DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 20, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #6,706 of 13,478
This look like a full-size version of dx220 and without module for sure

This is exciting! Considering of how good Ibasso is with the Dx220, the amp modules potentials ! I always wanted Ibasso to come out with something to compete with Kann Cubes, and or DMP-Z1 ! Woooo!

If this one has everything DX220 has, but with upgraded internal components to the highest quality such as 0.01% tolerances...etc.....Discrete amp designs! Quick charge ! Most importantly is the ability to take in “External PSU directly” just like DMP-Z1 does ? Omg! I can’t wait to build myself an external PSU for it !

From my experiences with Ibasso engineering and designs, it is geniuses and so damn good! Can’t wait to see what they can do for it to call out a “Max”! Version !

I am drooling !

Regardless of how some of us is feeling that new version is coming too fast! This is not a new version as it is no modular design, and larger size, with DC input option! This is to fill up the market portion of people who is craving after Kann Cube and DMP-Z1 with headphones ! That golden knob! Don’t tell me it is Analog attenuators !
Sell your oversized Sony dap.

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #6,707 of 13,478
To be honest this looks like a totally different product. Changes include a non swappable amp, volume knob location, way bigger, and must I go on. They shouldn't name it dx220max. They need to make a new model number for it. Wondering how much it will cost?? Any guess? I was thinking around $2000.

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #6,712 of 13,478
Interesting for sure. But looks like a very different kind of product. The DX220 is about the upper end of what I want to use portably...

Looks like transportable version of DX220, but without modularity of DX220 standard version.

I hope inside has dual ES9038 Pro with a heat sink installed and 2 Nutubes for 4.4 bal and maybe more...Hence, that is the size of DX220 Max. :wink:

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #6,713 of 13,478
... yep, just to sell it 2 months later for the following DX220max Ti or special platinum edition ? Man we are all like hamsters in a hamster wheel. :D

Heh, last night I published my review of the DX220. By sheer coincidence, it mentions that exact same idea about us being in the hamster wheel.. great minds think alike lol :p

If anyone were in any doubt as to that statement, the fact that I published a review of a new-ish product that's been superseded 12 hours later by the release of a even newer one is surely proof of the crazy world we live in :D

Anyway, for any who might be interested, here is a link to my review of the DX220:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/22378/

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #6,718 of 13,478
Max will be about $1,500.00
Makes no sense as LPGT and N8 are all 3K stuff! I don’t want Ibasso to cheap out now as I believe Ibasso always does their best to keep price/performance ratio. From a modder point of view, Ibasso DX200/220 can be a little more expensive And kills off many competitions, but the fact that they have to cheap out and keep $899 stuff.....is what bring the mess of a situation here

Not to mention Ibasso customer service is better than the other so called high-end ....with expensive pricing

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #6,719 of 13,478
It doesn’t hurt me to keep both, unless my wife is a factor LoL!
The only way your wife won't be a factor is if you don't tell her.

"Babe I just bought this dap for $8000. There will be a new dap for $2000 and I'm planning on getting it too. Besides that I was planning on buying these dap by the end of 2019. What do you think? Cool?"

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #6,720 of 13,478
Mmmm..

When I asked to get the 220 from China (1st week of April) I was asked If I wanted to wait for this at the "End of Summer or early Fall"?
Twister had to have known as well.

I'm clueless, man. Woke up this morning to people asking me what is DX220 Max, and I have no idea what they are talking about.... I guess will be checking this thread throughout a day to see if any more info leaked out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back