DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 23, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #6,919 of 13,478
Yeah, Dignis is good but pricy too.
Pricy but then, IMO, so much better than the rest and I used to do this professionally, making fine leather pieces for even high end shops in NYC. I am glad to pay some more for an excellent case vs one that is ok and does the job but doesn't have the total feel of quality. Especially when it comes to something as fine as the DX220, of which I have now been able to compare to most everything on the market and am glad I have it.

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6,921 of 13,478
Pricy but then, IMO, so much better than the rest and I used to do this professionally, making fine leather pieces for even high end shops in NYC. I am glad to pay some more for an excellent case vs one that is ok and does the job but doesn't have the total feel of quality. Especially when it comes to something as fine as the DX220, of which I have now been able to compare to most everything on the market and am glad I have it.
Agree, last I tried to order from Dignis web site, I gave up for the international shipping cost.
Hopefully, they have US dealer.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #6,923 of 13,478
Looks like not until September for the Dignis case. :^(. lol Well, at least they are making one.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #6,925 of 13,478
Only gripe I have on Mitter is that button and top part are not perfectly aligned with the device. :triportsad:
Other than that it's a nice looking, slim case.

Attachments

• 20190723_174049.jpg
    20190723_174049.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190723_173928.jpg
    20190723_173928.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #6,926 of 13,478
To me, Amp 9 not really warm, just opening up the music in a natural way.

I dislike the term ‘more analogue’ because I still love my Roksan turntable which is punchy, crisp and organic, not warm that many associate with analogue. But..... Amp9 definitely will appeal to those who have very good turntables and like a fluent natural sound.

Hmm.. getting more interesting...

Details is superior than AMP Stock I would say and yes MID is still detail and layered.
For the sound signature, I can't really comment on that as I'm still beginner:smile_phones:
how to differentiate cold or warm ? :disappointed:

Oh ya, I highly recommend you to try the AMP9 as I remembered that you like the microdetail of the sound.

will do... just keep listening, and also try, be open mind, open for input. And don't be afraid to express or do impression. hahaha.. old guys speak old sh#t.

CMIIW, Warm, is more emphasize on Low (bass), with decent of Mid (vocal), and sometimes a bit spark of High (Treble).
The more detail the rumble (sub Bass), some time it sacrifices Micro detail from High (treble).

Cold / Bright , is the other way around of Warm. which more emphasize on Mid and High.
Large sound stage, micro detail, I find correlate to Hi Mid and High (treble).
Why Solaris sounds so wide and tall in sound stage, because the spark (high/treble)...
IMHO...

https://www.headphonezone.in/blogs/audiophile-guide/sound-signatures-explained
simple reading...

20190724_082032.jpg

Already got the gear to listen AMP9...
Still looking AMP9 stock to demo...

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #6,927 of 13,478
@Carlsan said there is a hiss with the Solaris on amp9. Might wanna talk to him first before jumping in

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #6,928 of 13,478
Sounds like the DX220 is quite the complete package. It must be very impressive. hard to believe the wonderful state of the hobby where these small footprint, portable devices are absolutely capable of competing with full-sized, well designed systems. I look forward to getting a chance one day to hear this DAP, hopefully, but if not I am enjoying following the thread and living vicariously through everybody here.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #6,929 of 13,478
@Carlsan said there is a hiss with the Solaris on amp9. Might wanna talk to him first before jumping in.
Yes, I alrd ready aware of his impressions...
TQ for the heads up...
yet, I am looking for user here that have it...
The only demo availble is already Mod...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back