DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #6,751 of 13,478
giphy.gif
Not sure who is having more fun in there :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:!

Cheers,
Tim

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #6,752 of 13,478
I want to clear up any misconceptions. The DX220 Max is not a replacement for the DX220. The DX220 is a transportable DAC/AMP with a very fine screen. It is larger and heavier than the DX220 so serves a different purpose but like all our products it is being produced to enhance your enjoyment of music.

The following are a few of the features:

1. The frame is stainless.
2. It uses dual ES9028pro chips with extremely high quality components that surround them.
3. It has 5pcs of battery: for the DAC and CPU, the rest 4pcs battery form a high voltage battery pack for analog.
4. the price will be around 2,000USD.

500USD more than Kann Cube. That will be interesting.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #6,753 of 13,478
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #6,755 of 13,478
That's a big difference in size. Not really portable if you ask me. Plus the weight on this thing is going to be quite heavy. Stainless is nice and all for the kitchen, but for electronics I prefer quality aluminum, as it is also a great heat conductor. I'm also a bit disappointed that it will have the exact same ess chip. Ibasso should of went for the top of the line chip because with it being the size it is people will probably have it plugged in and run it as a desktop unit. And at $2000, I think I'll be keeping my dx220ex....................till lol

I just may buy it later on for my desktop rig, as I currently don't have one :)

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #6,756 of 13,478
Hehe.. on the review of the new iBasso DC-01 audio-usb-dongle-type-product by @twister6 somebody commented "I heard some people saying this is better than the M11, what do you think?" :D

Everyone has an opinion. Everyone's opinion is equal. But some are more equal than others :wink:

As long as that opinion is based on what we hear with our own ears, there is no right or wrong answer because that's what you hear. I can only speak about my own personal experiences and since I never heard M11, I didn't answer that question :)

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #6,763 of 13,478
As long as that opinion is based on what we hear with our own ears, there is no right or wrong answer because that's what you hear. I can only speak about my own personal experiences and since I never heard M11, I didn't answer that question :)

I was rather joking with the last point about "some are more equal than others" lol.
But yes, I totally agree with your viewpoint and, possibly more importantly, have respect for even those viewpoints with whom I totally disagree :)

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #6,765 of 13,478
That's a big difference in size. Not really portable if you ask me. Plus the weight on this thing is going to be quite heavy. Stainless is nice and all for the kitchen, but for electronics I prefer quality aluminum, as it is also a great heat conductor. I'm also a bit disappointed that it will have the exact same ess chip. Ibasso should of went for the top of the line chip because with it being the size it is people will probably have it plugged in and run it as a desktop unit. And at $2000, I think I'll be keeping my dx220ex....................till lol

I just may buy it later on for my desktop rig, as I currently don't have one :)

It seems a bit like Hugo and Hugo TT with the former being portable and the later one being transportable. Having better capacitors and batteries made a big difference

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back