DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #8,761 of 13,478
I think that the AMP8-EX could be made easily from iBasso (if they want) because the component is very small (the module amp by itself) and it's more reasonable and feasible than asking to make a parallel (even limited) production of the DX220-EX.
I would be happy if iBasso takes the decision to start at least from the AMP8-EX.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #8,762 of 13,478
I think that the AMP8-EX could be made easily from iBasso (if they want) because the component is very small (the module amp by itself) and it's more reasonable and feasible than asking to make a parallel (even limited) production of the DX220-EX.
I would be happy if iBasso takes the decision to start at least from the AMP8-EX.

I would like ibasso selling DX228-EX as a combo. That way everyone wouldn’t have to worry about switching back and forth. :wink:

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #8,764 of 13,478
@Whitigir
hey Vince, about your great idea: do you think will be also possible to modify the existing Dx220 and amp8 ? Since I already own both of them.
And, in case of yes, it would be nice but I would have some doubt about the shipping for example from Europe to China...(customs problem for example).

Thanks
Ciao!

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #8,765 of 13,478
2/ @singleended5863 I am interested.
3/ @DaYooper interested
4/ @HK_sends interest (in this or @rr12267's idea of a turn-in...or even trade-in...for upgrade)
5/ @Back2mine Interested
6/ @Shawnb Interested
7/ @iMongui Interested here !
8/ @CobraMan interested as well (more leaning towards modified AMP8 only if that becomes a sub-option).
9/ @cycheang interested in Amp8 Ex
10/ @kalo86 interested in AMP8EX
11/ @arijitroy2 is interested in AMP8Ex
12/ @gordec interested in Amp8EX
13/ @Sunstealer interested in Amp8EX
14/ @BiggieBig interested in Amp8EX
15/ @hAbIrAbI intersted in upgrade
16/ @MCPT interested in upgrade as well.

Excellent list! Please copy and paste the list with your own # and name on it.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #8,767 of 13,478
not the dx220 but the amp8ex interested

@alan_g

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #8,768 of 13,478
3/ @DaYooper interested
4/ @HK_sends interest (in this or @rr12267's idea of a turn-in...or even trade-in...for upgrade)
5/ @Back2mine Interested
6/ @Shawnb Interested
8/ @CobraMan interested as well (more leaning towards modified AMP8 only if that becomes a sub-option).
17/ @behemoth_kat interested in AMP8EX

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #8,769 of 13,478
@Whitigir
hey Vince, about your great idea: do you think will be also possible to modify the existing Dx220 and amp8 ? Since I already own both of them.
And, in case of yes, it would be nice but I would have some doubt about the shipping for example from Europe to China...(customs problem for example).

Thanks
Ciao!

The way I see it is that, modifying on the existed units is possible but would need the works from 3rd vendors. As they would have to pull the stock parts and upgrades to the modified one. I have had many people asking about this, and the only solid person I would refer to is @chaiyuta from Thailand

the group-buy from what I am seeing is that it may be possible from Ibasso as they have everything to do it easily. But it would need to be very specific conditions to make it happen....such as the number of purchasers...etc...etc...this way. So the group-buy is more like “A Fan-Edition” that is limited run. Ofcourse, we are subjected to the mercy of Ibasso as a company, to whether or not Ibasso would agree to produce a small batch under Fan-tuning special edition, specifically the EX-modification tuning.

Let’s say if Ibasso agree to produce a small batches of EX as Limited-Fan tuning Amp8. We would have a huge saving

1/ the purchase power from Ibasso
2/ the direct manufacturing from Ibasso
3/ the warranty for a small period ? I wouldn’t expect it to be a full stock warranty ? But Ofcourse we also have the quality control from Ibasso as well
4/ the shipping power from Ibasso

Also as the Fan-edition, the Amp8-EX is originated from a hardcore Fan, and it is me. So, hopefully, when enough people have found that they are interested into the same personal preferences, impressions, and tastes of music like me....or in a short of...trusting my own tuning. Then do sign up.

I do believe that when enough people is signed up, and a for sure of a definitive purchase. Then we could see some positive outcome. Also, if it does happen, it may be that we either hit a lottery, a once in a life time....or Ibasso love us A LOT!

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #8,770 of 13,478
3/ @DaYooper interested
5/ @Back2mine Interested
6/ @Shawnb Interested
17/ @behemothkat interested in AMP8EX
18/ @xnuthecaveman Amp8EX
19/ @alan_g Amp8EX

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #8,771 of 13,478
Hi guys, I wasn’t to post this, but well, its not completely off-topic since its iBasso DX220 as a source.
I just recovered an old, somewhat rare PYE Mozart HFS-20M tube amplifier from the early 60’s, inherited from my wife’s grandfather

Its a joy to hear music with this combo, as always enjoying the music with iBasso :L3000: - Enjoy:

Nice I have a Mozart HF 10M mono that I use for 78s, for something made in the 1950 they sound superb.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #8,772 of 13,478
The way I see it is that, modifying on the existed units is possible but would need the works from 3rd vendors. As they would have to pull the stock parts and upgrades to the modified one. I have had many people asking about this, and the only solid person I would refer to is @chaiyuta from Thailand

the group-buy from what I am seeing is that it may be possible from Ibasso as they have everything to do it easily. But it would need to be very specific conditions to make it happen....such as the number of purchasers...etc...etc...this way. So the group-buy is more like “A Fan-Edition” that is limited run. Ofcourse, we are subjected to the mercy of Ibasso as a company, to whether or not Ibasso would agree to produce a small batch under Fan-tuning special edition, specifically the EX-modification tuning.

Let’s say if Ibasso agree to produce a small batches of EX as Limited-Fan tuning Amp8. We would have a huge saving

3/ the warranty for a small period ? I wouldn’t expect it to be a full stock warranty ? But Ofcourse we also have the quality control from Ibasso as well

Also as the Fan-edition, the Amp8-EX is originated from a hardcore Fan, and it is me. So, hopefully, when enough people have found that they are interested into the same personal preferences, impressions, and tastes of music like me....or in a short of...trusting my own tuning. Then do sign up.

I do believe that when enough people is signed up, and a for sure of a definitive purchase. Then we could see some positive outcome. Also, if it does happen, it may be that we either hit a lottery, a once in a life time....or Ibasso love us A LOT!

Either way thanks for trying to make this happen. I was about to send my amp8 to Thailand. I probably will hold off and let my stock amp8 burn in. The stock amp 8 with dx220ex is already a formidable combo.

Very interesting, some who have heard both dx220ex with and without amp8ex say dx220ex makes the biggest difference, but others have said amp8ex makes a bigger difference in terms of sound.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #8,773 of 13,478
I suppose i misnumbered myself. Interested in a upgrade for my DX228

I didn't respond since I can't add myself to the list, but I wanted to chime in to add my support. Knowing the power of the EXmod I always wish there was a more straightforward way of getting it into more hands.

I'm delighted at the prospect of getting iBasso involved!

Thanks to Whitigir for taking the initiative!

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #8,774 of 13,478
3/ @DaYooper interested
5/ @Back2mine Interested
6/ @Shawnb Interested
17/ @behemothkat interested in AMP8EX
18/ @xnuthecaveman Amp8EX
19/ @alan_g Amp8EX
20/ @bahamot Amp8EX

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #8,775 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back