DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #9,436 of 13,478

NO hiss from the 229. Gain; Low [dac stage], gain; Low [amp9 stage], v.70. With this setting, 229 w/ its latest update could easily reach 8 hours playback time...

omg...how did you manage to make that snake working on the Z1R (I think it is something else and not Z1R...but they have Zirconium body) ? Jeez Luis....that is a huge snake

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #9,437 of 13,478

NO hiss from the 229. Gain; Low [dac stage], gain; Low [amp9 stage], v.70. With this setting, 229 w/ its latest update could easily reach 8 hours playback time...

I love 229 with Andromeda too but I use the same setting with iEMatch in high. Then no hiss and all is good. Maybe I got a noisy Amp9...

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #9,439 of 13,478
I’m using quite sensitive IEMs (Solaris)

sometimes it’s nice to eliminate the hiss with amp9 so thinking of getting the ifi match.

I sold my amp8 because I’m waiting for amp8 exfan can’t remember the hiss anyone notice hiss with sensitive IEMs

wondering to get balanced version or just stick with 3.5m SE for amp9

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #9,440 of 13,478

sometimes it’s nice to eliminate the hiss with amp9 so thinking of getting the ifi match.

I sold my amp8 because I’m waiting for amp8 exfan can’t remember the hiss anyone notice hiss with sensitive IEMs

I find the Amp9 is quite a bit noisier than Amp8 with my Andromedas

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #9,441 of 13,478
About the DAC driver for dx220.

I recently got a Sabaj D5 (ES9038PRO) desktop dac/amp, I played around the foobar2000 setup, and I can
set it up to play up to DSD512 on DSD Native mode.
I then tried DX220 as DAC mode, and here my comments.

1. the driver is too old, at v3.34, the latest XMOS driver is 4.67 from Topping, my D5 uses 4.47.
2. DX220 support 32bit, but this driver only allow 24bit.
3. when in DAC mode, can we have driver information show up on DX220 screen
right now, it doesn't show anything except "DAC MODE"
And the old driver control panel only shows frequency
On both should be able to show these information
(these are showing on my D5 driver control panel, and its screen)
Frequency (DSD,PCM)
ASIO mode (PCM,DSD)
Input/Output letency
4. I cannot up sampling PCM to DSD with foobar2000 setup, but same setup works for D5.
(probably because old driver?)
5. is it possible to support 768KHz through firmware update?
Hey, this has 2 ES9028PRO...
6. This stock amp seems a little under power? I had to set it to hi-gain@120
to drive my Denon AH-D5000

BTW, I am on latest firmware.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #9,442 of 13,478

omg...how did you manage to make that snake working on the Z1R (I think it is something else and not Z1R...but they have Zirconium body) ? Jeez Luis....that is a huge snake

The IEM is acoustune HS1670SS...
The Cable... interesting seems customed made...

edit : he mentions in his Sig "Acoustune 1670ss w/ Custom Tuned Taekyo balance cable"
Nice...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #9,443 of 13,478

Based on my exp, AMP8 better manage Hiss with CFA Solaris OG due to better grounding connection.

Better wait all ur AMP available.. then audition urself, which Path you want to go SE 3.5, TRRS 2.5 or Pentacon 4.4...
OR get adapter to accommodate all...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #9,444 of 13,478
The IEM is acoustune HS1670SS...
The Cable... interesting seems customed made...

edit : he mentions in his Sig "Acoustune 1670ss w/ Custom Tuned Taekyo balance cable"
Nice...

Thank you all. Aside from Custom made, the Taekyo is "Custom tuned" I. E. Wire gauge & strand for strand designed & built to take out the metallic sound & that peaky treble from the 1670ss as well as lift the voices & add body. the already huge stage just become larger still due to voice lift & now is as high as the Andros. The cable designer/builder was a former expat in Japan, senseid himself from over there. Basic conductor metal is extremely high purity copper. That's all I can tell u...

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #9,445 of 13,478
Thank you all. Aside from Custom made, the Taekyo is "Custom tuned" I. E. Wire gauge & strand for strand designed & built to take out the metallic sound & that peaky treble from the 1670ss as well as lift the voices & add body. the already huge stage just become larger still due to voice lift & now is as high as the Andros. The cable designer/builder was a former expat in Japan, senseid himself from over there. Basic conductor metal is extremely high purity copper. That's all I can tell u...
hahaha... Well Japan quite famous for tuning... for me, my BRISE cable highlight is to layer the jack and MMCX with 11 layers to avoid cable intereference that make jack as RF Signal receiver...
regular OFC Copper with secret layer material... it really thicken the Vocal... with good separation...

anyway, lets get back to DX221mk2... Wondering what AMP8EX fan edition will be...

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #9,447 of 13,478
I just did this and it worked !!

1/ open up ApkPure

2/ Search Google Playstore

3/ Install

4/ Open up Google Playstore and Sign in with your account

5/ Use google store like it was meant to be

Now I can enjoy my PowerAmp again.

Dude... that totally worked and I was able to install my purchased BubbleUPNP license!

Dec 15, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #9,448 of 13,478
About the DAC driver for dx220.

I recently got a Sabaj D5 (ES9038PRO) desktop dac/amp, I played around the foobar2000 setup, and I can
set it up to play up to DSD512 on DSD Native mode.
I then tried DX220 as DAC mode, and here my comments.

1. the driver is too old, at v3.34, the latest XMOS driver is 4.67 from Topping, my D5 uses 4.47.
2. DX220 support 32bit, but this driver only allow 24bit.
3. when in DAC mode, can we have driver information show up on DX220 screen
right now, it doesn't show anything except "DAC MODE"
And the old driver control panel only shows frequency
On both should be able to show these information
(these are showing on my D5 driver control panel, and its screen)
Frequency (DSD,PCM)
ASIO mode (PCM,DSD)
Input/Output letency
4. I cannot up sampling PCM to DSD with foobar2000 setup, but same setup works for D5.
(probably because old driver?)
5. is it possible to support 768KHz through firmware update?
Hey, this has 2 ES9028PRO...
6. This stock amp seems a little under power? I had to set it to hi-gain@120
to drive my Denon AH-D5000

BTW, I am on latest firmware.

These are valueable detailed findings, i suggest to post them in the thread for software requests
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/
or post there a link to this post.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #9,449 of 13,478
I just did this and it worked !!

1/ open up ApkPure

2/ Search Google Playstore

3/ Install

4/ Open up Google Playstore and Sign in with your account

5/ Use google store like it was meant to be

Now I can enjoy my PowerAmp again.

I tried this as I reverted to 1.13.202 version, since I find the battery drains faster on the latest firmware.

Unfortunately it didn't worked in my end. Google Playstore keeps on crashing every time I open it, so I am back with installing the Lurker Add on for the 1.13.202.

What I did is, I flashed the original firmware as per page 1 using android tool, next is I installed the v1.13.202, then installed the Google Playstore via ApkPure, and singed in my Google Account on the Playstore, then the crashing occurs.

Would've been nice if it worked :). Oh well.

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #9,450 of 13,478
My observations on 1tb cards: On the DX220 I can write directly to the card in the dap. On DX200TI I had to eject the card and put it in the computer in order to write a new file to the card. However, I could add new album to an artist that is already on the card. The same thing happens with the KANN 1tb SD card.

Just a couple cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back