DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 7, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #10,831 of 13,478
Well, there is a bit different, but consider neglectable for Unit... and still the same sound Sig... except change AMP etc.. IMO...

edit, yes, there's a noticeable sound sig between MANGO OS and Android OS...
The positive things, you have 2 different sound sig in one DAP....

To be more clear, are there sound variance between the different DX220 units you've heard ?

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #10,834 of 13,478
I gotta thanks fokta for introducing the UAPP as it revives my amp8fex making it sounds really good.
But one thing I noticed is that I hear a "pop" when the song's skipped or move to next songs on
fidelizer modified dx220. Not sure if this was the case for stock dx220...have any UAPP user noticed this?
This only happens every so often, but not all the time.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #10,836 of 13,478
I gotta thanks fokta for introducing the UAPP as it revives my amp8fex making it sounds really good.
But one thing I noticed is that I hear a "pop" when the song's skipped or move to next songs on
fidelizer modified dx220. Not sure if this was the case for stock dx220...have any UAPP user noticed this?
This only happens every so often, but not all the time.
if we are talking the same POP. it appears when you are changing song from Flac 16 to DSD, or 16 bit to 32 bit... CMIIW...
if like that, then consider is normal (or not? been exp since beginning)... it was like something inside is switched. And what I exp usually only on IEM.. Headphone you wont hear this...

Well Glad you like it...
I love UAPP because it does reduce Hiss, and it worked on my Galaxy Note 8 with Solaris...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #10,837 of 13,478
if we are talking the same POP. it appears when you are changing song from Flac 16 to DSD, or 16 bit to 32 bit... CMIIW...
if like that, then consider is normal... it was like something inside is switched. And what I exp usually only on IEM.. Headphone you wont hear this...

Well Glad you like it...
I love UAPP because it does reduce Hiss, and it worked on my Galaxy Note 8 with Solaris...

I guess you are right this is happening when the bit rate changes. This wasn't the issue using Neutron but UAPP is having the issue. :frowning2:
UAPP goes quite well with AMP8 as the sounds become leaner but for amp9 I still prefer Neutron, not to mention the 'pop' .

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #10,842 of 13,478
man the difference between mango os player and tidal playing same album same remaster is really big

i have no complain whatsoever using dx220 ,using its mango os player, but we really need a solution with streaming. well i tried something downloaded an album from tidal using some software ( dont ask me how :) , and then put that album on my sd card, and one time played it through tidal streaming, and one time through uapp tidal and then through mango os, man the mango os playback difference is so much better

why is the difference so big, when its been mentioned that tidal on dx by passes android limitation , what is causing the difference in sound quality and how to solve it, is that what what fidelizer rom can solve via advanced rom

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #10,843 of 13,478
man the difference between mango os player and tidal playing same album same remaster is really big

i have no complain whatsoever using dx220 ,using its mango os player, but we really need a solution with streaming. well i tried something downloaded an album from tidal using some software ( dont ask me how :) , and then put that album on my sd card, and one time played it through tidal streaming, and one time through uapp tidal and then through mango os, man the mango os playback difference is so much better

why is the difference so big, when its been mentioned that tidal on dx by passes android limitation , what is causing the difference in sound quality and how to solve it, is that what what fidelizer rom can solve via advanced rom

For me it's the opposite. Anything from Android (Mango Player, UAPP, TIDAL ) sounds better than Mango OS. Mango OS sounds overly sibilant and almost unlistenable. I don't know why.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #10,844 of 13,478
For me it's the opposite. Anything from Android (Mango Player, UAPP, TIDAL ) sounds better than Mango OS. Mango OS sounds overly sibilant and almost unlistenable. I don't know why.
the dynamic range is better and headroom is way better on mango os, maybe ur iems do not go well with added details

tidal streaming to me sounds congested compressed and lacking in comparison by a big margin compared to mango os

something definitely is not right with streaming playback via android

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back