DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #4,501 of 13,478
No I didn't but this is the right answer for the problem.

My fault for only reading the firmware flashing part of the readme.

Does the device id change between firmware updates?

Yes changed.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #4,503 of 13,478
Just to update on this, I saw this was listed as fixed in the latest update which suggests it was a known issue. I've tested it and it is indeed fixed, so that's good.
If this was a known issue it clearly wasn't just the 2 of us who experienced it, I can understand most people wouldn't have tried DAC mode as that's not a DAPs primary use case so it's easy to understand nobody else mentioning it.
But what is odd is that there are reviews which mentioned DAC mode and how it sounded before this was fixed......

After playing with it some more, I did a factory reset and then upgraded to the latest firmware. I still have the same issue, and what's weirder still, is the issue persists in DAP mode after disconnecting the USB cable. Usually it will resolve itself after rebooting the player, but it will start acting wonky again when I reconnect the USB and try to use DAC mode.

I hope Paul is monitoring this thread closely. I haven't reached out to him directly, as I figure he's being pestered enough, already. And, as I stated earlier, I've already had one bad DX220 that he had to replace.

On edit: I see that there's been yet another firmware update... downloading now (fingers and toes crossed!).

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #4,504 of 13,478
I am sorry to hear this. Have you verified that the 4.4 plug is working correctly? Have you disconnected and reconnected the AMP8? What type of noise? You can email me at paul@ibasso.com.

dx150/amp8/ea eros II pentaconn 4.4 - very strong metalic noise with noble khan, cable change did not help

seller told me that sometimes noble khan piezo drivers are gear sensitive and generate noise

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #4,505 of 13,478
After playing with it some more, I did a factory reset and then upgraded to the latest firmware. I still have the same issue, and what's weirder still, is the issue persists in DAP mode after disconnecting the USB cable. Usually it will resolve itself after rebooting the player, but it will start acting wonky again when I reconnect the USB and try to use DAC mode.

I hope Paul is monitoring this thread closely. I haven't reached out to him directly, as I figure he's being pestered enough, already. And, as I stated earlier, I've already had one bad DX220 that he had to replace.

On edit: I see that there's been yet another firmware update... downloading now (fingers and toes crossed!).

Hi there, yes use the new firmware and email @Paul - iBasso directly at: paul@ibasso.com.

Just so you know...he's always monitoring the iBasso product threads HH. He's very active and you can ask anyone on here about the quality of customer service he provides for iBasso.

Good luck!

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #4,506 of 13,478
dx150/amp8/ea eros II pentaconn 4.4 - very strong metalic noise with noble khan, cable change did not help

seller told me that sometimes noble khan piezo drivers are gear sensitive and generate noise[/QUOTE

Hey there, yeah...Khan's are notoriously gear sensitive bro. Have you upgraded to the newest firmware?

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #4,509 of 13,478
ibasso web site, download page, second row from top right hand side. I know it says for DX80, 120 but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanks! I already managed to get the drivers for the DX200 installed and working.

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #4,510 of 13,478
Jun 2, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #4,511 of 13,478
It will be interesting to see how the dx220 and n6ii compare

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #4,512 of 13,478

We will check this out some more tomorrow.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 2, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #4,513 of 13,478
We will check this out some more tomorrow.

After updating to 1.11.140 all seems to be well. I can switch back and forth between DAC and DAP modes, and the mono issue has not reappeared.

A BIG thanks to you and your engineers for being so quick to address issues! :thumbsup:

Now, if you can get DAC mode to be recognized by a PC without having to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, that would be awesome!

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #4,514 of 13,478
Hi All,

I have the Ibasso DX220 now for a week and so far I do like it a lot, it sounds awesome. The screen is awesome and the DAP responds fast, excellent wifi and GUI. I can only compare to the Opus #2 as this was my previous DAP (I still have it to compare), which is also awesome BTW!

The DX220 has some downsides, for example, the layout, 2.5mm and 3.5mm connector are at the bottom of the dap instead of the top. I do not like this, when carrying in in my pocket I need to put the dap up side down. When controlling the volume with the screen on you can not see the sound level in lock screen mode. It would also be handy to just slide your finger over the screen to higher or lower the volume - as with the opus #2. The interface of the DX220 is much better then the #2.

I have noticed when streaming songs in Tidal the first second of each song is skipped - this is very annoying. Would be great if this can be fixed...Also when stream 192khz songs in Tidal the device stutters and can not handle the stream.

The leather case looks a bit cheap and the colour is not my favorite, black would have been better. Because of the leather case you can not scroll from the top to get the notification screen displayed on android.

The sound quality is very good. Compared to the #2 it has much more power, sounds a bit clearer and certainly darker background. Both devices are very musical where the DX220 pushes out all the details into my 64audio A18's the #2 sounds a little bit smoother and warmer. The DX220 has about 50 hours of playing time now, let's see how the sound will evolve over the next 50 hours.

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #4,515 of 13,478
Hi All,

I have the Ibasso DX220 now for a week and so far I do like it a lot, it sounds awesome. The screen is awesome and the DAP responds fast, excellent wifi and GUI. I can only compare to the Opus #2 as this was my previous DAP (I still have it to compare), which is also awesome BTW!

The DX220 has some downsides, for example, the layout, 2.5mm and 3.5mm connector are at the bottom of the dap instead of the top. I do not like this, when carrying in in my pocket I need to put the dap up side down. When controlling the volume with the screen on you can not see the sound level in lock screen mode. It would also be handy to just slide your finger over the screen to higher or lower the volume - as with the opus #2. The interface of the DX220 is much better then the #2.

I have noticed when streaming songs in Tidal the first second of each song is skipped - this is very annoying. Would be great if this can be fixed...Also when stream 192khz songs in Tidal the device stutters and can not handle the stream.

The leather case looks a bit cheap and the colour is not my favorite, black would have been better. Because of the leather case you can not scroll from the top to get the notification screen displayed on android.

The sound quality is very good. Compared to the #2 it has much more power, sounds a bit clearer and certainly darker background. Both devices are very musical where the DX220 pushes out all the details into my 64audio A18's the #2 sounds a little bit smoother and warmer. The DX220 has about 50 hours of playing time now, let's see how the sound will evolve over the next 50 hours.

Congratulations and welcome aboard. First, have you upgraded the firmware to the latest via SD card or OTA via the update tool in Settings?

Dignis is working on a case, and I believe Miter has a case that will fit.

The unit gets even better around 200 hours of burn-in. As for connections, that is the way iBasso products are, on the bottom. That's a minor thing really...especially considering that you now have exchangeable AMP modules...screen sliding volume control is nice...especially for phones...hic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back