DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #13,006 of 13,478
Apr 10, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #13,008 of 13,478
Glad to see that they are still supporting this dap even with the new models out

They did this to the 200, even though the 220 came out, the f/w update for the previous model came later, but IT DID come out
I still have to update mine, still very very busy.
i have to drop by @ the local ibasso dealer though, to test the latest one.

Apr 10, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #13,009 of 13,478
1618086161220.png

i'll just wait for monday, the 220's good enough for OTA update

Apr 12, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #13,010 of 13,478
Anyone using DX220 as a DAC/amp off Audirvana on mac ?
I cannot seem to get it to show-up as a DAC in drop-down menu usb-c to usb-c...help !

Edit : solved it, never used Mango before (straight to UAPP) and of course the DAC settings appear to be tucked away in there.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #13,011 of 13,478
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #13,013 of 13,478
will check it out later, Thanks @Lurker0

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #13,014 of 13,478
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #13,015 of 13,478
IMG_20210414_184742.jpgIMG_20210414_184756.jpgIMG_20210414_185036.jpg

updated
...in less than 7 minutes!
On the Mango OS oustide Android, i immediately noticed a Snapiness in the ui...

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #13,016 of 13,478
So I updated to the new FW last night and do notice the "Snapiness" as well (must be like happiness but snappier :ksc75smile::confused:?).

Couple of bugs I have found right away (yes - I performed a factory reset after the update and rescanned my card):
1) Mango Mode - under Artist listings once you select an artist with multiple albums the album art is not aligned and separated the same as the Album Title and Artist text to the right - it's a visual annoyance more than anything else
2) Mange Mode - select Album navigation then select the upper right icon for Artwork View the album art does not show up if you scroll down several screens. Click the Artwork View icon to go back to the list view and album art is not displayed. Toggling between and scrolling up and down does not correct the display issue - going to the very top of the listing will show some of the album art but scroll down a few screens and its missing.

Might be rolling back to the prior FW even though these are both cosmetic things - nothing in this FW that makes me want to stay with it so far...

I had an email exchange with Paul just before this update was announced and released and when I asked about the integration of the Alphabetical Scroll Bar option, that apparently was included with the DX300, he said it was not included with this update (sadly confirmed). Hoping it will come in the next release along with menu navigation position retention through all menus and across power off/on - but "I ain't holding my breath" as the saying goes.

Will add these items to the dedicated DX220 software thread.

Anyone else find anything noteworthy (good or bad)?

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #13,017 of 13,478
So I updated to the new FW last night and do notice the "Snapiness" as well (must be like happiness but snappier :ksc75smile::confused:?).

Couple of bugs I have found right away (yes - I performed a factory reset after the update and rescanned my card):
1) Mango Mode - under Artist listings once you select an artist with multiple albums the album art is not aligned and separated the same as the Album Title and Artist text to the right - it's a visual annoyance more than anything else
2) Mange Mode - select Album navigation then select the upper right icon for Artwork View the album art does not show up if you scroll down several screens. Click the Artwork View icon to go back to the list view and album art is not displayed. Toggling between and scrolling up and down does not correct the display issue - going to the very top of the listing will show some of the album art but scroll down a few screens and its missing.

Might be rolling back to the prior FW even though these are both cosmetic things - nothing in this FW that makes me want to stay with it so far...

I had an email exchange with Paul just before this update was announced and released and when I asked about the integration of the Alphabetical Scroll Bar option, that apparently was included with the DX300, he said it was not included with this update (sadly confirmed). Hoping it will come in the next release along with menu navigation position retention through all menus and across power off/on - but "I ain't holding my breath" as the saying goes.

Will add these items to the dedicated DX220 software thread.

Anyone else find anything noteworthy (good or bad)?

Cheers,
Tim

lols

:beerchug:

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #13,018 of 13,478
There is another bug with the newest FW that was not there in the previous version (added to the other thread as well):

Mango Mode - scroll position is not retained. When you navigate to a song via All Music, Album, Artist, Album, or Genre and play that song then click the My Music icon (upper left 3 bars) then Back (<), Back (and one more Back for Genre) the list is scrolled to the very top instead of retaining the current highlighted position on the screen.

I rolled back to 1.17.256 last night. None of these problems there.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #13,019 of 13,478
There is another bug with the newest FW that was not there in the previous version (added to the other thread as well):

Mango Mode - scroll position is not retained. When you navigate to a song via All Music, Album, Artist, Album, or Genre and play that song then click the My Music icon (upper left 3 bars) then Back (<), Back (and one more Back for Genre) the list is scrolled to the very top instead of retaining the current highlighted position on the screen.

I rolled back to 1.17.256 last night. None of these problems there.

Cheers,
Tim

The retaining of the high lighted issue, i'm experiencing this, too. It's everywhere.
i was thinking i was in that particular genre folder, only to find out the high light was "stuck" in the previous.
Now i'm stuck, literally in this 1.18 update. i deleted the 1.17 zip (sigh)...
i check the ibasso site just now Downloads option not working...

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #13,020 of 13,478
The retaining of the high lighted issue, i'm experiencing this, too. It's everywhere.
i was thinking i was in that particular genre folder, only to find out the high light was "stuck" in the previous.
Now i'm stuck, literally in this 1.18 update. i deleted the 1.17 zip (sigh)...
i check the ibasso site just now Downloads option not working...
Yes - it is a pain to revert back to a prior FW but the pieces of the puzzle are available. Try these steps:

1) Download the Android Tool and .img files from the first post of this thread by Paul. The .img file is old but complete and will then allow you to upgrade later to the 1.17 version. Make sure to save any Playlists you have somewhere safe on your computer or a memory card so you can reload them after step 4 below.
2) Follow the directions included with the Android Tool - after the unzip there will be a file called "DX200-upgrade8.1-user_guide.pdf" buried inside the AndroidTool folder and it will explain the process to install the .img file which takes your DX220 back to 1.12 FW. I did a factory reset after this step.
3) Download the 1.17 FW from the link in the first post or directly from iBasso's website under Downloads. Unpack that rar file and follow the directions included in readme.txt which will have you copy the "DX220-ota-full-1.17.256.zip" file to either a memory card or your DX220 internal memory.
4) Perform a system update from your DX220 and select local update - pick the zip file noted in step 3. Do a factory reset and you should be golden. You will need to start over with all your settings, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back