DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 16, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #8,716 of 13,460
I will cut the old caps off and tug on the wire as I heat it up. Yes I am thinking of attempting it with an iron only, then some clamps and heat sinks in strategic places to support the surface mount things. Im going to try to avoid heating the board and try to just hit the solder. Going to use a mix of fresh solder pump and wick to clean up. Think I probably need a bigger magnifying glass for this one :). I'll be as careful as I can but we all know "Murphy was an optimist !" :)

I don't mean to pull this thread too far off the main discussion, but Max, if you're going to use an iron, please just use low temp solder for the removal stage: quick chip or fast chip. If you've never used it, just google it. There are YouTube clips.

IMO, low temp solder is the safest and surest way to remove components off the amp8 board. Do not "tug" or apply any force. The pad will lift off. Once you've applied the low temp solder, just tap it to check when it is loose enough to freely slide off.

Oct 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #8,717 of 13,460
Cool will do, thanks for the tips. I was sort of joking when I said "tug" :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #8,718 of 13,460
I've had enough time with amp1mk2 and amp8

I tried the amp1 again this morning and I want to go back to amp8. Not that amp1 is bad, amp8 is just that great.

amp8 just has more punch and air overall.

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #8,721 of 13,460
Crazy idea and probably needs some fine tuning - anybody interested in a group buy type of deal for modded Amp8?

My thought was we could line up interested folks on here and manage over PMs. I don't mind bulk buying components needed and shipping to the modder we go with. It would be easier to group buy Amp8 from Ibasso and dropship as well, but that probably won't be a requirement

I guess PM me if interested and I'll start a group chat to work out details if there's enough interest?

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #8,722 of 13,460
Crazy idea and probably needs some fine tuning - anybody interested in a group buy type of deal for modded Amp8?

My thought was we could line up interested folks on here and manage over PMs. I don't mind bulk buying components needed and shipping to the modder we go with. It would be easier to group buy Amp8 from Ibasso and dropship as well, but that probably won't be a requirement

I guess PM me if interested and I'll start a group chat to work out details if there's enough interest?
I am glad you posted this - I was going to suggest this as well given all the interest and high praises of the mods and great efforts of @Whitigir and others to share all their knowledge and hard work. Similar to what some other members did with the JVC HA-FD01 mods to bring us the JVC HA-FDX1 via DROP.

Maybe you could work with Paul and get iBasso do these in their own factory like that JVC project - that would be fantastic...

Count me interested for sure!

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #8,723 of 13,460
Hi guys, I wasn’t to post this, but well, its not completely off-topic since its iBasso DX220 as a source.
I just recovered an old, somewhat rare PYE Mozart HFS-20M tube amplifier from the early 60’s, inherited from my wife’s grandfather

Its a joy to hear music with this combo, as always enjoying the music with iBasso :L3000: - Enjoy:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #8,725 of 13,460
Anyone used dx220 with Sony ier m9? Which amp module pairs the best with them?

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #8,726 of 13,460
I just experienced that when I use Neutron player, and press play/pause button by accident,
it bring up Mango player, so I have two player running at same time.
Is there a setting not to bring up mango player when press play/pause button?

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #8,727 of 13,460
I am glad you posted this - I was going to suggest this as well given all the interest and high praises of the mods and great efforts of @Whitigir and others to share all their knowledge and hard work. Similar to what some other members did with the JVC HA-FD01 mods to bring us the JVC HA-FDX1 via DROP.

Maybe you could work with Paul and get iBasso do these in their own factory like that JVC project - that would be fantastic...

Count me interested for sure!

Cheers,
Tim

I would like to tag @Paul - iBasso into this ideas to bring forth the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the combination DX220 and Amp8 under the EX-modifications. Then it would be possible that Ibasso May be able to pull it off from their own chain of productions with a limited run. For example, a 150-200 units or so.

maybe Paul would be interested enough, and maybe we need to put in a down payment to kick-start it forward ? Idk, but one thing for sure is that if we gathered enough interests, It would for sure demand some answer

to start this off, we probably need to sign a petition. If so, please follow this as Copy and Paste onward.

We are interested in the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the DX220 and Amp8 as a combo. It would have included a stock Dx220 Main unit that is EX-modified, and Amp8 EX-modified

1/ @ngd3 interested.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #8,728 of 13,460
I would like to tag @Paul - iBasso into this ideas to bring forth the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the combination DX220 and Amp8 under the EX-modifications. Then it would be possible that Ibasso May be able to pull it off from their own chain of productions with a limited run. For example, a 150-200 units or so.

maybe Paul would be interested enough, and maybe we need to put in a down payment to kick-start it forward ? Idk, but one thing for sure is that if we gathered enough interests, It would for sure demand some answer

to start this off, we probably need to sign a petition. If so, please follow this as Copy and Paste onward.

We are interested in the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the DX220 and Amp8 as a combo. It would have included a stock Dx220 Main unit that is EX-modified, and Amp8 EX-modified

1/ @ngd3 interested.

2/ @singleended5863 I am interested.

Oct 16, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #8,729 of 13,460

3/ @DaYooper interested

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #8,730 of 13,460

1/ @ngd3 interested.

I would be more interested if we could send our existing DX228 to him instead of selling and buying new ones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back