DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #6,557 of 13,478
I tried but I didn’t notice big differences, now I’m with Lurker’s mod and I’m happy, I’m not sure which is better, Fidelizer’s rom or Lurker’s mod. Any thoughts?
Just my 2 cent,
If you use more on Mango OS, none of them will benefit you. (Fidelizer I tried other DX220 which have it).
But if you more on Android Mode, Lurker add on give me UAPP (playstore) and yes, darker background (at UAPP)...
IMHO

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #6,559 of 13,478
I have a good experience with Neutron on Android system but after some test of a couple of hours my DX220 became very very hot, the screen became black (like a screen off), after pressing the power on button nothing happened and I had to force shut down the device with a long press of the power button. At first I was very convinced that Neutron was the best. After that experience I want to give a try at the Mango player in Android and I don't hear appreciable differences between Neutron and Mango (both under Android OS). Then, after reading this thread I decided to give a try to the Mango OS and gentlemen.... Oh my God. Totally huge sounds, especially in the mid section, I hear a fuller and more enjoyable sound. I will never go back.
My screen is mostly of the time off because I start my favorite playlist. This device cannot be a replacement of my Xiaomi Mi 9 smartphone... But it is my audio beast!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,560 of 13,478
Just my 2 cent,
If you use more on Mango OS, none of them will benefit you. (Fidelizer I tried other DX220 which have it).
But if you more on Android Mode, Lurker add on give me UAPP (playstore) and yes, darker background (at UAPP)...
IMHO
The benefits of Fidelizer are only applied to the Android mode? The Mango app on Android mode I know that its optimised as its announced on the release notes but im sad that the Mango OS is not optimised too

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #6,561 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso , Hey Paul, Quick dumb question (apologise up front if it has already been asked): Is there a difference between the Android app (Mango Player) and the Mango OS sound? I have tried to hear one as people keep mentioning the OS is better. it is difficult to compare as it takes time to switch between them. Or I could just be hearing impaired :).

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #6,563 of 13,478
ok so after converting few songs to DSD512 using XiSRC, what can i say, speechless in all possible way! I thought i heard the best with the DAP + AMP8EX using the MQA unfolds, but nope!

Listening to these songs in DSD512 is just something else! Truly Amazed! Just purchased the license to the software and now converting a bunch of nice albums to DSD! This really is something, made my gf listen to few songs, she just sat there and smiled!

One thing i noticed was using UAPP and Mango Player in Android was quite different. The audio quality from the Mango player was truly higher, strange since I am using bit perfect in UAPP and the Native DSD settings using Lurker's recommendation.

Time to invest in some more storage space!!
Lovely! I am glad you are enjoying it. Don’t forget to take dx220 out and put on a cooling surface

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #6,564 of 13,478
ok so after converting few songs to DSD512 using XiSRC, what can i say, speechless in all possible way! I thought i heard the best with the DAP + AMP8EX using the MQA unfolds, but nope!

Listening to these songs in DSD512 is just something else! Truly Amazed! Just purchased the license to the software and now converting a bunch of nice albums to DSD! This really is something, made my gf listen to few songs, she just sat there and smiled!

One thing i noticed was using UAPP and Mango Player in Android was quite different. The audio quality from the Mango player was truly higher, strange since I am using bit perfect in UAPP and the Native DSD settings using Lurker's recommendation.

Time to invest in some more storage space!!

XiSRC by default, at least when I just tried it, seems to output DSF files that are a quite a bit "Louder" than the FLAC input files. If I attempt as best as possible to volume match the levels of the FLAC to DSF there appears, at least to my ears be little or no difference.

Conclusions: We all know that louder sounds better but if you like the results then its all good.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #6,565 of 13,478
XiSRC by default, at least when I just tried it, seems to output DSF files that are a quite a bit "Louder" than the FLAC input files. If I attempt as best as possible to volume match the levels of the FLAC to DSF there appears, at least to my ears be little or no difference.

Conclusions: We all know that louder sounds better but if you like the results then its all good.

That's quite interesting actually. But i do hear quite a bit of details that in the original files is not that clear even if I am bumping the volume level. I'll experiment more.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #6,566 of 13,478

This has always been my question since a few members have stated it improves sq. I myself have always been a little doubtful it does anything but make the music files bigger.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #6,567 of 13,478
This has always been my question since a few members have stated it improves sq. I myself have always been a little doubtful it does anything but make the music files bigger.

Only way to figure it out is to try it. Whether it improves SQ or not doesn’t really matter. Only thing that does matter is if you think it improves what you are listening too. We all hear things differently. Thus why I enjoy reading other folks impressions.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #6,568 of 13,478
DSD file vs Flac...
IMHO, Separation... based on my exp, it can distinguish Bass from Drum and Guitar much better... due to exact decay...
When the music genre is intrument, classic, or Orchestra, DSD will have benefit.
Beside that, I found disco, pop beat will be sound the same as 24 bit flac. IMHO.
just my 3 cent...

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #6,569 of 13,478
The benefits of Fidelizer are only applied to the Android mode? The Mango app on Android mode I know that its optimised as its announced on the release notes but im sad that the Mango OS is not optimised too
I never mention SQ improvements because DX220 alrd good SQ either in Mango OS or Mango Andro... even swapping AMP from AMp1Mk2 or AMp8... it is just matter of ur preferable Sound Sig.
using Lurker add on, to get UAPP and make the apps make sure to bypass Android Driver in Android mode, so u can exp like Mango OS (at least that's what I felt).

if I must choose one, I choose mango OS... I prefer the dynamic in low volume, since on Mango OS, I just need Volume 9 of 100, to get the dynamic. Again this is my preference... based on my current gear combo...

Now, I stick with UAPP until iBasso can update the nightmare search UI better in Mango OS

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #6,570 of 13,478
Only way to figure it out is to try it. Whether it improves SQ or not doesn’t really matter. Only thing that does matter is if you think it improves what you are listening too. We all hear things differently. Thus why I enjoy reading other folks impressions.
Exactly! Always try them out and judge for yourself. If it doesn’t work for you, good that you save some money. If it does then you get to enhance your listening experiences. We all heard things differently. As far as science goes, the improvement is definitely there

I never mention SQ improvements because DX220 alrd good SQ either in Mango OS or Mango Andro... even swapping AMP from AMp1Mk2 or AMp8... it is just matter of ur preferable Sound Sig.
using Lurker add on, to get UAPP and make the apps make sure to bypass Android Driver in Android mode, so u can exp like Mango OS (at least that's what I felt).

if I must choose one, I choose mango OS... I prefer the dynamic in low volume, since on Mango OS, I just need Volume 9 of 100, to get the dynamic. Again this is my preference... based on my current gear combo...

Now, I stick with UAPP until iBasso can update the nightmare search UI better in Mango OS

Yes, another reason why we love Ibasso and Dx200/220/150 right? Amp modules are swappable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back