DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #13,021 of 13,478
Yes - it is a pain to revert back to a prior FW but the pieces of the puzzle are available. Try these steps:

1) Download the Android Tool and .img files from the first post of this thread by Paul. The .img file is old but complete and will then allow you to upgrade later to the 1.17 version. Make sure to save any Playlists you have somewhere safe on your computer or a memory card so you can reload them after step 4 below.
2) Follow the directions included with the Android Tool - after the unzip there will be a file called "DX200-upgrade8.1-user_guide.pdf" buried inside the AndroidTool folder and it will explain the process to install the .img file which takes your DX220 back to 1.12 FW. I did a factory reset after this step.
3) Download the 1.17 FW from the link in the first post or directly from iBasso's website under Downloads. Unpack that rar file and follow the directions included in readme.txt which will have you copy the "DX220-ota-full-1.17.256.zip" file to either a memory card or your DX220 internal memory.
4) Perform a system update from your DX220 and select local update - pick the zip file noted in step 3. Do a factory reset and you should be golden. You will need to start over with all your settings, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks, if Not for the fantastic sound and a unique config. being a pair of tubes in the amp stage, i wouldn't through this ordeal...

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #13,022 of 13,478
Thanks, if Not for the fantastic sound and a unique config. being a pair of tubes in the amp stage, i wouldn't through this ordeal...
Hi.. if you want to roll back, let me know... I still have FW 1.17.256..
My exp, there are one time, updating DX220 may change the sound sig, so I always keep the 1 version older.. until I satisfied with the newer version..

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #13,024 of 13,478
My exp, there are one time, updating DX220 may change the sound sig, so I always keep the 1 version older.. until I satisfied with the newer version..
yes, this is true.
But like some of us here, very curious & eager what the latest update would give.
unfortunately, there's just a slight hiccup in the ui.
The "desktop" sound is intact...

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #13,025 of 13,478
Thank you, i'll give the 1.18 up to the end of the month under observation...

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #13,026 of 13,478
Thank you, i'll give the 1.18 up to the end of the month under observation...
I found the lack of scroll position retention to be the deal breaker for 1.18 - it would be like walking out the front door of where you live and find yourself at the North Pole, then have to walk all the way back to your driveway to get in your car to drive to work. Then when you walk out the door of where you work, you are at the North Pole again and have to walk all the way back to where you parked your car at work to drive to get some dinner. When you walk out the door of the restaurant, guess what? You got it - you are at the North Pole again and have to walk all the way back to where you parked your car outside the restaurant to drive home. Rinse and repeat the next day. Sorry, it's just frustrating that nobody at iBasso even thought to check this very basic menu selection/navigation functionality before releasing the updated FW - especially when it was a previously fixed issue.

Okay, off my soap box and my apologies for venting there...

At least the sound quality was still superb - and I could not detect any change going back to 1.17.256.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #13,027 of 13,478
I found the lack of scroll position retention to be the deal breaker for 1.18 - it would be like walking out the front door of where you live and find yourself at the North Pole, then have to walk all the way back to your driveway to get in your car to drive to work. Then when you walk out the door of where you work, you are at the North Pole again and have to walk all the way back to where you parked your car at work to drive to get some dinner. When you walk out the door of the restaurant, guess what? You got it - you are at the North Pole again and have to walk all the way back to where you parked your car outside the restaurant to drive home. Rinse and repeat the next day. Sorry, it's just frustrating that nobody at iBasso even thought to check this very basic menu selection/navigation functionality before releasing the updated FW - especially when it was a previously fixed issue.

Okay, off my soap box and my apologies for venting there...

At least the sound quality was still superb - and I could not detect any change going back to 1.17.256.

Cheers,
Tim

Yes, as far as Mango os sonic attributes concerned, the 1.17 SQ was maintained

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #13,029 of 13,478
My AMP8EX-FE is going to PH... kamangha-mangha

have a nice day....

Amen, congrats to the new owner
Enjoy the music...

Apr 24, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #13,031 of 13,478
How about another amp8ex?

Apr 24, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #13,033 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread