DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 4, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #10,771 of 13,478
AMP9 Mod full impression.

The AMP9 Mod was a borrow from local modder.... be prepare cause the effort was consider minimalist, since AMP9 Mod is Lite modding... only re solder and tidying the connection (I am limited by words and also my understanding of this electrical things. Yes I am an Engineering, but Industrial Engineering...)
Based on my conversation with the local Modder, the part for AMP9 consider expensive and its not even the best part available... hmm...

I used my TFZ King, with Local Cable 25 AWG SPC Litz 2 strands SE.

Using SOLARIS with ifi earbuddy, there will be a slight different, even consider no difference IMO.

SONG use :
Vanessa Fernandez - Immigrant Acoustic version. DSD64
Tulus - Lagu untuk Matahari. Flac 16
Zhao peng - ** (I can't spell it in Chinese language) WAV 1500kbps
Dua Lipa - Don't start know (MQA) Flac 24

20200204_091433.jpg20200204_101351.jpg
20200203_204220.jpg

Lets get to the points, here is my highlight (all perspective seen from AMP9 Mod POI) :

MANGO OS, AMP9 High Gain output, High gain, Digital filter 2.:
it becomes Bright Analytical sounding, still AMP9 sounding. Each upper side of Low, Mid and Hi is being tight, so you get the feeling of clean sounding (in Tube sounding).
The difference was consider small marginal, but noticeable in overall you will perceived Clean sounding.
The interesting part, good recording in song file really emphasize the separation.

ANDROID OS, AMP9 High Gain output, High gain, Digital filter 2 (if applicable) :
As recommended by the owner, AMP9 Mod will shine... Yes, it shines & the sounding seems so open if compare to AMP9 stock in MANGO Player. You will notice the different...
BUT not better when I listened compare to AMP9 Stock in MANGO OS mode...IMHO...

Sorry to raise the hope high, boys...
As following I was expecting 2 things that I hope from AMP9 ( if possible ) :
1) the elimination of HISS or at least reduce in quite big chunk... I still can't listen AMP9 to SOLARIS without Adapter impedance (ifi etc). I believe also majority other IEM. Reality hits when Tube sounding is with hiss in it, CMIIW... That's why I choose TFZ King through all the AB ing testing. Well at least my TFZ king is more enjoyable then SOLARIS with impedance Adapter.
2) Power... especially for Headphone above 100 ohm... no need explain needy...

Overall, AMP9 still the most musical sounding for me compare to other iBasso AMP, and its GOOD just to enjoy music, without concerning the file song, the detail etc...
AMP9 MOD (the one that I tried) is an alternative if you want a cleaner WARM sounding with a bit detail spark...

I do hope other AMP9 Mod can be better then what I tried...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #10,773 of 13,478

The AMP9 Mod was a borrow from local modder.... be prepare cause the effort was consider minimalist, since AMP9 Mod is Lite modding... only re solder and tidying the connection (I am limited by words and also my understanding of this electrical things. Yes I am an Engineering, but Industrial Engineering...)
Based on my conversation with the local Modder, the part for AMP9 consider expensive and its not even the best part available... hmm...

Using SOLARIS with ifi earbuddy, there will be a slight different, even consider no difference IMO.

SONG use :

20200203_204220.jpg

Lets get to the points, here is my highlight (all perspective seen from AMP9 Mod POI) :

it becomes Bright Analytical sounding, still AMP9 sounding. Each upper side of Low, Mid and Hi is being tight, so you get the feeling of clean sounding (in Tube sounding).
The difference was consider small marginal, but noticeable in overall you will perceived Clean sounding.
The interesting part, good recording in song file really emphasize the separation.

ANDROID OS, AMP9 High Gain output, High gain, Digital filter 2 (if applicable) :
As recommended by the owner, AMP9 Mod will shine... Yes, it shines & the sounding seems so open if compare to AMP9 stock in MANGO Player. You will notice the different...

1) the elimination of HISS or at least reduce in quite big chunk... I still can't listen AMP9 to SOLARIS without Adapter impedance (ifi etc). I believe also majority other IEM. Reality hits when Tube sounding is with hiss in it, CMIIW... That's why I choose TFZ King through all the AB ing testing. Well at least my TFZ king is more enjoyable then SOLARIS with impedance Adapter.

Overall, AMP9 still the most musical sounding for me compare to other iBasso AMP, and its GOOD just to enjoy music, without concerning the file song, the detail etc...
AMP9 MOD (the one that I tried) is an alternative if you want a cleaner WARM sounding with a bit detail spark...

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #10,776 of 13,478
My DX220, AMP8 and AMP9 have gone to Fidelizer for the Masterpiece mod. I'll report back. My point of "reference" is my iPhone 8. Whenever I make any changes to the DX220, I always compare to the iPhone. This makes it easier for me to hear if there are positive or negative differences. Relying upon memory is too problematic. Quite often I see people report "there were parts of the music heard that weren't there before". Most of the time this is because the human brain didn't store that memory in the first place, but sometimes it genuinely is because of the better device being used :)

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #10,777 of 13,478
Got the new replacement battery from ibasso, now im getting around 6 hours of music bliss,
thx ibasso for this,
now its time to enjoy my,:musical_score:
Amaizing dap with some flaws here and there while in andriod but as with mango player its damn good.no problem whatsoever.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #10,780 of 13,478
My DX220, AMP8 and AMP9 have gone to Fidelizer for the Masterpiece mod. I'll report back. My point of "reference" is my iPhone 8. Whenever I make any changes to the DX220, I always compare to the iPhone. This makes it easier for me to hear if there are positive or negative differences. Relying upon memory is too problematic. Quite often I see people report "there were parts of the music heard that weren't there before". Most of the time this is because the human brain didn't store that memory in the first place, but sometimes it genuinely is because of the better device being used :)
No disrespect but iphone is not very competitive sq wise even in smartphone audio level.
How can it compare to a high end dap, let alone a moded one.

As far as fidelizer goes, Advanced Rom makes dx220 miles better then stock. I really hope ultimate mod on amp 8 will improve it even more then costom rom. Should get it shipped soon..

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #10,781 of 13,478
No disrespect but iphone is not very competitive sq wise even in smartphone audio level.
How can it compare to a high end dap, let alone a moded one.

As far as fidelizer goes, Advanced Rom makes dx220 miles better then stock. I really hope ultimate mod on amp 8 will improve it even more then costom rom. Should get it shipped soon..
I never said the iphone was competitive sound quality wise. But, it does give me a reference point - something to compare to.

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #10,782 of 13,478
I know this is the DX220 thread but the DX200 is pretty quiet.
I'm trying to update my DX200. My current version is 2.9.209. I want to update it to 8.1 v1.09.
Do I install Android O V1.01 firmware first then install 8.1 v1.09 ?
I'm trying to download the files to my cell but they get cut off early and don't download completely. I can't seem to dl any files from Ibasso. Has anyone had this experience ?
No,sorry

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #10,783 of 13,478

SONG use :

20200203_204220.jpg

So I tried Mango OS per your note. It sounded great but too much HISS as I need to use Mango player, so had to switch back to Android.
From what I read you are not extremely impressed by the amp9 mod. :) Amp9 stock is already at top being plenty fluid compared to any other amp or daps,
so I am not a bit surprised. Already having best listening experience with amp9 so I am curious as to what my mod order will really do but still anticipate some.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #10,784 of 13,478
So I tried Mango OS per your note. It sounded great but too much HISS as I need to use Mango player, so had to switch back to Android.
From what I read you are not extremely impressed by the amp9 mod. :) Amp9 stock is already at top being plenty fluid compared to any other amp or daps,
so I am not a bit surprised. Already having best listening experience with amp9 so I am curious as to what my mod order will really do but still anticipate some.
I can said that my expectation is not meet with the mod... I love AMP9, so the mod ver. prob not the best route for me...

Looking forward for your impression of AMP9 Mod...

Regarding Hiss on Mango using AMP9.. yes is unbearable with SOLARIS... that's why I used other IEM that is not to implicable to HISS, like TFZ King. At least the HISS can be neglect ....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back