1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606
608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617
Next

Last
  1. iMongui
    When I bought the tpu case in TaoBao, it came with a tempered glass. I knew that with the glass on, the sensitivity of the screen would be worse but I thought that was worth just to maintain the screen perfect. Nowadays im feeling that the glass its hurting more than it helps and I would like to remove it and have it without anything. Anyone knows if the screen is gorilla glass or something like that just to know that im not gonna scratch on a normal daily use?

2. duyanh43
    It definitely not the smoothest, but not quite sluggish either. I'm using the older DX200 and completely fine with it, after all, sound quality is the only thing matters for me in a DAP. I have not had the chance to audition the SP1k in any version but many claims that it is not that much different given the 3x price

fokta likes this.
  3. mat.1
    Is it normal to have noise on amp 9 with new firmware ?
    Should i reset to factory default ?

4. loplop
    I just tried PEQ this weekend for the first time and noted the same. A few of my EQ settings produced nasty distortion :frowning2:

Since PEQ is most usefully applied with both boosts and cuts, would iBasso consider adding either a selectable -X db amount, or an auto-decrement based upon PEQ settings?

CobraMan likes this.
  5. duyanh43
    It is the tube sound :D

6. thedanadamsusa
    Anyone on here own - or have heard, a DX220 and use them with Legend X? I’m wondering, as they aren’t especially power hungry, would the Amp8 be a waste of time and it be better to stick with the stock amp? Or does the extra power of Amp8 add more; control, dynamics, and overall quality - even though these IEMs don’t demand it?

7. CobraMan
    I like your idea - suggest you add it to the thread dedicated to software (FW) requests here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

Cheers,
    Tim

8. loplop
  9. Paul - iBasso
    Some time back this was discussed with our software team. There is a reason it won't work well and why we don't use it but I don't remember the reason. I will have to ask again.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  10. Paulo Abreu
    It’s not sluggish, your observations match mine and “many” others. “Many” in this sense is more of a perception than a real measurement, the few that come here and complain do it in a tiring and repetitive way, so they look “more”. DX220 is all about enjoying music and what it has to offer, emotions thru fidelity an rhythm, and that’s where DX220 excels - its not a competitor to my iPhone XI

Concerning music but OT, here’s my latest project, restoring to life my wife’s grandfather turntable and amplifier from the early 60’s (I built the TT wood cabinet he he, lots of fun). Enjoy:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  11. Whitigir
    High res don’t get better than a properly setup LP system :p

Paulo Abreu likes this.
  12. thedanadamsusa
    Hi All,

Does anyone on here own - or has heard, a DX220 with Legend X? I’m wondering, as they aren’t especially power hungry, would the Amp8 be a waste of time and it be better to stick with the stock amp? Or does the extra power of Amp8 add more; control, dynamics, and overall quality - even though these IEMs don’t necessarily demand it?

13. Whitigir
    Better power handling and delivery with lower noise floor is always the things to crave for...there has never been enough power....unless you are trying to directly run your ears buds from speakers connections....then that is a no no

not sure how your specific questions can apply though

14. thedanadamsusa
    I'm mostly asking the question because many people will have the opinion that something like Amp8 is only necessary for power-hungry IEMs, and headphones. As I'm talking about using Legend X IEMs - which are not difficult to drive, would it be a waste of time using an Amp8? Should I simply stick with the DX220 stock amplification, or would there actually be any tangible benefit from using an Amp8, and it's additional power - even with an IEM like Legend X?

15. Sound~Patriot
    What's up with the ibasso homepage? For me it's been down for at least 4 or 5 days.

First

Back
597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606
608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617
Next

Last