DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 27, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #7,051 of 13,460
That is sad, since I was planning to get iFi Micro iDSD as external dac/amp
I don't know why it connects Q5 but not ifi Micro?

Is there setting for this purpose, or it is just plug and play?

You can always use the line in instead of OTG (3.5mm input at the front). I have a feeling the DAC inside the DX220 might be superior to the old micro anyhow and the DX220 can natively decode MQA.

Is it the BL version or older silver version?

For the R6 Pro and N6ii its plug and play.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #7,053 of 13,460
why usb-c I find it increasing seem like getting a device to connect is like lottery
I have 3 cables and not a single one works, why can't they can't by build these to spec I don't understand. Makes me hate USB-C very frustrating experience at least standard USB 2.0 just worked :frowning2:

Hey man, I just did some testing to see if I can see what your issue is, Here is a thing, I have 6 USB C cables of varying quality and all of them work perfectly from a USB C 3.1. however when I use thunderbolt 3 ports it fails.

Im using a DELL XPS 13 to test with. I have also tried the USB C 3.1 and 3.0 ports on my desktop with no issue. One of the cables is the 10cm Amazon basics cable which is the worst quality I have.

I dont have any Apple stuff but could it be an issue with thunderbolt ?

Just tried a dodgy usb 2 to USB C converter cable from Ikea and that works too. I can only get it to fail on thunderbolt 3.

Happy to try stuff out if I can help. I have a lot of IT kit here to play with.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #7,054 of 13,460
You can always use the line in instead of OTG (3.5mm input at the front). I have a feeling the DAC inside the DX220 might be superior to the old micro anyhow and the DX220 can natively decode MQA.
Is it the BL version or older silver version?
For the R6 Pro and N6ii its plug and play.
Yeah, you have the point about DX220 DAC.
I can just save the money, then.

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #7,055 of 13,460
Have you tried a different port and a different computer? I am trying to figure this out. We have multiple computers here and 2 Mac computers (Android File Transfer installed). They work but I admit that USB C cables are more touchy than the USB cable connections that were previously used. Some USB C cables will work great and some seem to have more of a connection problem.
Hi Paul,
Remember, that was my problem as well.
I have MBP touch bar with 4 usb-c ports, my wife was MacBook 12 with single usb-c port, I have for gaming Asus Zephyrus GX501 with single usb-c. I didn’t find combination (cable+laptop) to get them work. Unfortunately :frowning2:

With regular usb-a to usb-c (through hub on MacBooks) works like a charm..

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #7,056 of 13,460
Hey man, I just did some testing to see if I can see what your issue is, Here is a thing, I have 6 USB C cables of varying quality and all of them work perfectly from a USB C 3.1. however when I use thunderbolt 3 ports it fails.

Im using a DELL XPS 13 to test with. I have also tried the USB C 3.1 and 3.0 ports on my desktop with no issue. One of the cables is the 10cm Amazon basics cable which is the worst quality I have.

Just tried a dodgy usb 2 to USB C converter cable from Ikea and that works too. I can only get it to fail on thunderbolt 3.

Good point, I never thought from TB3 perspective. @Paul - iBasso can your team investigate if TB3 specs may make any malfunction?

PS: just checked Asus Zephyrus specs, it’s port also TB3..

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #7,057 of 13,460
I had this issue too.
I had to re-installed dac driver a few times, and finally I got it work somehow.

Here are a few hints that I think could help:

1. turn DX220 to dac mode & connect to laptop
2. install driver
I think this is important.
PC will ask to reboot to complete the installation, then it will say you
need to unplug and reconnect your DX220 to have it work.

Now that I have DAC mode working, I could not figure out
how to connect dx220 as USB storage.
In non-dac mode, my pc complain that the usb device is unknown
(port reset failed)??

Thanks please for MAC no driver necessary
I have tried different ports and I have two MAC books same on both

Jul 27, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #7,058 of 13,460

Good point about thunderbolt when it does connect it's normal (USB-C to usb-B) with a (USB-B to usb-C) in-between . May be I should try a different adaptor.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #7,059 of 13,460
A few more tests later and it looks like I cant drive it from any other device but a PC USBc 3.0/1. Tried three andi phones an AK70 MkII and a fiio X5, but all my PC's with USB C 3.* work no problem. Interestingly though all those devices turn up as storage if you are in DAP mode.
I did the same test with FIIO Q5, Dragonfly red and X5 and they all work as daps off the other devices. evan the thunderbolt 3 ports with a converter.

My takeaway. the DX220 needs a fair bit of power from the USB port and Thunderbolt is not working for me as a USB C port for the DX220.

Jul 27, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #7,060 of 13,460
Please also try short USB C cables. For some reason, they often connect better.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 27, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #7,063 of 13,460
Jul 27, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #7,065 of 13,460
Hi @Paul - iBasso
any bug in the ibasso website for DC01? It says me 999 usd

Tnks
ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back