 of 13,478
Mango OS, low ganancy, FLAC files, 44 volume paired with an Andromeda S. 1 hour of playback, 19% of battery with just 2 touches of screen, I mean, power on the player, put the music and power off the screen. I can't believe that the people is having 7-8 hours of playback, really, I can't understand how you do
Is mango os less power hungry?

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #9,996 of 13,478
As far as I know, yes, it should be as we don't have any additional services as bluetooth or wifi enabled so yes, you should have a better audio experience and yes, better battery
Well i dont use any connectivity regardless of os but with android, amp1 mkii, flacs i did kill it in 6hrs.
And i have yet to buy amp8 lol.

Is there any battery mod available for it?

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #9,997 of 13,478
@iMongui your flac files are 16bit or 24bit? For me 16bit flac files on android mango/mango OS consumes less power than 24bit files.
I been testing out battery consumption these few days. Mp3 & 16bit flac consumes around 10~12% per hour for me. It varies for some reasons that i don't know.
I'm on high gain for both os. On android vol 45. On mango os vol 20.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #9,998 of 13,478
As far as I know, yes, it should be as we don't have any additional services as bluetooth or wifi enabled so yes, you should have a better audio experience and yes, better battery
Browsing through Mango now. It seem like it has all i need. No point switching to android for now specially if it save a bit of power.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #9,999 of 13,478
@iMongui your flac files are 16bit or 24bit? For me 16bit flac files on android mango/mango OS consumes less power than 24bit files.
I been testing out battery consumption these few days. Mp3 & 16bit flac consumes around 10~12% per hour for me. It varies for some reasons that i don't know.
Aren't 16 and 24bit different bitrates. 24 bit needs to read throught more data meaning more energy required.
1440kbps flac and 2800kbps flac arent same size files but can be same lenght song.
Sorry for being a bit basic.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #10,000 of 13,478
I'm on high gain for both os. On android vol 45. On mango os vol 20.
Most of them, 16 bit. Im using amp8 btw but I didn't notice more or less usage from amp1mk2. Again, I don't see the point on the battery stats of the people... Maybe I listen too loud than the average and that's the reason?

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #10,001 of 13,478
Most of them, 16 bit. Im using amp8 btw but I didn't notice more or less usage from amp1mk2. Again, I don't see the point on the battery stats of the people... Maybe I listen too loud than the average and that's the reason?
I was actually thinking the same thing. I do like to pump it up some times. And yesterday was one of those times.

Great to know that amp8 does not consume more battery. Was reading otherwise however, maybe it is just negligent difference.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #10,002 of 13,478
I was actually thinking the same thing. I do like to pump it up some times. And yesterday was one of those times.

Great to know that amp8 does not consume more battery. Was reading otherwise however, maybe it is just negligent difference.
Well, I mean, im not sure if in therms of numbers consumption there are differences from amp1mk2 and amp8, I suppose that yes. What I want to say is that I don't appreciate those differences as im having more or less the same numbers, between 4 and 5 hours of playback and im surprised that the people is having between 7 and 8 hours, its just unbelievable

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #10,003 of 13,478
I don't really trust the battery read outs from the device. I timed by the time i press play till the battery nearly runs out.
But for me 6~7hours+ battery life is good for the sound quality i'm getting. I have quickcharger in office which i spend most of my time & a 20k qc powerbank in my bag for emergency lols. :gs1000smile:

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #10,004 of 13,478
I don't really trust the battery read outs from the device. I timed by the time i press play till the battery nearly runs out.
But for me 6~7hours+ battery life is good for the sound quality i'm getting. I have quickcharger in office which i spend most of my time & a 20k qc powerbank in my bag for emergency lols. :gs1000smile:
Will have to get power bank too. True that i ussualy dont use dap for more then 2-3hrs without access to charging point

Jan 7, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #10,005 of 13,478
Well, I mean, im not sure if in therms of numbers consumption there are differences from amp1mk2 and amp8, I suppose that yes. What I want to say is that I don't appreciate those differences as im having more or less the same numbers, between 4 and 5 hours of playback and im surprised that the people is having between 7 and 8 hours, its just unbelievable

Hi @iMongui, for what I've read in this forum from several users, I believe battery life depends mostly of the amplifiers and the headphones, 16/24 bits, etc. come after those.
Using my IEMS which are 17 ohms with AMP9 I really get 7-8 hours as this test I did a few months ago using random 16/24 bit and even DSDs. Gain was medium and volume around 40 (Mango)
Using my Focal Clear which is 55 ohms on the same conditions as above (+ high gain) I get around 5-6 hours, I didn't test/chrono, that's my perception from everyday use.

So I wonder how much battery life with other combos, like AMP8 and current angry headphones? probably those 4-5 hours or less.
Surely if I wasn't in this forum and I only knew my personal experience, I would never suspect that DX220 would exhaust battery on 4 hours, this to say that I find perfectly legitimate the battery life specs for DX220 as advertised by iBasso.
My 2 cents

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back