DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 9, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #6,078 of 13,478
Amp 9 is getting old. When can we get amp 10 @Paul - iBasso ?

I will raise you Amp-EndGame. It is down right the best of the best that you will not need to buy another module for the next 200 years.

The module will automatically sing to your moods and your brain preferences by monitoring your neuron activity and analyzes it with AI that was coded and programmed by a Post-Human engineer to warranty that you have and always reach Eargasm and goosebump every second of music. If your body is fatigued with all the excitement, a small current will be sent toward your every cells in the body and re-energize it without you noticing to keep you being on the “G-Gasm” every second.

The module will be made by it own electron that can shapeshift at will according to the AI and it analyzing, every shape shifting will be a trillion times faster than light speed to warranty that it is not disrupting your music.

Worship the amp-end game!

Ok, let’s get back to affordable high quality music and Amp9 with the modern era Nu-Tubes

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #6,079 of 13,478
Noob question - but... how do I switch it to Mango OS or whatever it's called? I basically just want to use my DX220 for music I have myself - I don't care for YouTube or streaming options. I just want the pure music player (and maybe Bluetooth for car) - that's it.

easy, on the android screen, ull see the ibasso logo, click on it, ur in Mango player, totally independent from Android. when in lock, its in android, but ull see a small notif. for mango player. click on it, again ur back to the mango player. ootb i used the mango immediately...

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #6,080 of 13,478
easy, on the android screen, ull see the ibasso logo, click on it, ur in Mango player, totally independent from Android. when in lock, its in android, but ull see a small notif. for mango player. click on it, again ur back to the mango player. ootb i used the mango immediately...

Hmm... @Jouho if you're referring to being in the Mango OS, if you happen to boot up in android, you will push the power button for about 3 sec, then you have 3 additional options, with 1 of them being to restart in Mango OS, which is the pure player OS. The DX220 will work as a pure player in this case with no android functionality.
Do note that are subtle sonic differences between using both the Mango Player app (that is when you boot up in android) and when playing using the pure player i.e. Mango OS.
Enjoy though!

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #6,081 of 13,478
I will raise you Amp-EndGame. It is down right the best of the best that you will not need to buy another module for the next 200 years.

The module will automatically sing to your moods and your brain preferences by monitoring your neuron activity and analyzes it with AI that was coded and programmed by a Post-Human engineer to warranty that you have and always reach Eargasm and goosebump every second of music. If your body is fatigued with all the excitement, a small current will be sent toward your every cells in the body and re-energize it without you noticing to keep you being on the “G-Gasm” every second.

The module will be made by it own electron that can shapeshift at will according to the AI and it analyzing, every shape shifting will be a trillion times faster than light speed to warranty that it is not disrupting your music.

Worship the amp-end game!

Ok, let’s get back to affordable high quality music and Amp9 with the modern era Nu-Tubes

I like what you said about combining AI and all!!
@Whitigir I came across your FB page and saw that you use Xivero, that piqued my curiosity.
How does that fit into your audio chain comprising the DX220?

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #6,082 of 13,478
I like what you said about combining AI and all!!
@Whitigir I came across your FB page and saw that you use Xivero, that piqued my curiosity.
How does that fit into your audio chain comprising the DX220?
Xivero is used to offline process any of your typical PCM such as WAV or FLAC into DSD512, which the Dx220 can play back. You will need to take it out of the leather cover and allow it to get cooled down due to howmuch power it consumes in this mode.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #6,083 of 13,478
Hello all! Does anybody know which (and if) Van Nuys case will fit the DX220? Any other case recommendations?

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #6,084 of 13,478
Hmm... @Jouho if you're referring to being in the Mango OS, if you happen to boot up in android, you will push the power button for about 3 sec, then you have 3 additional options, with 1 of them being to restart in Mango OS, which is the pure player OS. The DX220 will work as a pure player in this case with no android functionality.
Do note that are subtle sonic differences between using both the Mango Player app (that is when you boot up in android) and when playing using the pure player i.e. Mango OS.
Enjoy though!

I stand corrected. After the 3 sec. hold onto the power button, 3 options appear. I still chose "to Mango OS" , this is the pure DAP i was referring to. Thanks & yes, we should enjoy the amazing Music...

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #6,088 of 13,478
Xivero is used to offline process any of your typical PCM such as WAV or FLAC into DSD512, which the Dx220 can play back. You will need to take it out of the leather cover and allow it to get cooled down due to howmuch power it consumes in this mode.

Just curious, is there an app that does PCM to DSD conversion realtime natively (not while using this as USB DAC) ?

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #6,089 of 13,478
DX229 = Clarity; lushly exquisite harmonics; layering; dynamics; rounded sharp edges; extension
This is “only” 44.1kHz/16 but me thinks - Hi-Res really likes AMP9, it really does.

ENJOYING THE MUSIC!

E1A63AD5-7DCE-4682-AF8A-9C2EE9D3B51E.jpeg

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #6,090 of 13,478
Just curious, is there an app that does PCM to DSD conversion realtime natively (not while using this as USB DAC) ?
That I do not know, I do know for a fact that for portable player, it would be fun to do Real time DSD Processing. However, using your own DAC-IC by the DAP is still superior to that. The best on the fly DSD processing I have observed by far is from DMP-Z1....but that isn’t going to stand up to offline processing anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back