DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 19, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #8,881 of 13,460
The concept and implementation of parts for the AMP8 EX is Whitigir's. He asked us about a special run that would also reduce cost and provide a professional end result. We have obliged to manufacture and ship but left the rest to Whitigir as we are too busy and he expressed a desire to do everything else. It is up to each individual regarding what they do or don't want to do. Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 19, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #8,882 of 13,460
The concept and implementation of parts for the AMP8 EX is Whitigir's. He asked us about a special run that would also reduce cost and provide a professional end result. We have obliged to manufacture and ship but left the rest to Whitigir as we are too busy and he expressed a desire to do everything else. It is up to each individual regarding what they do or don't want to do. Enjoy the Music!
@Whitigir can you please add this message to the instruction/rule page? Thanks

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #8,885 of 13,460

This is quite possibly the coolest thing I have ever read from a DAP manufacturer. Kudos to both iBasso and Whitigir for making this happen!

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #8,887 of 13,460
That's how iBasso rolls.

I've been a fan of the company since the beginning with the venerable DX100...the High-Res DAP that started this craze. They've been an amazing manufacturer ever since that time.

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #8,888 of 13,460
No, do not use any type of adaptor like that. You will have to have balanced headphones

Noted and realise your immediate view. I have tried balanced before and do have a balanced set up but it is specific fo an Ibasso PB2 , but to be frank I haven’t noticed a huge difference between balanced and non balanced (apart from power maybe).

I have the DX200 and AMP9 which I really like. However, I am a huge fan of Ibasso and am interested in trying the Amp8 with the proposed modification. You may not feel single ended isn’t the best solution here but are you saying that it negates all of the “greatness “ that an Amp8- Ex. Would appreciate some further insight please.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #8,889 of 13,460
Noted and realise your immediate view. I have tried balanced before and do have a balanced set up but it is specific fo an Ibasso PB2 , but to be frank I haven’t noticed a huge difference between balanced and non balanced (apart from power maybe).

I have the DX200 and AMP9 which I really like. However, I am a huge fan of Ibasso and am interested in trying the Amp8 with the proposed modification. You may not feel single ended isn’t the best solution here but are you saying that it negates all of the “greatness “ that an Amp8- Ex. Would appreciate some further insight please.

I think @Whitigir means is

balanced cable to dap/amp. ok

balanced cable to - 4.4mm/2.5mm to 3.5mm single ended adapter. ok

single ended/not balanced cable to - 3.5mm SE to balanced adapter. not ok.

You can damage your gear by going single ended cable to balanced(adapter).

Attachments

• CE67A273-67DD-4E5C-AF57-0BD41503C9A7.jpeg
    CE67A273-67DD-4E5C-AF57-0BD41503C9A7.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #8,890 of 13,460

There is amp7 which is a single ended amp module. It is also discrete in design but that is an entirely other topic and matters.

Amp8 is balanced connection only. To keep the confusion away, I recommend to use any balanced headphones and cables with Amp8 only. Otherwise, you will damage your amp module

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #8,891 of 13,460
[Mod Edited: quoted deleted post removed]

Can anyone recommend a good quality 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor ? All my IEM cables are 2.5 :frowning2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #8,892 of 13,460
[Mod Edited: quoted deleted post removed]

Can anyone recommend a good quality 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor ? All my IEM cables are 2.5 :frowning2:

dd Hifi

Screenshot_20191020-195138_Facebook.jpg

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #8,893 of 13,460
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #8,894 of 13,460

Nice looking adapter. I've always found the iBasso ones are great. I also have the Japanese one....Mura...something that I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back