DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 14, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #9,061 of 13,478
Yesterday I received my amp8 and im very very very satisfied with the amp but I appreciated a dramatical improvement between Android OS and Mango OS in terms of sound performance... Much much much better under Mango than Android. My unit is burnt in so I just need to enjoy the music, that's all :) The next step could be to apply the masterpiece mod of Fidelizer, lets see

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #9,062 of 13,478
Yesterday I received my amp8 and im very very very satisfied with the amp but I appreciated a dramatical improvement between Android OS and Mango OS in terms of sound performance... Much much much better under Mango than Android. My unit is burnt in so I just need to enjoy the music, that's all :) The next step could be to apply the masterpiece mod of Fidelizer, lets see

They also offer an Ultimate mod as well that’s not advertised on the site.

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #9,067 of 13,478
Anyone who missed out on the AMP8 fan edition I’m looking to sell mine. Act soon before Ibasso ships it out so.

Send me a pm if interested

Why do you want to sell your Amp8EX Fan Edition before your heard it?
Do you want to sell your DX220?

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #9,068 of 13,478
Why do you want to sell your Amp8EX Fan Edition before your heard it?
Do you want to sell your DX220?

I already own a modded AMP8 so buying the fan edition was more to compare it with mine and sell whatever one I like the least.
Was always planning on selling one. Decided to ask now before I heard it since I could use the money for Xmas gifts.

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #9,069 of 13,478
Had 2 session good listening :
AK SP2000 Cu
20191114_143816.jpg
20191114_144903.jpg
20191114_144640.jpg

I can said 80-85% similarity between SP2000CU (SP) and DX221mk2(DX). IMHO.
SP Bass give a bit more detail then DX. But Bass weight is equal.
Mid/Vocal, both of same position, SP give a bit more Depth.
Treble somehow is very similar, What I noticed, SP is more airy side while DX is more on spark side.
SP soundstage a bit wider, Airy effect...
Now This is the fun side for me... SP2KCU has waterfall HISS with solaris just like DX221mk2, well tbh, still quiter then DX... =)
Power / Dynamic, SP seems a bit more lust...

So if the rest 15-20% is it worth the 3x price?

The second, Was trying SP2KSS... hmm well it's quite different SoundSig then the SP2KCU, It was more on Mid/Vocal oriented.
Best pairing with Tia Fourte and PWGold26.
Even when tried the IEM and Cable to DX221mk2 still the best Mid/vocal experience I ever heard....
Going back to Solaris, hmm.. it was different level... regret feeling comes to me that I had tried that combo... need to reset my ear again....

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #9,070 of 13,478
And its worth the price for this amp? Because my next step will be this one but im not sure if the price its worth, tell me you impressions
Well looking back now, i think it was a bit expensive. Considering what I paid for the Fan Edition, it is very expensive.

If its worth it or not, can only tell you after i hear and compare them both.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #9,071 of 13,478
I already own a modded AMP8 so buying the fan edition was more to compare it with mine and sell whatever one I like the least.
Was always planning on selling one. Decided to ask now before I heard it since I could use the money for Xmas gifts.

According to your signature, you have an AMP8 ultimate mod, in case you don't sell one of them until the AMP8 Fan Edition is delivered, you could compare both mods if there is a audible difference in the sound signature.

But i understand, Christmas isn't waiting and its unknown at the moment when iBasso will deliver the Fan Edition.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #9,073 of 13,478
AK SP2000 Cu

Treble somehow is very similar, What I noticed, SP is more airy side while DX is more on spark side.
Now This is the fun side for me... SP2KCU has waterfall HISS with solaris just like DX221mk2, well tbh, still quiter then DX... =)

The second, Was trying SP2KSS... hmm well it's quite different SoundSig then the SP2KCU, It was more on Mid/Vocal oriented.
Even when tried the IEM and Cable to DX221mk2 still the best Mid/vocal experience I ever heard....
Going back to Solaris, hmm.. it was different level... regret feeling comes to me that I had tried that combo... need to reset my ear again....
Did you use any other AMPs with the DX220? I would use more than just the AMP1 MKII for the comparison. AMP8? AMP9?

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #9,074 of 13,478
AK SP2000 Cu

very nice to hear your side of impressions especially on SP2K. I have not heard the SP2K yet

now, you will probably be enjoying DX228EX by a lot, just guessing

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #9,075 of 13,478
Excuse my ignorance... I haven't followed iBasso for a while, but have an original DX200 with almost all amp modules, and just got a DX220...

How is the Fan Edition of Amp8 different from the stock standard Amp8? Mainly just curious. Thanks.

Some key components are replaced with higher quality audio components, technically
it's described in the lower part of the first post of the preorder thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amp8-ex-fan-edition-preorder-by-ibasso.917458/

There is also a description with pics somewhere in this quite long DX220 thread about the AMP8EX mod by Whitigir, but i havn't got the exact page at my hands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back