1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.15.233 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    We all hear different things, given the same systems and the same file. Try that Laurel and Yanny clip, you will see evidence of that LOL

2. ExpatinJapan
    Yeah. They just started showing up a few months ago. The same distributor as does iBasso i am presuming. They seem to be working hard.

Original ones (theres a thread somewhere) were just foam ear protectors cut and hole punched!

Lol

Then they advanced to the silicone and foam version which we have now. S,M,L

A variety of bore sizes etc

And the Peel is without the foam inside. Symbio Mandarine Peel.

Only ones that worked for me with CA Dorado (silicone/foam)and recently Solaris (peel)
    http://symbioeartips.com/
    @icefalkon

781DD53E-E431-43AB-827E-EAF731A63276.jpeg

With/without foam

917EF4AD-FD25-4D58-A948-6ACF45BB805E.jpeg

Tips of choice for me are:
    JVC Spiral Dots
    JVC Spiral Dots ++
    Symbio
    Acoustune
    Ortofon
    Final Audio (rarely)
    Foam (rarely)
    BBBA626E-70DE-4795-9C01-B7D2B0D5461D.jpeg

3. RipVanWinkle1989
    ExpatinJapan likes this.
  4. Whitigir
    Here is a tip for you! The Mandarin Peel isn’t an orange, it is a Tips!
    :wink:
    @ExpatinJapan

DaYooper and ExpatinJapan like this.
  5. dhc0329
    Is there a way to prevent Neutron player from keeping the screen on? Having the Neutron player without music playing it keeps the screen on forever.
    I played around with the sleep timer but never seems to work. No other apps behave. This bug sucks and I cannot use the app like this.

quantumrush likes this.
  6. artpiggo
    Screenshot_20190715-072938_Neutron.jpg

7. ngd3
    I'm still having issues with my Snapdragon S9+ working with the DC01. All US models use Snapdragon. Mine is through T Mobile, but that shouldn't matter.

I may have gotten a bad DC01 unit, it will only connect and light up if the cable is straight. Even then, it still doesn't work at all. Messed with some settings, removed certain apps that might have interfered, still no luck

8. dhc0329
    Yes, this helped! Appreciated very much..

quantumrush likes this.
  9. twister6 Contributor
    Did you install UAC app? Does it recognize DC01 when you connect it? How about your laptop/PC/iMAC, does it see DC01 when you connect it with usb-A adapter?

10. Doctortre2481
    Thanks for the info .It's interesting because 3.5 pro is available from plussound and effect audio thought it might be useful because you wouldn't need an adapter .

11. fokta
    I tried DC01 with Note 8 Enyxos last Friday, works good and fine...

12. icefalkon
    I think the whole 3.5mm pro is just another way to try to stand out from the rest of the pack. I don’t see it as being anything more than a fad. Ha but look how fads influence our hobby here lol.

Doctortre2481 likes this.
  13. nanaholic
    It's obviously because the Chinese OEMs wants to set their own terms, as the 2.5mm is AK's (Korean) standard and 4.4mm is Japanese, they never got to set the rules and thus cannot control pricing and supply which everyone knows affects the bottom line, and now they all band together and is trying to use their numbers to force a new standard adoption. But in the end it just smells "control" and "ego" to me, without actually offering any major benefits to the customers.

Competition is only good up to a certain point and for certain things - at other times customers benefit more from a single widely used standard. We are way past the point in audio equipment where we should have a common balance connection standard that is both user friendly and is actually technically superior, not more fragmentation, and the 4.4mm is clearly the way to go IMO because it is clearly well thought out for both portable and stationary use. And this is why I think the 3.5mm Pro is causing more issue than it is to solve.

14. jmills8
    Agree , now if Sony can make a better sounding dap. I had all Sonys top daps and all were great except its sound.

15. fokta
    OUCH.....

BTW,
    Just to clarify regarding Battery on DX220, this model is using socket...

Great Review...
    Well, this means each person have preferable cup of tea, right ?
    For me, AMP1Mk2 is the best combo for my gear setting... I loved that Micro Detail... reminds me of LPGT.... And the Mid I exp are the same level...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    cycheang likes this.
First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437
Next

Last