DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 20, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #5,311 of 13,478
The whole discussion about "hiss" is kind of splitting hairs because a lot of it has to do with how we "test" for it and also our ear sensitivity.

There are some sources where you actually hear the hiss at normal listening level with either gain. That would be a real problem. With DX220, I tested under "extreme" condition where I turn the volume down to zero and hit Play while using some of the usual high sensitivity suspects (Andro/Solaris). Plus, in a middle of this test I would unplug IEMs to hear the "emptiness" without a source and with a source at a volume setting down to zero. Is that a real practical way to test for hiss? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! But under these extreme conditions I do hear a mild waterfall hissing with Andro and Solaris (DX220 amp1mk2 or amp8).

The real hissing problem is when you start raising the volume up to your normal listening level and you still hear this "waterfall" hissing noise in the background. And we do have different ear sensitivity which changes with age and the loudness of our surrounding environment. Some might hear it, others won't. Some might hear it at low gain, others only when the gain is high.

Only bringing this up because I'm guilty as charged by mentioning about "hissing" in the past :D so want to make sure people are aware under what extreme conditions I tested that.

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #5,312 of 13,478
Nooooo. DX220 was perfect and working fine, my polarized sunglasses simply block ALL THE LIGHT from DX220 screen. When I took the sunglasses out of my eyes the screen was ON.
I've never seen that behavior on a screen with my sunglasses and I have them for years. - dead black! Amazing

My polarized sunglasses do the same to my DX220.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #5,315 of 13,478
So, yeah... the Audeze LCD-3 is a bit much for AMP9. It works great with AMP8, but there's like no headroom with AMP9. Listening to an older, quieter master, I had the DX220 nearly maxed out, and still didn't sound "complete".

Again, though, something like the 300Ω Atticus I can listen to all day on this setup. In fact, that's how I spent today, whilst at work. :)

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #5,316 of 13,478

HISS,
for me, yes there's a slight Hiss for my Combo (also with Solaris) and AMp1Mk2, Mid Gain. but as long the mid is this rich, I willingly ignored it...
Based on my exp, AMP8 can delivery darker background...

Burn in,
I don't trust it, especially in long hours... at the beginning...
but DX220 and My sensitive IEM do change after break in / burn in... so Its true...
My exp, AMP1MK2 after 70 hour Mid started layer. getting refine after more hours.
AMP8 more change on Low...

in the end, I enjoy it... never change or change my gear combo eversince... (except cable)

wish I meet @ddmt here in land of the Gods... want to try that Z1r and VX....
Vaper, 12 mg all the way.

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #5,317 of 13,478
Looks like amp9 is a very specific application of iems only?

Anyway to add to some stuff about music from the past, nobody records music like how they used to do. It's bit "too" clean now probably a lot of recording are done digitally. Those music that passed through that Neve 8028 analog is something tho..

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #5,319 of 13,478
Hehehe... 3mg is enough... Ex heavy smoker that try to move on...

best condition, Night time, listening DX221mk2 & chain smoking...

When the chain smoking kills you can I have your audio gear?

Jun 21, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #5,320 of 13,478
Hehehe... 3mg is enough... Ex heavy smoker that try to move on...

best condition, Night time, listening DX221mk2 & chain smoking...

You vape has seen something scary bro!

aaaaa.JPG

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #5,322 of 13,478
I owned the original Angie. And I sold that a while back. Sorry. But there is nothing about it that should struggle with AMP9. What are your worries, exactly?

Thanks for feedback!
Nothing very specific, just to hear thoughts on how they match. I don't pretend to "upgrade" my IEM soon and was thinking on AMP9 more for the full size headphones., but now I start to believe it will be good on both (although I am very please with AMP1 mk2 balanced on the Angies)
Regards

Jun 21, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #5,323 of 13,478
Anyone know if iBasso has officially released the mini dac, DC01 yet?

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #5,324 of 13,478
Hi,

Is anyone having issues with Quboz?

On my Dx220 it seems to just hang after clicking on the Quboz icon. I've reset, removed and reinstalled the app.

Seems Tidal Masters offline and Quboz app don't really work as well on this device.

Jun 21, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #5,325 of 13,478
Anyone know if iBasso has officially released the mini dac, DC01 yet?

Not yet. It's not on the website yet anyway.
But, I'd imagine it's likely to be released by the end of this month or by mid-July.
I base this on the fact they're already sending out review units, combined with previous patterns of 'release behaviour' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back