DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #9,496 of 13,478
Let's say my device has a fault and I have to send it to iBasso, China for warranty repair. Who will pay the both way shipping costs ? Who will pay the re-import fee when I receive the device back ? This question applies to Fiio, Hiby etc. as well

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #9,497 of 13,478
If it’s labeled properly (and keep proof that you shipped out for warrantee repair), you should not need to pay any import duties. Who pays for shipping will depend on the company...

alternately, buy from an EU source and then you’ve got the standard EU 2 year warrantee via the retailer. Bit more expensive than going direct if you’re not lucky enough to not get hit with import fees.

advancedmp3ayers in the UK and headphoniaks in Spain both carry iBasso, I’ve had good experiences with both. The former often has discount codes floating about, but considering Brexit, I wouldn’t count of EU consumer protection much past 2020...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #9,498 of 13,478
Let's say my device has a fault and I have to send it to iBasso, China for warranty repair. Who will pay the both way shipping costs ? Who will pay the re-import fee when I receive the device back ? This question applies to Fiio, Hiby etc. as well
Normally I think companies put a low value on the product. I have had to send my watch to Canada a number of times and they put in the form that it was to be declared at a very low value or I would have to pay the import fee. I also have had to pay the shipping to them and they paid it back to me. I had a product I bought from Europe, basically the same thing and any of the companies from China and Japan, I had to pay the shipping there and they paid, if under warranty, back to me. Like even a car under warranty. You have to drive it their using your gas and your time and then either wait or go home and go back again. :^) Better than no warranty though. lol

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #9,499 of 13,478

Contact ibasso first via their website and follow their instructions. Mostly they told you to ship with the value of $20 just like you send “a memory card” then you pay the shipping fee and when the repair is done they will send back to you without charging shipping fee. That was the way it worked for me before.

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #9,500 of 13,478

How it works in Canada is as long as it's marked as a return you shouldn’t pay any taxes or customs on it. You already paid that so you shouldn’t be paying it twice. Likely works the same for you though I’d double check your customs laws to be sure.

You'll likely have to pay return shipping to them and they cover the shipping it back for you. Some may provide a pre-paid shipping label but most will likely require you to pay to ship it.

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #9,502 of 13,478
Has anyone come up with a solution for getting the Mango app to sort artists using "Artist Sort" or better yet "Album Artist Sort" tags? It's really annoying having a bunch of bands that start with "The" listed under "T".
You could use a program like mp3tag to edit the information so the DX220 displays/sorts how you would like it to. That is what I have done to fix some of the sorting/displaying issues I ran into early on. For instance, you could remove "The" from the Album Artist file property for all artist in your collection (might take a while to do this...) and you will then get what you are looking for. If the Album Artist field is let blank then the DX220 will utilize the Artist file property - but be aware that if there are multiple artists included in that field it may not be to your liking. There has been a few discussions about this in the Software Request thread if you want to read more about that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #9,503 of 13,478
You could use a program like mp3tag to edit the information so the DX220 displays/sorts how you would like it to. That is what I have done to fix some of the sorting/displaying issues I ran into early on. For instance, you could remove "The" from the Album Artist file property for all artist in your collection (might take a while to do this...) and you will then get what you are looking for. If the Album Artist field is let blank then the DX220 will utilize the Artist file property - but be aware that if there are multiple artists included in that field it may not be to your liking. There has been a few discussions about this in the Software Request thread if you want to read more about that.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Tim, I appreciate your response. I did a test and retagged the Album Artist on a few albums with "The" at the end (e.g. Beatles, The) and that did the trick. Not my ideal solution but definitely a viable option for now.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #9,505 of 13,478
I just got my dignis case today and this case feels extremely premium definitely adding value to dx220.
Highly recommend!

Looks great but yes, it adds a value to dx220, more precisely $110, + customs it would cost me in excess of $150.
I remember a couple of years ago a Dignis case for my FiiO X7 costed me less than $40, they are exaggerating a bit IMHO, so I´ll skip

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #9,506 of 13,478
Yap, in Romania $ 110 + import taxes reaches about $ 160. For this money I better buy an AMP module for the dx220.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #9,510 of 13,478
How come you got that fast? You must be located in Korea then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope, I am in CA, USA. It took about 5 days to arrive. Ordered 12/12 and got it 12/17. Yes, it is rather expensive but it's well worth it.
I especially like the precise button placement making it easy to operate inside the pocket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back