DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #10,501 of 13,478
Just wondering:

what headphones /earphones are you using?

what digital filter?

android or pure mango OS?

what gain and volume?

most recent firmware?

thanks

Focal Clear, Focal Elegia, HD650, Sony XM3 wired. Also tried Aeon 2 Closed before returning it
Stock chosen filter (2-Slow roll off). Not much difference between filters
Using both Android and Mango OS
High gain. With other gains I increase the volume and the same sound.
The most recent firmware

The sound quality is not bad but unimpressive. The clarity level isn't as good as it should be , there is always some dirtiness depending on the music.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #10,502 of 13,478
I don’t think Mojo has the clarity of the Dx220 and amp1mkii....but personal preferences matters. Chord house sound is different than Ibasso, which is as previously stated by @artpiggo .... feel free to pick your poison. If you dislike the Ibasso house sound and Dx220, then keep moving on.

I am with @artpiggo , the Mojo doesn’t impress me and that is why I never bought it

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #10,503 of 13,478
Are there any SQ adventages to keeping gain lower?
Since I went to the balanced port of the stock amp I no longer ever need the crank the volume more then 65 tops (0-100 range/high gain).
Should I switch it to medium gain and will that improve SQ, reduce hiss , affect battery etc, or does that not play a role in neither regard?
Ty

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #10,504 of 13,478
It is all depends on your gears that connected to the Dx220. There are pros and cons...

The question is, could you hear the differences ? If you could, then go with what sounded the best...otherwise don’t worry about it, the variations are too much to even think about....but everything lead down to the “matter of hearings”

low gains is always the lowest noises, but that will lack dynamic if the gears used demand too much power
High gain is more noisy but it may provide the dynamic that needed for high demanding gears

optimally, you want to stay at the lowest gain and maxed out your volume as it is digital attenuations, which also effect the dynamic ranges .....but just as I mentioned above ...go with whatever sounded the best

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #10,505 of 13,478
I may quite understand @flarex3 a bit since mostly he uses warm-tonal full size can which needs a higher and matched amplification. And DX220 may be unable to drive or match that successfully.

Have you tried ifi dac/amp yet? I think it would be better matching.

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #10,506 of 13,478
I may quite understand @flarex3 a bit since mostly he uses warm-tonal full size can which needs a higher and matched amplification. And DX220 may be unable to drive or match that successfully.

Have you tried ifi dac/amp yet? I think it would be better matching.

Is it possible that my unit has a problem? My device is fully functional and the sound is generally fine. But is it possible that a small error was made during production which causes my unit to sound slightly worse than usual ?

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #10,507 of 13,478
Is it possible that my unit has a problem? My device is fully functional and the sound is generally fine. But is it possible that a small error was made during production which causes my unit to sound slightly worse than usual ?
Anything is possible - but I would probably say unlikely given quality control/checking that goes into devices like this. If you could somehow find a fellow DX220 owner that lives close you could try to arrange a get together to compare and see if yours is "off" in the sound department...

Otherwise I would suggest reaching out to Paul at iBasso once the CNY celebrations are over and they are back to work to get yours checked out/replaced, etc.

I am assuming you have tried all the usual things like removing and reinstalling the amp module to ensure a good connection, performed a factory reset, tried an alternate memory card or internal memory, do you have multiple amp modules to try an alternate, checked an alternate iBasso FW, etc? If not you may want to give one or more of these a go.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #10,510 of 13,478
I returned to the DX220 again and think that up to 1к $ there is no better option. But autonomy bothers me, on a balanced output it is an average of 15% per hour, without amplification and without using a screen. But at the same time, my new DX220 is not as hot as the previous one, it pleases.
15% per hour is this normal?
ps latest firmware

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #10,511 of 13,478
Today I connected the mojo to the dx220, in coaxial everything ok, with USB "hiby music" audio output I felt an intermittent and annoying TIC what can it be?
The optical connection did not work, the red light was transmitted from the dx220 to the mojo but the mojo did not emit sounds.

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #10,512 of 13,478
I returned to the DX220 again and think that up to 1к $ there is no better option. But autonomy bothers me, on a balanced output it is an average of 15% per hour, without amplification and without using a screen. But at the same time, my new DX220 is not as hot as the previous one, it pleases.
15% per hour is this normal?
ps latest firmware
U are lucky to have 15percent per hour
actually mine does 30percent per hour
waiting for a new battery from ibasso
and mine gets very hot while playing flac, with 320kbp mp3'is fine

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #10,515 of 13,478
Anyone has tried fiio m15 yet? Would like to find any comparison with dx220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back