DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 15, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #7,457 of 13,460
A Milestone in my listening experience, after 110 hours, holographic imaging on the amp1ii module. The presentation was really nice...

upload_2019-8-15_20-36-22.png

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #7,458 of 13,460
HEEELP!

I'd like to buy this dap, but I'm afraid of usb audio.
Anyone is know it, if I connect the ibasso dx220 with the ps4 pro through usb (usb c - usb a), the usb audio is work well?

anyone with a ps4 console could speak to this?

Thanks,
George

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #7,459 of 13,460
HEEELP!

Anyone is know it, if I connect the ibasso dx220 with the ps4 pro through usb (usb c - usb a), the usb audio is work well?

Thanks,
George
you Cant configure the output through USB port, just hdmi or through optical dedicated port, I’m not sure if you are gonna be able to use the schema that you are asking...

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #7,460 of 13,460
Hello!

There was an A&K 70 Dap that worked well with it on a usb connection.

can't it work the same way?

I contacted the manufacturer, but they haven't tested ps4 either. :frowning2:

Thanks,
George

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #7,461 of 13,460
I can try this tonight (PST) with my PS4. Not sure if it will work but worth a try for the fun of it. Sony tends to be picky and selective with supported devices via its USB audio output whereas optical audio is standard.

Any reason you don't want to use optical audio for PS4? I run my PS4 to my iFi Audio iOne via optical connection. USB does have its advantages for higher resolution playback but for my PS4 I'm not too picky about high resolution music as I only use it for home theater stuff.

HEEELP!

Thanks,
George

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #7,462 of 13,460
I can try this tonight (PST) with my PS4. Not sure if it will work but worth a try for the fun of it. Sony tends to be picky and selective with supported devices via its USB audio output whereas optical audio is standard.

Any reason you don't want to use optical audio for PS4? I run my PS4 to my iFi Audio iOne via optical connection. USB does have its advantages for higher resolution playback but for my PS4 I'm not too picky about high resolution music as I only use it for home theater stuff.

Hello!

I understand, but I want a DAP player for multifunctionality.
Thank you so much for trying ps4.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #7,463 of 13,460
Hello!

I understand, but I want a DAP player for multifunctionality.
Thank you so much for trying ps4.

@gmalik, with all due respects, you don't need a DX220 for your PS4, you get the best and justify the money it costs with music, good music, hi-res the best in Mango
I also play PS4, if you want good sound on it just get an Astro headset with the mixamp pro - not even DX220 will beat it!
Don't take this wrong, I'm just trying to help you get on tracks, at least the way I see it

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #7,464 of 13,460
@gmalik, with all due respects, you don't need a DX220 for your PS4, you get the best and justify the money it costs with music, good music, hi-res the best in Mango
I also play PS4, if you want good sound on it just get an Astro headset with the mixamp pro - not even DX220 will beat it!
Don't take this wrong, I'm just trying to help you get on tracks, at least the way I see it

I don't want to buy a Dap only for a ps4. I just want a hi end dap that is compatible with ps4 usb audio. You understand?
If I like to buy for ps4, I buy a chord mojo or ifi micro idsd (with toslink input). :)

Thanks your advice!

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #7,465 of 13,460
I’ve been having trouble when I use android os. I mostly stay in mango os but when I do go into android mode I can’t get into the google play store without it shutting down. I can’t download apps I’ve paid for, I cant update anything either. I’ve tried an android reset and I’ve done an OS reset using a zip file from SD. Anybody got anything else I could do?

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #7,466 of 13,460
I’ve been having trouble when I use android os. I mostly stay in mango os but when I do go into android mode I can’t get into the google play store without it shutting down. I can’t download apps I’ve paid for, I cant update anything either. I’ve tried an android reset and I’ve done an OS reset using a zip file from SD. Anybody got anything else I could do?
The stock firmware has Google play store disabled as I know.
You will need Lurker's firmware to have it back on that many have done including myself.

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #7,468 of 13,460
I tried to get the PS4 and DX220 to work together. PS4 or DX220 don't recognize the other. PS4 does charge the DX220 though. I tried bluetooth and PS4 indicates that it does not support DX220. I tried optical input into the DX220 but then I realized from the manual that the DX220 is only optical output not input. Others can give the USB on the PS4 a try with their DX220. It didn't work for me.

Personally I would not buy the DX200 based on its compatibility or incompatibility with the PS4 but we all have different priorities.

I don't want to buy a Dap only for a ps4. I just want a hi end dap that is compatible with ps4 usb audio. You understand?
If I like to buy for ps4, I buy a chord mojo or ifi micro idsd (with toslink input). :)

Thanks your advice!

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #7,469 of 13,460
I tried to get the PS4 and DX220 to work together. PS4 or DX220 don't recognize the other. PS4 does charge the DX220 though. I tried bluetooth and PS4 indicates that it does not support DX220. I tried optical input into the DX220 but then I realized from the manual that the DX220 is only optical output not input. Others can give the USB on the PS4 a try with their DX220. It didn't work for me.

Personally I would not buy the DX200 based on its compatibility or incompatibility with the PS4 but we all have different priorities.

USB DAC is another feature that does not work as advertised. Oddly enough, this feature works less than the DX200.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #7,470 of 13,460
USB DAC is another feature that does not work as advertised. Oddly enough, this feature works less than the DX200.
It works fine for me. You have to plug the USB in and then change the DX220 to USB dac mode. It is in the user manual that is downloadable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back