DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #32 of 13,478
What is the purpose of buying a DAP if you're going to use it with Bluetooth? Sound quality is the same as your smartphone's bluetooth...

Well there are new BT codecs coming up that support HiRes (like Hiby developed for the W5, supports 24/192) so BT 5.0 is a good idea to be future proof. Who’s to say we’re not going to bury cables altogether as the protocol and codecs get better and better with better quality and lower power consumption.

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #33 of 13,478
Well there are new BT codecs coming up that support HiRes (like Hiby developed for the W5, supports 24/192) so BT 5.0 is a good idea to be future proof. Who’s to say we’re not going to bury cables altogether as the protocol and codecs get better and better with better quality and lower power consumption.
Hi, an another advantage is to stream from wifi to BT in my car ... not the top quality but very helpful to listen my cd library. I keep the high end listening for my vega ( from wifi or from the sd card). Bye

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #34 of 13,478
Bluetooth chip would have to be priced at 3-4K and allow socket for Chip rolling :wink: ...otherwise, Wired and Cables will stay

Take that with a lot of jokes as always. But I love having better Bluetooth connections

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #35 of 13,478
Bluetooth chip would have to be priced at 3-4K and allow socket for Chip rolling :wink: ...otherwise, Wired and Cables will stay. Take that with a lot of jokes as always. But I love having better Bluetooth connections

Yeah well, if the audiophile market wasn’t such a niche I am sure technologically we would already have HiRes BT codecs and an even better BT protocol so there is that. Prices would drop quickly with mass production. Also true of hires streaming, we’re getting a little bit better with Tidal and Qobuz but the fact Spotify has not moved on that topic is revealing. Most people won’t notice the difference as they use low quality headphones or speakers anyway.

Despite this, in 10 years we’ll be wireless of that I am convinced :D
Or maybe we’ll plug into the brain directly eventually :p

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #36 of 13,478
Hi, an another advantage is to stream from wifi to BT in my car ... not the top quality but very helpful to listen my cd library. I keep the high end listening for my vega ( from wifi or from the sd card). Bye
Does your car have a USB port? If so then I suggest you spend $25 and get a 128GB low profile USB memory stick (I use the SanDisk Cruzer Fit) and have the best fidelity in your car without all the BT headaches and loss of quality. No matter how good BT gets it will never be as good as direct from a memory device.

It somewhat boggles my mind that folks want a HiRes, super performance DAP and then cripple it by using wireless connections to everything - yes, I get the convenience factor and all but if you want top fidelity and to take advantage of all the great hardware being integrated into these HiRes DAP's then wires are in your future. Yes, wireless technology is ever improving but it will always fall short of the original unless you replicate all the hardware on the receiving end of whatever signal is being transmitted. For crying out loud!

My apologies - I detected getting myself spooled up into a rant/lecture - deep, cleansing breath. I am at peace with myself again...

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 27, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #37 of 13,478
Hi, i agree with you Cobraman. The first purpose of my dx200 is for walking of course but i spend more time in my car ...I don't want to have headache by selecting my music. I have a wifi hdd in my car (1.5 to of music) and have a real pleasure with that. In my new car, no AUX input so BT is the easier way. If only smartphones could be connected through wifi AND 4g, no more dx200 in the car but ....

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #41 of 13,478
I hope iBasso will be using a Snapdragon 425 and 3GB RAM similiar the Hiby R6 Pro. I assume they'll have quick charge 3.0 as the DX150 already has 2.0. If they can give us a snappy UI then they will have a killer DAP on their hands. I hope they can keep the sell price under $1000. They have already proven with their dx150 and DX200 models they can produce DAPs with exceptional sound quality. I am waiting for HBB's honest review to see if they fix the lag problems. If they can do that then I would strongly consider buying one. I like the interchangeable amps they have. It will be exciting come April to see their launch.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #42 of 13,478
Yes they need to use snapdragon cpu because otherwise it wont support bt5.0

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 13,478
If they start with the DX200 hardware, which might sound logical given the numbering of the new device, and upgrade/tweak from there, fix some of the issues folks have been reporting on the DX150 and DX200 threads then I would say yes - it could be a better DAP. However, since no details have been provided this is heavy speculation on my part. It has been stated that the DX220 will retain the swappable amp modules and be compatible with the previously released ones.

Let's hope for more details soon. Not sure we will see much during the Chinese New Year celebrations though...

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #45 of 13,478
If they start with the DX200 hardware, which might sound logical given the numbering of the new device, and upgrade/tweak from there, fix some of the issues folks have been reporting on the DX150 and DX200 threads then I would say yes - it could be a better DAP. However, since no details have been provided this is heavy speculation on my part. It has been stated that the DX220 will retain the swappable amp modules and be compatible with the previously released ones.

Let's hope for more details soon. Not sure we will see much during the Chinese New Year celebrations though...

Cheers,
Tim
Yeah, they follow two years at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back