DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #106 of 13,478
You already answered 1 part of those reasons. Majority of those albums are simply PCM to DSD but done by the studio and deemed worthy by the studio.

Another reason is that the current DAC Sigma-Delta Chips are capable of upto 256x Over Sampling In conversion. DSD512 is Oversampling of 512X which is Twice as much than any desktop DAC-IC can do at the moment. But that is technically speaking. Sound performances, you will have to listen to it yourself.

One of the reason why many companies do not want DSD512 on Portable player is due to how much power it consumes and heat dissipation problems. It also needs very beefy clocking systems too. The DMP-Z1 from Sony will not enable this function either

Sorry but that's total BS .

You can't recreate / retrieve data that never existed.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #107 of 13,478
Sorry but that's total BS .

You can't recreate / retrieve data that never existed.
It has never been about data that never existed. It is about Data that never got extracted. Are you sure that you extracted everything ?

Also, as PCM go, you can ad and subtract info. Do you ever EQ your music ? PCM is the only way to edit digital music

If you have time, you should read more into how digital music works, what is digital to analog conversion, what is Upsampling and what is over Sampling before running it off like that. Just my 2 cents

This is a good book to have
905B385F-FEE3-4FC3-B11F-F4E82621C304.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #108 of 13,478
Higher Dynamic range upto 135Db where as Q2M is only upto 129Db.

9038Pro even if using Single Chip can only obtain 137Db of dynamic range, where as ES9028Pro mono can only attain 135Db. However 9038Pro in Dual configuration can attain upto 140Db, the industry highest Dynamic range.

Ak4499EQ is coming 2 years later, which is out by May this year, and will be able to do similar
is it worth it to expend that much energy in a mobile device to gain db beyond something like 120db? After that point it really seems like gains are academic as far as Dynamic range goes, but come at a relatively high energy cost....

I appreciate pushing the limits, but I have doubt differences in that range are truly audible in a real way. The best I can see is incrementally expanded staging.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #109 of 13,478
is it worth it to expend that much energy in a mobile device to gain db beyond something like 120db? After that point it really seems like gains are academic as far as Dynamic range goes, but come at a relatively high energy cost....

I appreciate pushing the limits, but I have doubt differences in that range are truly audible in a real way. The best I can see is incrementally expanded staging.
That is when you need your ears to tell the story :wink:

I like both technologies, Oversampling and non Oversampling. When done right, they are enjoyable in their own right.

DX200 is very enjoyable to me in DSD512 featuring

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #110 of 13,478
Feb 2, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #111 of 13,478
Ran across some information I have not seen shared previously this morning - not sure how accurate it might be but thought you all might enjoy something new to digest while we wait for iBasso to enlighten us all:

https://translate.google.com/transl...8-ibasso-dx220-ju%C5%BC-niebawem/&prev=search

Fits in with some of the discussion and speculation we have going here plus a new image showing the volume wheel and buttons I had not previously seen!

Enjoy,
Tim

Feb 2, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #112 of 13,478
I don’t know where or who was saying that ES9038Pro consumes just as much as 9028Pro. The 9038Pro consumes almost twice as much as 9028Pro, and it depends on other factors but the consumption of 9038Pro is 2X or more

Using 1 ES9038Pro would be possible, but I see that they are sticking to Dual 9028Pro

Here is some hardcore DIY blog who is also playing around with 9038Pro, and what he found out. I think there are some errors in his listing as in the picture. But I am sure 9038Pro draws 100+mA as I have it on LKS004 DAC
93784161-7190-447C-A535-7955C233A5E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #116 of 13,478
In my searches earlier this morning someone had posted elsewhere a May release date supposedly obtained from a reliable source. I place no more credibility on that date than any other information we are sharing here...

However, we might see a DX220 date before HiBy provide a R6 Pro release date - even though the local version is already out in the wild and in several folks hands.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #117 of 13,478
Ran across some information I have not seen shared previously this morning - not sure how accurate it might be but thought you all might enjoy something new to digest while we wait for iBasso to enlighten us all:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=https://forum.mp3store.pl/topic/157688-ibasso-dx220-ju%C5%BC-niebawem/&prev=search

Fits in with some of the discussion and speculation we have going here plus a new image showing the volume wheel and buttons I had not previously seen!

Enjoy,
Tim
CobraMan thanks for finding this link with additional info. Originally we only saw the screen and the Bluetooth 5.0 highlight. I am really stoked that the DX220 is going to have an 8 core cpu with 4GB RAM. This should make the UI very snappy! Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that the cpu will need to be a Snapdragon to support Bluetooth 5.0. That's good news as they should have a superior chipset to what they have currently in the DX200/150.

The $899 price tag very attractive!! It is going to be hard to wait until May now that the R6 Pro is about to be released. I'll have to limp along with my Hiby R3 until then.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #118 of 13,478
You are very welcome! If the information proves to be accurate it is shaping up to be a very nice device indeed. I am stoked we have all these great DAP's coming to the market - nice to see companies taking an interest and catering to something we all enjoy so dearly - MUSIC!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #119 of 13,478
Probably Snapdragon 425 which should be a big improvement. 625 would be even for battery life. Me and my credit card are very ready :)

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #120 of 13,478
CobraMan thanks for finding this link with additional info. Originally we only saw the screen and the Bluetooth 5.0 highlight. I am really stoked that the DX220 is going to have an 8 core cpu with 4GB RAM. This should make the UI very snappy! Someone mentioned in an earlier thread that the cpu will need to be a Snapdragon to support Bluetooth 5.0. That's good news as they should have a superior chipset to what they have currently in the DX200/150.

The $899 price tag very attractive!! It is going to be hard to wait until May now that the R6 Pro is about to be released. I'll have to limp along with my Hiby R3 until then.
Probably Snapdragon 425 which should be a big improvement. 625 would be even for battery life. Me and my credit card are very ready :)

If this is true, I will order on day one!!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back