DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 29, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #9,241 of 13,460
Hi @Paul - iBasso, just a general feedback that the new firmware is odd on USB-PD charging. Connecting to a Anker PowerPort 5 USB-PD charger, Anker PowerPort Atom PD4, and a Lenovo USB-PD charger for thinkpad, it wouldn't show Quick Charging. This is when the battery is around 41% full.

And...

Happy Thanksgiving.
Same issue happens to me, my charge support both QC and PD, Only QC port showing quick charging now, and it used to be fine for both.

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #9,242 of 13,460
Same issue happens to me, my charge support both QC and PD, Only QC port showing quick charging now, and it used to be fine for both.

Hi @Paul - iBasso, just a general feedback that the new firmware is odd on USB-PD charging. Connecting to a Anker PowerPort 5 USB-PD charger, Anker PowerPort Atom PD4, and a Lenovo USB-PD charger for thinkpad, it wouldn't show Quick Charging. This is when the battery is around 41% full.

And...

Happy Thanksgiving.

I have let the software team know and they will look into this issue. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 29, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #9,243 of 13,460

Nov 29, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #9,244 of 13,460
I noticed a big increase battery use with the latest firmware on amp8... It sounds very very fine but the consumption increased a lot, I see that im not alone so maybe its a general issue?
Please try another AMP to see what the results are. Also, please email me at paul@ibasso.com with the serial number of the AMP8.

Nov 29, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #9,245 of 13,460
Are you waiting 10 to 15 seconds after plugging the DX in to see if the rapid charge begins? It normally takes about that long for the charger to settle and charge at the faster charging rate.

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #9,247 of 13,460
If anyone is interested I've listed my DX220 and amps up for auction on eBay. Had the opportunity to make a move and decided to take advantage. Many of you folks have been super helpful in answering my many questions and for that I say thank you!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #9,248 of 13,460
If anyone is interested I've listed my DX220 and amps up for auction on eBay. Had the opportunity to make a move and decided to take advantage. Many of you folks have been super helpful in answering my many questions and for that I say thank you!

@arftech... Just curious... what'd you move to?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #9,253 of 13,460
Folks, I'm going to beat a dead horse here but I still haven't found or gotten any comprehensive or helpful information . There seems to be a significant lack of solid guidance for playlists in Mango OS or the Mango Android Player on the DX220 (i.e. a simple means to create them in the desired song order, rename them in Mango OS, etc.).

Most of the "send to" playlist options in album, artist, and most importantly, file folder do not appear to function correctly. Do I really have to send each song to the playlist individually? How do I get the song order to stop defaulting to alphabetical? How can I export a playlist to an external device (like my PC) or copy an externally created playlist if the file manager doesn't let the DAP move to the PC, or let the PC see the folders it needs to effect the copy? If I need to use something other than file explorer (like MediaMonkey or JRiver), it would be nice to get some guidance (just don't tell me where to go...I have a pretty good idea already).

It's frustrating because I can't seem to find a single method that seems to work more than once. I've also noticed the DX200 and DX160 don't appear to have as many users with playlist issues. I really wish someone would post a "DX220 Playlists for Dummies" that addresses how to create (in desired song order), import, export, and rename (in Mango OS) a simple playlist.

Lest you think I am a complete idiot (well, I may be but that's a conversation I refuse to have with myself), I've easily created playlists on FiiO DAPs, HiBy DAPs, Android music apps, and in programs on my PC so I'm pretty sure (okay, reasonably confident) that I'm not a total N00B on how to create a playlist with the name that I choose, in a desired (album track number) order. Even FiiO came around to adding a simple playlist song sort option for their DAPs.
Any and all help (and that "for Dummies" guide) would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends
(one of the Dummies)

P.S. - Remember, a Teacher, Engineer, Scientist, or Audiophile should never try to educate a group at the knowledge level of the instructor. The key to good teaching is to start educating at the group's level, then increase their knowledge to the level of the instructor. Put ego aside. Generate interest, enthusiasm, and encourage learning...

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #9,254 of 13,460
SP2K probably is much better one which is not my cup of tea...:frowning2:
Yeah... SP2K is exceptional in SOUNDStage... but it doesnt mean coherent and shallow soundstage is bad....

This baby is really fluid in dynamic... best experience ever had for me...
20191130_134315.jpg

anyway... my full quest impression is on the other thread...
But today I experienced a lot of new things.

AMP9...
with my SOLARIS, HISS, can be fixed by ifi ebuddy... but IMO not Tube sounding... CAYIN N8 is more like tube sounding...
Bass slam, and rich VOCAL (a bit recess) is the main highlight on DX229....
The new Firmware on increase power on MANGO OS is useful... but not for my pairing.
20191130_123321.jpg 20191130_123919.jpg 20191130_124547.jpg
That Green thing... is eye candy...

others like DX200ti
20191130_142431.jpg 20191130_150932.jpg
Better Raw power in term for dynamic, but least technicalities compare to DX221MK2. IMO.
with SOLARIS, DX200ti HIss like hell... so comparing being done with U18t.

DX160...
Same sound characteristic as DX221MK2... Better ??? IMO, no, micro detail will be the something that DX221MK2 still excel and Vocal/Mid is more full.
Now, if we talk price to sound performance... DX160 will be in the high chart... IMO
20191130_121109.jpg 20191130_121116.jpg

like someone here used to said, this year is the best year to look MID range DAP...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back