DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 14, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #10,159 of 13,478
Does anyone ever find that the dx220 turns off suddenly while listening?

Happened to me just a couple of days ago. I restarted and everything was fine.

Honestly, I see the whole platform as a giant work in progress. And I mean all modern devices are, but I encounter minor and somewhat major issues with the dx220 pretty regularly. I like the team, and I especially like the sound, so I do my best to ignore the bugs and assume someone is working on them.

I’ve got a technical and engineering background, so I also have some compassion for the complexities and issues iBasso is trying to solve across hardware, OS, and individual software elements. But yeah, lots of problems and missed opportunities, unfortunately.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #10,160 of 13,478
Again, is there a solution to disable to massive valume drop when turning the EQ on?

They coded the software to reduce the volume by i.e. 10 dB when turning the EQ on. It should be possible to change that dB value to "0" or delete that code line. I guess.

Jan 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #10,162 of 13,478
Again, is there a solution to disable to massive valume drop when turning the EQ on?

They coded the software to reduce the volume by i.e. 10 dB when turning the EQ on. It should be possible to change that dB value to "0" or delete that code line. I guess.
I apologize for this. It will be corrected in the next firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #10,163 of 13,478
Happened to me just a couple of days ago. I restarted and everything was fine.

Honestly, I see the whole platform as a giant work in progress. And I mean all modern devices are, but I encounter minor and somewhat major issues with the dx220 pretty regularly. I like the team, and I especially like the sound, so I do my best to ignore the bugs and assume someone is working on them.

I’ve got a technical and engineering background, so I also have some compassion for the complexities and issues iBasso is trying to solve across hardware, OS, and individual software elements. But yeah, lots of problems and missed opportunities, unfortunately.
for bugs there is no problem, I am only afraid that the dx220 should go to assistance, but if I read that it happens to others I am more relaxed. thank you.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #10,166 of 13,478
I never thought of that before, what a genius idea! However,

- PEQ is not avaible in Mango OS
- Volume still drops when turning on the PEQ, I guess half of the reduction
- An user can often need Graphic EQ

I see, I think with Chinese New Year coming and new products are being planned. It will be a little bit of time. But Paul already confirmed that the next firmware will address this issues.

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #10,168 of 13,478
I never thought of that before, what a genius idea! However,

- PEQ is not avaible in Mango OS
- Volume still drops when turning on the PEQ, I guess half of the reduction
- An user can often need Graphic EQ
You could also revert to an older FW, like 1.13.202, which is what I did until iBasso corrects the issue. Check my prior posts on the process I went through to revert back - it is a bit time consuming but worth it if you use EQ in Mango mode.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 14, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #10,169 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back