DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #9,256 of 13,478
New firmware 1.15 with Lurker add on:
Some albums don't play in Tidal v 2.18.0
For example Dido "Still on my mind" Master
Madonna "Madame X" Master
Important:

Through SPDIF (to iFi iDSD) everything is OK

All the same:frowning2:
I hope for an improvement in the new firmware

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #9,259 of 13,478
Dear All

Please guide me how to turn on line out of stock amp. I see dx220's line out can give 3Vrms. But i feeling its output volume is lower the 1Vrms output of ak Sp2000.
And new firmware dont make amp9 better. It is very very tiny volume. Hot swapping insert is still better standard insert.

Thanks

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #9,260 of 13,478
amp 7 still worth a look if I didn't like the hiss of amp 9 and thought 8's power was too much?

Still rockin IT04s btw

Definitely worth checking out amp 7. I had it before amp 8, when I didn't have a balanced cable (w/ Westone W80 and DHC silver se cable). Later, I had balanced cables, and with all the high praise for amp 8, wondered if I might be missing something. The answer was no. Amp 7 seems basically like an se version of amp 8... just lower output. I didn't need the power of amp 8 at all. Like you said, amp 8 is probably more than a little more power than needed for IEMs.

Whether you'll notice a significant reduction in hiss for your particular use, I couldn't say. I would guess it's very likely you would.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #9,261 of 13,478
Okay, I finally caved and I'm going to get a 1tb SD card. DSD512 just takes up so much space and I can't keep neglecting tracks I love because of storage.

Does anyone know a better deal than the one on Amazon: 250 + tax?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #9,266 of 13,478
Oh, I'm not mad. Glad I have them. Interestingly enough when I put them in the card drive on the computer the thing say 1.03tb total capacity. I was expecting somewhere in the 900s gb range. So it's a bonus card, right?

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #9,267 of 13,478
My dx220 is acting wonky, it's done this about 4 times in the last day. I go to hit the power button to wake up the screen and everything goes silent and the screen won't wake up.

I have to hold the button to shut if off (I guess) with a very loud pop! Then I can restart and resume listening.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've got about 3 or so weeks in my return window. I've tried the factory reset already. It's pretty strange behavior- almost like a short or something. Also anyone else have high bitrate wma files crashing their unit?

My friend, well former friend :frowning2: from UK sent me many great recordings dcc and limited masters and they were all high bitrate wma, she thought they sounded better. But anyways I can't play any of then as they crash the dap.

Already sent sample to Paul.

Yes, I have experienced the first issue you describe (exactly the same symptoms) twice since I got my DX220 a week ago.

Has there ever been a solid answer for this? My device has had the exact same bug as described by @abitdeef twice now in 2 days. Independent of audio player (once with Mango, once with Neutron).

Dec 3, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #9,268 of 13,478
Has there ever been a solid answer for this? My device has had the exact same bug as described by @abitdeef twice now in 2 days. Independent of audio player (once with Mango, once with Neutron).
I have never had this with either DX220 I've owned, but I did have that exact symptom (screen goes dark, hold down power, POP!) with a Hiby R6 Pro I had. I sent that one back to the manufacturer.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #9,269 of 13,478
So my volume control stopped working (clockwise/anti-clockwise) would both increase the volume.
I received a new replacement from AMP3 (Qudos to them for replacement)

I just updated to all latest firmware stock amp works ok but I just inserted AMP9
Its recognised in settings but no sound :frowning2: green lights don't come on I've tried hard reset etc etc but nothing

UPDATE:
After fiddling with the AMP9 inserting and pulling and pushing got it working :)
Not sure why must be something with new slot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back