DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 5, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #7,831 of 13,478

Speaking of cases... from DD Hifi

Neat! Was looking for a case to collect all the loose gear, also replacing the in-ear headphones case (5 cm high), that one fits the bill with 4 cm. Thanks for sharing

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #7,832 of 13,478
Sometimes people would just plainly judge a devices based on Price! And Brand! So, Ibasso would be falling in the Mid-tier DAP when they judged it that way where as expensive brand are high-end Ofcourse

When I judge something, it is with my ears only and that also means if I never heard it, I wouldn’t mentioned about it. I don’t get raining money into my pockets, so....I don’t have enough resources to buy every DAP and Brand possible. But when I have the chance to listen to those that is interested enough to pull my attentions, I would always do so. I also speak in comparison with references, and not just plain useless claims. The forum get worse nowadays, where plain baseless claims and lies are everywhere. People used to get banned for that. But not anymore

Any chances you auditioned the Cayin N8 and compare it to Amp9. Someone made a comment that iBasso's NuTube is utterly trash in comparison with N8.

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #7,833 of 13,478
Any chances you auditioned the Cayin N8 and compare it to Amp9. Someone made a comment that iBasso's NuTube is utterly trash in comparison with N8.
Maybe someone with the ear of superman, considering that it is already difficult to compare ibasso 220 that I have with the ak sr15 that I also have. I think they are just opinions on paper

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #7,834 of 13,478

Someone’s comment is totally wrong. I don’t have and can’t afford N8 but own N6ii. I am really impressed with the sound of N6ii but listen to DX229 every time I still love the SQ. It is different and seductive with vocals to my ears. :smile_phones:

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #7,835 of 13,478
I did listen to Cayin N8, but it was back before Amp9 was released. I do not have N8 to do side by side comparison. However, recalled from memory, and not just memories. Once I listen to some devices, from my references point of experiences, I marked down and or memorize the pros and cons of them. So, based on those remarks, and in comparison to Amp9, the Amp9 is more neutral with a more holographical and enveloping soundstage But In Trade off for a less warmth or bigger bass signature. Therefore, the N8 has a higher gain in loudness, less neutral but with warmer signature and slightly more bass.

It is all about preferences and synergies with what your gears and genres are. However, if anyone is claiming that N8 is “slaying or totally better than” Dx200/220 and Amp9, it is not entirely true, and more likely needed to be watched out for

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #7,836 of 13,478
I did listen to Cayin N8, but it was back before Amp9 was released. I do not have N8 to do side by side comparison. However, recalled from memory, and not just memories. Once I listen to some devices, from my references point of experiences, I marked down and or memorize the pros and cons of them. So, based on those remarks, and in comparison to Amp9, the Amp9 is more neutral with a more holographical and enveloping soundstage But In Trade off for a less warmth or bigger bass signature. Therefore, the N8 has a higher gain in loudness, less neutral but with warmer signature and slightly more bass.

It is all about preferences and synergies with what your gears and genres are. However, if anyone is claiming that N8 is “slaying or totally better than” Dx200/220 and Amp9, it is not entirely true, and more likely needed to be watched out for

Yeah, for a fifth of N8's retail price, DX209 is a no-brainer. But i do want some improvements on the output power, it is a little underpowered now, I commented above but nobody batted an eye :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #7,837 of 13,478
Yeah, for a fifth of N8's retail price, DX209 is a no-brainer. But i do want some improvements on the output power, it is a little underpowered now, I commented above but nobody batted an eye :frowning2:

Agreed, it isn’t easy to go there :D. Trust me, it isn’t Ibasso to ignore the customers, but I do see the point why at this moment, they can’t have it done just yet. With the upcoming Dx160 and DX220Max, they have too much on their plates ...lol

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #7,838 of 13,478
Neat! Was looking for a case to collect all the loose gear, also replacing the in-ear headphones case (5 cm high), that one fits the bill with 4 cm. Thanks for sharing

I just bought it too lol. Looks great for traveling.

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #7,841 of 13,478
Hi,
have question for you guys , does it affect the DX220's battery if i charge and play at the same time ?
Thanks in advance
I can’t answer that with science,suspect others could. What I can say is that I keep my 220 on permanent charge and the battery is as it was the day it was bought. I can also say I have a Fiio x7,about 4 years old which has been docked connected to speakers throughout its life. That battery is healthier than other daps I have which have gone through the normal charge,play charge routine. I could also site the same experience with an old iPod classic which was always docked. So,no science,and when you research it you get conflicting answers,but just user experience.

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #7,843 of 13,478
The AMP9 wasn't designed as a higher powered amp. It works for many monitors but won't work for some. Just like some tube amps are 5 watts and work well with some speakers but not with others. Or a 20 watt tube amp will work with some and not with others. It is knowing what you want to power and using the right combination. I have seen 500 watt tube amplifiers but wouldn't want to have them heating where I live. :^)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 5, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #7,844 of 13,478
AMP9 might not be powerful but it has incredible dynamic range... this is clearly stunning for a portable device’s AMP... there are other amps for those who want power, AMP8, AMP5 or AMP1 mk2 to name a few :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back