DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #7,066 of 13,478
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #7,067 of 13,478
Hi @Paul - iBasso
any bug in the ibasso website for DC01? It says me 999 usd

Tnks
ciao

$999 is for Ti edition of DC01 with AK4499 and NuTube... j/k :D Usually when you see unrealistic high price, it means the product is out of stock and they don't have to remove the listing, just change the price :wink:

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #7,068 of 13,478
$999 is for Ti edition of DC01 with AK4499 and NuTube... j/k :D Usually when you see unrealistic high price, it means the product is out of stock and they don't have to remove the listing, just change the price :wink:

I bet if someone ordered one though they would find the stock to fulfill it :money_mouth:!

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #7,070 of 13,478
I like to listen at lower volumes, so...IEMatch ordered.

Please let us know your opinion. Amazon descriptions says "... the result is sound quality that has a greater warmth...” so I'm a bit curious

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #7,072 of 13,478
Just got the blue Miter case on sale on Amazon for $28.80 because the bottom lip was cut a little too high. Came in one day, and I used a razor blade to fix it. Can't believe I got such a great deal!

IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2179.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2176.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #7,073 of 13,478
Just got the blue Miter case on sale on Amazon for $28.80 because the bottom lip was cut a little too high. Came in one day, and I used a razor blade to fix it. Can't believe I got such a great deal!
Haha, great deal indeed, they explicitly state that the production flaw and sell for a discount.
I for one like the included one though.

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #7,074 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso , the volume wheel on my DX220 is sticking. It has become more and more difficult to turn. Is there an easy fix for this, or do I need to do something more? Thanks!

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #7,075 of 13,478
just report back on my mac connection issue

Appears speculation here is correct , USB-C to USB-C won't work on mac because of confusion with thunderbolt.

USB-C to USB 3.1 with an adaptor seems to work a treat even with a long 1.8m amazon basics cable.

@Paul - iBasso only issue is when in Mango mode and you press pause on dx220 it drops out of DAC mode and start blasting music through the speakers, can be embarrassing in an office environment . This is done out of habit as all the controls work as expected so it's natural to press pause

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #7,076 of 13,478
@icefalkon
Hi mate,
which Miter case exactly did you choose? does it exist for ibasso or di you choose one for player it has similar size?

PS
how's going your AMP9 burn in?
impatient to listen your amp9 vs amp8EX :)

ciao!!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #7,077 of 13,478
@icefalkon
Hi mate,
which Miter case exactly did you choose? does it exist for ibasso or di you choose one for player it has similar size?

PS
how's going your AMP9 burn in?
impatient to listen your amp9 vs amp8EX :)

ciao!!

Hi, it's made for the DX220 and I got it on Amazon. Look for Miter Cases.

I've been going back and forth between the two. While AMP9 is fantastic. I find that I'm enjoying AMP8EX more. That's just me with my tastes in music though. Others will undoubtedly prefer the opposite.

Jul 29, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #7,078 of 13,478
Hi, friends of the DX220,

I‘m contemplating to treat myself to a (TOTL) DAP. Currently, I have the iBasso DX220 and the Questyle QP2R on my list. Before trying to A/B demo them at a dealer, I would like to ask some technical questions here.

Of course, I did read the DX220 manual, but your experience is much more worthwhile than the manual. And the sheer wealth of this thread is too much to digest, even when it is less than half of the Hugo 2 thread (which DAC I do own since 1.5 yrs).

—————

Regarding file storage:

1.) Is the SD card limit of 2 TB correct? The manual just mentions SDHC and SDXC cards, while the iBasso website says 2 TB. Just to make sure, since my music library is like 1-1.5 TB.

2.) How does the DX220 show up when connected to a Linux computer (USB-A 3.0 on the PC to USB-C on DX220)? Is it seen as two hard drives? Any software requirements on the Linux side?

3.) Can I just format the SD card in the DX220 from the Linux PC, e.g. to ext4 or exFAT? Or would it be better to format the SD outside the DX220, e.g. by putting it into a computer (don‘t know if mine can take it)?

4.) Can I then just copy my music library to the SD card in the DX220 (it‘s like 1-1.5 TB)? Or do the first copy to SD in a computer, then synchronize the music library on the SD card to the computer at any time later with the SD card sitting in the DX220?

—————

Regarding the graphical UI of the DX220:

A.) How to browse my music library with the Mango Player app (AndroidOS):

5.) Does the UI browse and display my tracks by Artist > Album > Title, with the tracks sorted by Track Number? This would be the most desirable way.

6.) Similar to 5, but like Genre > Artist > Album > Title, with sort by Track Number?

7.) From the displays described under 5 and 6, can I add an entire album to the playlist? Or / and add select tracks?

8.) Can I browse by directories? Ultimately sorted by the tracks‘ filenames?

9.) For display as in 8, can I add an entire subdirectory to the playlist? And add select files?

- - - - -

B.) How is the playlist presented by the end of the day?

10.) Do I see it in a way similar to Artist > Album > Title, sorted by Track Number?

- - - - -

C.) Anything different regarding the above questions 5-10 wrt browsing when using the Mango OS instead of Mango app on Android? Wrt the SD card, is the Mango OS any different from Android + Mango app (questions 1-4)?

- - - - -

D.) General:

11.) Any problems with quite some metadata in the audio files beyond the ordinary ones?

12.) Any problems with more than one image (front, back covers, other) in the audio files?

—————

I am not specifically asking you for a soundwise comparison of the two DAPs here, since I guess that is quite much down to personal preferences. Would be interesting anyway...

—————

Thanks a lot in advance to you here for any help in getting closer to a purchase decision. Sorry if I am asking things that might have been answered previously, but I figured it would be better to bring them all up in one place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back