DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 18, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #10,291 of 13,460
Sounding fantastic in Mango as usual. Yes, it seems more airy but with a sweet balance all across the FR
I guess my IEMS will love it, for later...

Is my brain playing tricks or in Mango, the scroll bars are +1mm far from the edge? It seems easier to scroll with the stock case.
Very pleased with DX229

Jan 18, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #10,292 of 13,460
DX220 firmware Android8.1 official version V1.16.242 update:

Android:
1. Fixed the problem that the parameter EQ does not take effect after the song is cut; fixed the bug that the volume is too low when the graphic EQ is turned on.
2. Fixed the problem that the volume of Bluetooth connected AirPods is abnormal;
3. Fix the problem that some PD chargers cannot charge fast.

Mango:
1. Fix the problem that the AMP9 output setting status cannot be saved;
2. Fixed the problem of abnormal wallpaper display after OTA upgrade;
3. Fix the problem that some songs of M3U file cannot be imported.

https://ibasso.cn/portfolio/dx220gjandroid8-1v1-1-16-242

Faster download link
https://we.tl/t-PIM2gy32BP

DX220-2020.01.18-1.16.242.zip
824 MB
Interesting...

Here is the FW 1.16.242 Readme.txt (in the firmware folder) list of changes which shows an attempt to fix the playlist problem as well:

"1. Rectified the bug that when playing 24bit music when turning on the PEQ, and changing to the next song, the PEQ goes back to the default settings. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that when using with some Bluetooth devices, the volume is not high enough. (Android OS)
3. Improved support for PD charging. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that AMP9 high output selection can't be saved. (Mango OS)
5. Improved the compatibility of the playlist between two systems.
6. Improved the M3U support. (Mango OS)
7. Graphic EQ drop changed from 12dB to 6dB."

Number 5 seems to be a newly added update. Crossing my fingers for improvement number 5!
Actually, there seem to be a couple of differences between 1.16.241 and .242!

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #10,293 of 13,460
Interesting...
Here is the FW 1.16.242 Readme.txt list of changes which shows an attempt to fix the playlist problem as well:

"1. Rectified the bug that when playing 24bit music when turning on the PEQ, and changing to the next song, the PEQ goes back to the default settings. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that when using with some Bluetooth devices, the volume is not high enough. (Android OS)
3. Improved support for PD charging. (Android OS)
4. Rectified the bug that AMP9 high output selection can't be saved. (Mango OS)
5. Improved the compatibility of the playlist between two systems.
6. Improved the M3U support. (Mango OS)
7. Graphic EQ drop changed from 12dB to 6dB."

Number 5 seems to be a newly added update. Crossing my fingers for improvement number 5!
Actually, there seem to be a couple of differences between 1.16.241 and .242!

-HK sends
Thank you for this!!!

Looks like I will give this FW a go given number 6 specifically (I always use EQ).

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #10,294 of 13,460
Hmmm, downloaded FW from Ibasso website for local update, when I try to run the install it says "Verifying failed, please check your package".
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #10,295 of 13,460
Hey everyone! Exporting and copying playlists between Mango Player (Android) and Mango OS IS possible now! I'm still trying to work out the easiest procedure but it's a matter of the exporting in either player, copying them to a PC or MAC, renaming the playlist as desired, copying it back to the Player, then importing the playlist via the "directory" section of either player. I'm still trying to work out the details to list here, but I successfully imported a playlist into Mango OS that kept it's name (and not the default number)!!

Hopefully, more to follow (or I'll just give up and go listen to music :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:)...

-HK sends

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #10,296 of 13,460
Hmmm, downloaded FW from Ibasso website for local update, when I try to run the install it says "Verifying failed, please check your package".
Any ideas?
The FW zip file is contained within the iBasso zipped file. Unzip it to a folder and inside you should find the actual zipped firmware file and a readme.txt file. That's the one you use (it should say "DX220-ota-full-1.16.242.zip")

Hope that helps!

-HK sends

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #10,297 of 13,460
The FW zip file is contained within the iBasso zipped file. Unzip it to a folder and inside you should find the actual zipped firmware file and a readme.txt file. That's the one you use (it should say "DX220-ota-full-1.16.242.zip")

Hope that helps!

-HK sends

Well now I feel sufficiently stupid :eyes: thanks for the quick help! Updating as we speak.

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #10,299 of 13,460
Both my Mango Players Playlists are named and imported to their successive directories. YAY!
It's a bit of a clunky procedure...

Exported playlists are located in the DX220's internal drive; ibasso folder\mangoPlayer\playlist\mango folder. I copied the exported playlists to my PC desktop; renamed the file; copied it back to the mango folder; then went into each Mango players directory and located the above folder. Then I tapped the playlist filename and it gave me the option to import playlist. Once I did, the playlist showed up in the playlist section. Since I renamed the file (Mango OS Player shows the named playlist. I just got rid of the generic numbered playlists. Whew!!

Hope this helps...

-HK sends

Jan 18, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #10,302 of 13,460
Trying to use my dx220 as a USB dac from my laptop. Anyone having issues with the output constantly switching from onboard sound to dx220 by itself? Switches back and forth constantly. If I disable the onboard sound, music plays and stutters and I get the message that the output device has been disconnected, then it reconnects and plays and the loop continues.

thanks for all the help, guys. used another USB cable into another USB port from my laptop and all issues solved! much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back