DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 18, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #8,823 of 13,478
Just out of curiosity, what would the likelihood of a fan edition DX220 be? I’m assuming very low. Just wondering though :wink:
I do not know. Until Ibasso is not so busy, we may try to do the “demands listing” again like what we did and see if it would fly ? Lol. For now, be glad that we can pull off the Fan-Edition Amp8EX without problems

I will update the listing as soon as possible. It will be by the order of payment received. But if you don’t see me being around updating it for a while, I am asleep....LOL*....but do not worry as I will keep it updated by the order which was received

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #8,827 of 13,478
Post 8801 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-587#post-15254226
(Amp8Ex order details)

RE: Amp8Ex

*put me down as interested (probably irrelevant now as it has proceeded to the pre-order before 11/7 see above link).

I know about the Mod thread for iBasso Amps. And also the Dap modding also.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx200-220-amp8-amp1-ex-modifications.898918/

Can i get a recent opinion on the positives of unmodded DX220 with Amp8Ex vs unmodded DX2200 with Amp8.

I need an extra push before pulling the trigger.

Thanking you in advance.

:)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #8,829 of 13,478
So as I mentioned that I have good news regarding the “Fan-Edition” Amp8-EX.
Please visit this link for further information
I will keep updated list on all participants here.

@Whitigir, Vince I just read the specs for the amp8 Fan Edition. (All Tantalum capacitors are now upgraded to Kemet newest line up of KO series. Panasonic ECHU upgrades. United Chemicon Electrolytic capacitor Upgrades. Elna Silmic II Electrolytic capacitor Upgrades.)

How close Is this to the amp8 EX-P (Elna edition) variant that I posted based on your design?

I think it's amazing that this is happening!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #8,831 of 13,478
Post 8801 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-587#post-15254226
(Amp8Ex order details)

RE: Amp8Ex

*put me down as interested (probably irrelevant now as it has proceeded to the pre-order before 11/7 see above link).

I know about the Mod thread for iBasso Amps. And also the Dap modding also.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx200-220-amp8-amp1-ex-modifications.898918/

Can i get a recent opinion on the positives of unmodded DX220 with Amp8Ex vs unmodded DX2200 with Amp8.

I need an extra push before pulling the trigger.

Thanking you in advance.

:)

This will need an answer from @icefalkon :) and or @DaYooper as both currently have both stock of main body unit and Amp8EX units. Eventhough both are early V1 versions, the EX is really what it is, EXtreme-Fidelity. Both can benefit from this run too as this is the current designs from Ibasso. @DaYooper is on the list, @icefalkon is not yet.

@Whitigir, Vince I just read the specs for the amp8 Fan Edition. (All Tantalum capacitors are now upgraded to Kemet newest line up of KO series. Panasonic ECHU upgrades. United Chemicon Electrolytic capacitor Upgrades. Elna Silmic II Electrolytic capacitor Upgrades.)

How close Is this to the amp8 EX-P (Elna edition) variant that I posted based on your design?

I think it's amazing that this is happening!

The current Amp8 from Ibasso is what I referred to as V2. This edition is aiming toward the same goal as the original version of Amp8 and EX modifications. To reveal and unleash full potentials, synergy between the Amp8 signature and the main Dx220. It is and will be very similar to your EX-P as both are aimed toward similar goals

yes, it is amazing that Ibasso is allowing this once in a life time deal! I love Ibasso and howmuch enthusiasm Ibasso is toward music, and cares for us enthusiasts

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #8,832 of 13,478
This will need an answer from @icefalkon :) and or @DaYooper as both currently have both stock of main body unit and Amp8EX units

Actually, my amp8-EX is still attached to the dap I got it with. That pairing is just too good to break up. But maybe I'll finally have to do some comparison. At the moment I have an AMP4s on the DX220 and I like that really good.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #8,833 of 13,478
Oct 18, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #8,835 of 13,478
*edited*

Actually, my amp8-EX is still attached to the dap I got it with. That pairing is just too good to break up. But maybe I'll finally have to do some comparison. At the moment I have an AMP4s on the DX220 and I like that really good.

I know what you meant very very well. Just as soon as you got that combo turned on, you just forget about many things around you :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back