DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #6,573 of 13,478
Are you hearing actual difference in sound converting to DSD?
You do realize I started it over here ? And the last thing you realize is that AK SP2000 allows DSD512 ?

So yes, I do hear the differences. But as I said, I already listed out the technical reasons, and what to use. You gotta judge it for yourself

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #6,574 of 13,478
Only way to figure it out is to try it. Whether it improves SQ or not doesn’t really matter. Only thing that does matter is if you think it improves what you are listening too. We all hear things differently. Thus why I enjoy reading other folks impressions.
Maybe I will try it in the future. I have never felt upsampli
Exactly! Always try them out and judge for yourself. If it doesn’t work for you, good that you save some money. If it does then you get to enhance your listening experiences. We all heard things differently. As far as science goes, the improvement is definitely there

Yes, another reason why we love Ibasso and Dx200/220/150 right? Amp modules are swappable
Exactly! Always try them out and judge for yourself. If it doesn’t work for you, good that you save some money. If it does then you get to enhance your listening experiences. We all heard things differently. As far as science goes, the improvement is definitely there

Yes, another reason why we love Ibasso and Dx200/220/150 right? Amp modules are swappable

Can you guide on where to find the science to back up the sound quality improvement? I would like to read it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #6,575 of 13,478
Maybe I will try it in the future. I have never felt upsampli

Can you guide on where to find the science to back up the sound quality improvement? I would like to read it.
I recommend you to listen to it and judge with your ears first. Then find the scientific explanations afterward. If there is no differences, forget it ...LoL

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #6,576 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso , Hey Paul, Quick dumb question (apologise up front if it has already been asked): Is there a difference between the Android app (Mango Player) and the Mango OS sound? I have tried to hear one as people keep mentioning the OS is better. it is difficult to compare as it takes time to switch between them. Or I could just be hearing impaired :).
It is up to your ears. The Pure Mango has nothing working in the background like Android does, and it may enhance the sound because of this. It is all personal preference and we provide the option.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #6,577 of 13,478
It is up to your ears. The Pure Mango has nothing working in the background like Android does, and it may enhance the sound because of this. It is all personal preference and we provide the option.

Thanks Paul, I suspect my ears are not hearing a difference :), but loving the DX220 in both modes anyway. Just wish my AMP9 would hurry up and get here :).

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #6,578 of 13,478
Spend a day with this beauty but got a few questions:

1.) Can the purist rom and the lurker mod but used together? If so which do I see to install first? the rom correct?

2.) How much improvement iS gained from UI and quickness?

3.)Beat Anyone wanna share soe settings they got witb mango os/app using ithe it04s?

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #6,579 of 13,478
Spend a day with this beauty but got a few questions:

1.) Can the purist rom and the lurker mod but used together? If so which do I see to install first? the rom correct?

2.) How much improvement iS gained from UI and quickness?

3.)Beat Anyone wanna share soe settings they got witb mango os/app using ithe it04s?

Please correct if I am wrong that you can only update and install either one but I think I read somewhere said that if you are using the upgrade of Fidelizer’s rom there will be sonically changed (?) although I have tried to upgrade to both I got failed every time.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #6,580 of 13,478
Yes see my post a couple pages back. Full Hardware Decode and Render of MQA upto 352kHz source material via Roon with player in DAC mode.

Hi, just wondering how you are getting on with the dx220 as a Roon endpoint/controller?

I have it running on my dx200 but the screen resolution means the Roon display is just too small to read and navigate. How is it on the dx220?

Also, for some reason, the sq was never as good streaming from Roon as it was playing directly from the dx200. To do with the Android output perhaps? Even 16/44.1 didn’t sound as good. Have you tried this comparison?

P.S. I don’t really want to use it just as a dac connected to computer, which sounds like it works better. Hopefully Roon will soon add support for Android USB dacs....

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #6,581 of 13,478
I really dislike the leather case that came with the DX220. It keeps my sausage fingers from reaching the upper and right parts of the touchscreen. Is there an alternative leather/pleather/other type of case that doesn't have this issue?

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #6,582 of 13,478
I really dislike the leather case that came with the DX220. It keeps my sausage fingers from reaching the upper and right parts of the touchscreen. Is there an alternative leather/pleather/other type of case that doesn't have this issue?

There's a TPU case but I guess it won't help with that issue.
One option is not to use a case at all
Other option is to use Mango OS (former "Mongo" from Flash Gordon as someone pointed) - no swipes from edges, just plain old touches...

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #6,583 of 13,478
They are using solid wires on circuit boards.
On my full size speakers I have compared 800 dollar stranded cables with 12 gauge solid electrical copper wires from Home Depot ($8 for a roll), the Home Depot wires won out.
On iems, I can't really use home depot electrical wires, if I could I would.
The shielding on stranded cables makes a big difference. Should that cable be 2.5 thousand? No, its price gouging, but nonetheless it does make a pretty substantial audible difference.
Neither Kann Cube, sp2000, nor the Gold Touch are using Solid wires

Cube and Gold Touch are using ribbon cables. SP2000 uses snap-in connectors, but unlike the Fiio and Ibasso mechanism, this connectors are thin and small....in the while gaining nothing of such as removable amp modules. Why removable amp modules ? AK isn’t going to develope amp modules at the speed of Ibasso and Fiio, and on top of that, each module is $899 or whatever....not $199...who is going to keep cycling them ? LOL!

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #6,584 of 13,478
There's a TPU case but I guess it won't help with that issue.
One option is not to use a case at all
Other option is to use Mango OS (former "Mongo" from Flash Gordon as someone pointed) - no swipes from edges, just plain old touches...

If only FATBEAR made a case for iBasso DAPs...I love their form-fitting rubber case for the Sony ZW-NX300. Anything form-fitting would work better than the few leather cases available for the DX220. My kingdom for a better case!

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #6,585 of 13,478
Can you just trim the edge of the case? As long as you don’t do the entire edge it probably won’t cause any problems staying on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back