DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 14, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #6,392 of 13,478
Doesn't just works a treat, it looks like a treat :D Yeah, these hybrid eartips are sold on-line. I assume you saw it at Portafest cause japanese distributors carrying it now?

Yeah. They just started showing up a few months ago. The same distributor as does iBasso i am presuming. They seem to be working hard.

Lol, so the tips is peeled like orange peel , that literally make it peeled tips ? Interesting. Those tips can make a fortune

Original ones (theres a thread somewhere) were just foam ear protectors cut and hole punched!

Lol

Then they advanced to the silicone and foam version which we have now. S,M,L

A variety of bore sizes etc

And the Peel is without the foam inside. Symbio Mandarine Peel.

Only ones that worked for me with CA Dorado (silicone/foam)and recently Solaris (peel)
http://symbioeartips.com/
@icefalkon

781DD53E-E431-43AB-827E-EAF731A63276.jpeg

With/without foam

917EF4AD-FD25-4D58-A948-6ACF45BB805E.jpeg

Tips of choice for me are:
JVC Spiral Dots
JVC Spiral Dots ++
Symbio
Acoustune
Ortofon
Final Audio (rarely)
Foam (rarely)
BBBA626E-70DE-4795-9C01-B7D2B0D5461D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5DA5A497-33C3-4877-93F6-4BD393BACE0D.jpeg
    5DA5A497-33C3-4877-93F6-4BD393BACE0D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 14, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #6,395 of 13,478
Is there a way to prevent Neutron player from keeping the screen on? Having the Neutron player without music playing it keeps the screen on forever.
I played around with the sleep timer but never seems to work. No other apps behave. This bug sucks and I cannot use the app like this.

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #6,396 of 13,478
Is there a way to prevent Neutron player from keeping the screen on? Having the Neutron player without music playing it keeps the screen on forever.
I played around with the sleep timer but never seems to work. No other apps behave. This bug sucks and I cannot use the app like this.

Screenshot_20190715-072938_Neutron.jpg

Jul 14, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #6,397 of 13,478
Seems that most of the people who have issues with DC01 and S9/S10 have phones with Exynos processor and corresponding chipset. Otherwise, if your S9/S10 uses Snapdragon processor, there are no issues. If I'm not mistaken, all US Galaxy phones, at least on Verizon, use Snapdragon. I'm using Verizon S9 w/DC01 without a problem.

I'm still having issues with my Snapdragon S9+ working with the DC01. All US models use Snapdragon. Mine is through T Mobile, but that shouldn't matter.

I may have gotten a bad DC01 unit, it will only connect and light up if the cable is straight. Even then, it still doesn't work at all. Messed with some settings, removed certain apps that might have interfered, still no luck

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #6,399 of 13,478
I'm still having issues with my Snapdragon S9+ working with the DC01. All US models use Snapdragon. Mine is through T Mobile, but that shouldn't matter.

I may have gotten a bad DC01 unit, it will only connect and light up if the cable is straight. Even then, it still doesn't work at all. Messed with some settings, removed certain apps that might have interfered, still no luck

Did you install UAC app? Does it recognize DC01 when you connect it? How about your laptop/PC/iMAC, does it see DC01 when you connect it with usb-A adapter?

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #6,400 of 13,478
The explanation for 3.5mm Pro is only available in Simplified Chinese, so you won't find much information in English. But here are the pictures from the inital announcement:

Showing the extended red plastic ring of the plug that is 5mm in diamter and 3.5mm long to go into the recessed socket.

A very dishonest picture showing the supposed size advantage over 4.4mm socket.
Anyway whom has seen an actual 4.4mm socket should know the most outside protection ring is NOT part of the 4.4mm socket standard and is not a requirement. The size advantage is actually almost non-existent.

An actual 3.5mm Pro socket. Very cheap looking and doesn't hold a candle to the two contact point per pin of a proper 4.4mm Pentaconn, it's really all about reusing existing 3.5mm TRRS tooling and keeping cost down, rather than because it is actually good for the end user or getting further improvements.

The 3.5mm Pro standard is useless as it is not really much better than the already more provalent 2.5mm balance standard and is technically inferior to the better designed 4.4mm standard, it just further fractures the balance connection standard. Stay away from it I say and don't give it any more market exposure.
Thanks for the info .It's interesting because 3.5 pro is available from plussound and effect audio thought it might be useful because you wouldn't need an adapter .

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #6,401 of 13,478
Seems that most of the people who have issues with DC01 and S9/S10 have phones with Exynos processor and corresponding chipset. Otherwise, if your S9/S10 uses Snapdragon processor, there are no issues. If I'm not mistaken, all US Galaxy phones, at least on Verizon, use Snapdragon. I'm using Verizon S9 w/DC01 without a problem.

Did you install UAC app? Does it recognize DC01 when you connect it? How about your laptop/PC/iMAC, does it see DC01 when you connect it with usb-A adapter?

I tried DC01 with Note 8 Enyxos last Friday, works good and fine...

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #6,402 of 13,478
I think the whole 3.5mm pro is just another way to try to stand out from the rest of the pack. I don’t see it as being anything more than a fad. Ha but look how fads influence our hobby here lol.

Jul 14, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #6,403 of 13,478
I think the whole 3.5mm pro is just another way to try to stand out from the rest of the pack. I don’t see it as being anything more than a fad. Ha but look how fads influence our hobby here lol.

It's obviously because the Chinese OEMs wants to set their own terms, as the 2.5mm is AK's (Korean) standard and 4.4mm is Japanese, they never got to set the rules and thus cannot control pricing and supply which everyone knows affects the bottom line, and now they all band together and is trying to use their numbers to force a new standard adoption. But in the end it just smells "control" and "ego" to me, without actually offering any major benefits to the customers.

Competition is only good up to a certain point and for certain things - at other times customers benefit more from a single widely used standard. We are way past the point in audio equipment where we should have a common balance connection standard that is both user friendly and is actually technically superior, not more fragmentation, and the 4.4mm is clearly the way to go IMO because it is clearly well thought out for both portable and stationary use. And this is why I think the 3.5mm Pro is causing more issue than it is to solve.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #6,404 of 13,478
It's obviously because the Chinese OEMs wants to set their own terms, as the 2.5mm is AK's (Korean) standard and 4.4mm is Japanese, they never got to set the rules and thus cannot control pricing and supply which everyone knows affects the bottom line, and now they all band together and is trying to use their numbers to force a new standard adoption. But in the end it just smells "control" and "ego" to me, without actually offering any major benefits to the customers.

Competition is only good up to a certain point and for certain things - at other times customers benefit more from a single widely used standard. We are way past the point in audio equipment where we should have a common balance connection standard that is both user friendly and is actually technically superior, not more fragmentation, and the 4.4mm is clearly the way to go IMO because it is clearly well thought out for both portable and stationary use. And this is why I think the 3.5mm Pro is causing more issue than it is to solve.
Agree , now if Sony can make a better sounding dap. I had all Sonys top daps and all were great except its sound.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #6,405 of 13,478
Agree , now if Sony can make a better sounding dap. I had all Sonys top daps and all were great except its sound.
OUCH.....

BTW,
Just to clarify regarding Battery on DX220, this model is using socket...

first of all, it's a matter of accents for me. AMP1-2 is more focused on microdetalisation, while AMP9 isn't. it's also detailed of course, but it doesn't try to highlight that aspect of the presentation

as a side note, I don't quite understand, why everyone cares so much about the detalisation. of course, it has to be good, but almost all modern DAPs are more or less in this aspect, but I'd happily trade a bit of microdetalisation for better treble layering or proper weight on mids. IMHO of curse
Great Review...
Well, this means each person have preferable cup of tea, right ?
For me, AMP1Mk2 is the best combo for my gear setting... I loved that Micro Detail... reminds me of LPGT.... And the Mid I exp are the same level...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back