DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 27, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #8,162 of 13,478
Well, I won't make any blind purchase again... Because all blind purchased devices ended up much different (often negatively) compared to the reviewers' descriptions.

Many reviewers say " DX220 works flawlessly fast" , while both Android and Mango are laggy compared to any touchscreen device above $100 in 2019. Battery life and many other things also don't match the actual performance.

I don't remember anyone here told that this device work flawlessly fast, I mean even the fastest 2019 DAP is just like trash compared to 5 years-old Android devices in terms of UI, I mean I can't even quickly seek any song, it delayed af. But our priority is SQ anyway, and personally, I don't spend all my time navigating through the screen that much, only choose my playlist and use hard Next/Prev buttons. My old DX200 still hit a 6-hour mark on AMP9 playing 16/44.1 FLAC with vol 120/150 High gain.

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #8,164 of 13,478
Sell it, move on, get something like SP2k, fast, very nice sounding DAP.
What...?!!! you gave up already, I Guess you already seeing other girl (DAP) then...

Again, I can't understand how they are some people getting ~7 hours, really, or you use some mp3 on 64KB or I don't believe, I tried to do everything and just 4:30 hours it was my best, just power on, select random music and put into my bag, then power off and obtaining 1:10 hour playback like this, 4 times
Btw, regarding your exp, can you not put the DAP in your Bag ???

Yeah i felt same on AMP 1. It sounds much different than previous fw. More spacious and sparky, less analogue.

Same with AMP8.
Hmm... still stuck on the download process....

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #8,165 of 13,478

iBasso DX220 ui video i made 5 months ago before all the tweaking upgrades. Moves even faster now.
————————————

iBasso does send out a few review units so they can get feedback on some bugs etc - to people who will spend the required time on it - before wide release. Seems sensible. Can’t catch em all though.

Less than probably 1-5% of reviewers make any money. Mostly from random ads but they need a ton of traffic for them to pay off.

1% probably make a living off through direct sponsored adverts, but they have been going for 10 ー20 years. (Like Head-fi).

Most reviewers are just helpful head-fi types who just wrote longer and longer impressions over time and added more details until they wouldn't fit into a thread anymore.so they started posting in the review section or made a site to store em.
It takes a lot of time and work for most, the lure and shine of review units wears off after the 3rd or 5th one as it just means time and work.

——————————-

I am going to try my DX220 on shuffle and see how many hours i get using the stock amp.

Wifi off. Flac files. IEMs. Low gain. Playing files from a micro SD card.

Results soon.

————————————

I usual do 2 or 3 full battery discharged when i get a device to calibrate it.

Also i do a factory reset after each update

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #8,166 of 13,478
... Battery life and many other things also don't match the actual performance...

I did this test a while ago at home and I don´t remember having someone from iBasso looking over my shoulder ... :thinking:
That's 50% battery left after 4 hours of FLAC 44Khz and Hi-Res mix

But hey, I was forgetting, I'm not a reviewer, just an ordinary music lover - So I can freely add DX220 with AMP9 is the best sounding DAP I've listened, ever.

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #8,168 of 13,478
Open up the zip file on your pc, there is another zip inside it. use that. The instructions are on a read me in the zip you downloaded. I had the same problem :).

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #8,169 of 13,478
Open up the zip file on your pc, there is another zip inside it. use that. The instructions are on a read me in the zip you downloaded. I had the same problem :).

OK.. it works, thank you for the direction...
A bit inception here... I was remember just put the zip file in local storage and lead the the update from there... and now, It needs to unzip first... hahaha..
anyway... lets try the new FW... looking forward for the new Sound Signature....

edit : Lurker0 add on work it's magic... eazy installation as usual...

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #8,170 of 13,478
Glad you are sorted.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #8,173 of 13,478
1 playback hour, from 96% to 81%, Mango OS playing all the time only FLAC files 16/44 at 45 volume, medium gain and Andromeda S as an IEM device. It makes sense for me right now but im not gonna gain 4 hours more, that's a fact.

In any case, I appreciated a dramatic improvement of the sound, better soundstage, better bass profile (this one I appreciated the most) and in fact, better performance. Ah, and with the other FW (not the newest), there was a lot of heat, now I don't see too much, so its a win win this firmware, my 2 cents to Paul, their team and Lurker, your job its appreciated too (at least from my side)

That does seem slightly fast. Last night, I had 24/96 files playing, Mango OS, Amp9, 45 volume, high gain, hybrid IEM (Oriolus Mk2 via iEMatch). It took 4 hours from 100% to 45%. On 16/44 and 24/96, I typically get 1 hour from 100% to 90%. But it's not a constant drain so you should check by running until low. I've had mine for just over 2 months now and it gets used every day.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with iBasso :)

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #8,174 of 13,478
That does seem slightly fast. Last night, I had 24/96 files playing, Mango OS, Amp9, 45 volume, high gain, hybrid IEM (Oriolus Mk2 via iEMatch). It took 4 hours from 100% to 45%. On 16/44 and 24/96, I typically get 1 hour from 100% to 90%. But it's not a constant drain so you should check by running until low. I've had mine for just over 2 months now and it gets used every day.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with iBasso :)
As I said, I don't understand how are you or the other guys getting this battery statistics, even if I playback mp3 files, I always have the same draining status in somehow. I did some factory resets and try to put different firmwares, maybe Im having some kind of battery issues but on the physical layer, im not sure...

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #8,175 of 13,478
My mistake, no playstore :frowning2:, I did a reset and it went away, was a leftover from an addon... Sorry. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back