DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #6,256 of 13,478
Same here! It is the best to it performances. I don’t use streaming and so on, so that explains it.

Same here. All the Reviewers we know said its Neutral, i myself validate that, Mango's Superbly Neutral. & also, i'm just a DAP guy. as a bonus, i noticed the batt. life improved, a lot...

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,257 of 13,478
I use this and fits well.. not too tight and I can still put in one iem without squeezing in too much..
https://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/new_item/vd959/

upload_2019-7-11_22-38-13.png

Too bad. I can't complete the transaction, that's why. I'm here in the desert. Does Buyee hoonur this site (https://www.vannuys.co.jp/official/) ?

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #6,258 of 13,478
Same here. All the Reviewers we know said its Neutral, i myself validate that, Mango's Superbly Neutral. & also, i'm just a DAP guy. as a bonus, i noticed the batt. life improved, a lot...
I've noticed using mango makes the battery life better. Btw I remember that you have an ak240. How do they compare sonically?

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #6,259 of 13,478
Me too, with Mango OS the battery life is much better than the Android OS.
Anyway I have to say that in Android OS I use only Neutron (no WiFi, no Bluetooth, no streaming services).
And I still am not able to say if Mango music player (in Mango OS) is better than Neutron.
I will try to figure out.

Jul 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #6,260 of 13,478
Same here! It is the best to it performances. I don’t use streaming and so on, so that explains it.
+1 Only Mango - The best sound quality. My only wish are a few improvements on player, usability, no new features, just somes fixes I've (and others) posted on the dedicated FW requests thread. If I would have to choose only one, stay on the list position when going back - easy for iBasso for sure @Paul - iBasso ? It works fine on directory, it works fine on album (list, not on tiles) view, iBasso fixed it on one of the latest FW's... please please.

It’s a real pane when you're scrolling on artists, searching for "Mike Oldfield", you're on "M”, almost there and then when scrolling you enter by mistake on "Marillion” - oh nooo, back and top to A, scroll again

Jul 11, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #6,262 of 13,478
OK, amp9..for me.I ran it for about ten hours on a stock DX200TI. I will say the sound is exquisite. I switched to the dx220 hoping to get just a little more gain from that combo. No Dice. I like the sound but I can say that about any of my equipment. But no matter the quality of the sound I need a little more volume so I have to run an outside amp with it. That's not a problem but it makes me wonder how the amp is coloring the sound. I am glad I have it and will certainly be playing it many more hours.

Of all the daps and amps I have the top dog is still the DX200TI-EX with Amp8-EX, no question. And it doesn't really matter which phones I use, it just rocks.
BTW, I did all the amp9 listening with the Klipsch Heritage HP-3 with one exception, when I was feeding the HDVA-600 I used the HD800 and Utopia and the sound was as one would expect with those phones.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #6,263 of 13,478
Listening to the four seasons, Anne Akiko Myeyers, on 24/96. Using the Utopia Stellia and the AMP9 is totally mesmerizing. It is so good, at times I don't enjoy it. What? Really, the timbre, hanging notes hit you in the solar plexus. The problem, I don't want to stop listening and I have other things to do and then, I don't want it to end, so the not so good part. Amazing separation, timbre and complexity to the sound that is so analogue and to me, having listened to a lot of live music, so truthful to the naturalness and projection. I used to play violin and I can hear the difference in the violins and what I used to enjoy, is now even heightened more with the character and personality of the individual instruments. How did they do this??

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #6,264 of 13,478
I just got the amp9 and i am not convinced... despote the firmware of June , it sounds more « clear » with a lot of highs wich are brighter than the amp1mk2 imo.
Was expecting smooth sound and it is quite fatiguing.
Furthermore, the sound changes completely and become smoother when running under mango... under android, the sound lacks and i have to push the volume to 80 with my campfire cascade to have the volume i get at 50 with amp1... any suggestion?

AMP9 has a more lively, more vivid sound. It is most certainly not smoother than AMP1MK2, that's the smoothest AMP module AFAIK.

Give it time.

It is normal that you need to push more volume in Android mode than in Mango, because Android mode volume goes from 0 to 150, while in Mango, it stops at 100.

Also, AMP9 has less power than AMP1MK2, what you're experiencing is normal.

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #6,267 of 13,478
Can’t you just peel it off?
Unfortunately is not that.

You broke it you buy it ? I have seen many of those posted in the stores
hehehe... This is u broke because u already buy it...

but I will try the strategy, no wife permit, demo it, & broke it....

Its a standard Samsung screen right ? You can get it fixed or replaced in a mobile phone shop if you are quick and don't let it crack further. I had a quote for one and it is around £300 normal to replace. And I live in rip off Britain.
I think so..
£ 300 for the screen & lcd panel...?
well, I have asked paul, just waiting his reply...

The story was, the DX220 is mine, I was demoing Sony MDR Z1r, Just when I done, I give the Headphone to the store keeper, and forgot to unplug it from my DX220... so u can predict the rest of the story....
I alrd pass the grief time... so lets move on...

Jul 11, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #6,268 of 13,478
+1 Mango player is better. (edit: what I mean is Mango OS have better SQ, still preferably in DX221mk2).

For me, the only thing the need to be upgrade from Mango OS, is it Search UI... it's horrible.
When u shuffle play, u will heard the same song from previous track (10 song).
Playlist can be double song, and when u delete one of it, it just delete all... quite depressing.
Somehow, Mango player had better UI search...

To easy my mind, I used Android with UAPP, and Lurker add on. IMO, almost as good as Mango OS, but u need to be in airplane mode, with no wifi etc...

edit* : sorry

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #6,269 of 13,478
Guys, waiting for AMP9, probably will arrives at the beginning of the next week!

Now I have AMP3 and AMP8
Read somewhere AMP3EX by Whitigir that is "perfect" if you want to use external amplifier using its line out.
Some time ago @Whitigir told me AMP8 was better than AMP3 also when DX200 uses external AMP (like my pathos aurium) despite of its line out.
Did I correctly understood. Was it true between stock version?
from what I'm reading seems AMP9 could outperform the already good AMP8.
Could be true using with external amp too?

While, in the hypothesis to use external amp the AMP3EX could be the "best" possible solution ?
Yes, no? Which are its modifications?

thank you
ciao!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #6,270 of 13,478
+1 Mango player is better.
Unfortunately Mango has not PEQ. Tried it in android mode and I found it really really high potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back