DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 26, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #8,131 of 13,478
Honestly I am disappointed with the Mango OS being laggy. I understand that Android can be laggy but Mango OS, which is purely dedicated for the audio playback should work smoothly

Actually it is laggy even before playing any audio, just hanging around albums is laggy. Why?

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #8,132 of 13,478
Honestly I am disappointed with the Mango OS being laggy. I understand that Android can be laggy but Mango OS, which is purely dedicated for the audio playback should work smoothly

Actually it is laggy even before playing any audio, just hanging around albums is laggy. Why?
Well, a few owners have reported this issue with lag and others, like me, have no lag complaints at all. I assume you have tried a factory reset? If not you may want to give that a try.

Is you music on a memory card or internal memory? Do you have the same lag problems with no memory card installed?

Just a few thoughts to try and help...

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #8,134 of 13,478
Well, a few owners have reported this issue with lag and others, like me, have no lag complaints at all. I assume you have tried a factory reset? If not you may want to give that a try.

Is you music on a memory card or internal memory? Do you have the same lag problems with no memory card installed?

Just a few thoughts to try and help...

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Tim

I don't use SD card, just a few gigabytes of music on my internal storage.

I think what is laggy and what is not depends on the users' expectations. Can I ask you to record and share a 30 seconds clip of performing basic operations (playing, moving to next track, browsing albums etc.) so we can compare it with ours?. Thanks

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #8,135 of 13,478

I've noticed in the past that sometimes the first time I turn it on Mango is laggy. When that happens I restart and then it is fine.

With this last update I have not seen that issue and there seems to be very little lag now and is overall much smoother. So maybe give the new firmware a try.

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #8,137 of 13,478

I think what is laggy and what is not depends on the users' expectations. Can I ask you to record and share a 30 seconds clip of performing basic operations (playing, moving to next track, browsing albums etc.) so we can compare it with ours?. Thanks
I don't have a convenient way to record a video for you or I would (no cell phone here - try not to hurt yourself laughing...). There are a few videos on YouTube that might be helpful or maybe one of the other owners here can grab a quick video to post.

I do agree though that expectations are certainly going to vary a lot. What I will say is that any touch selection and my DX220 responds in less than a 1/10 of a second, maybe even less on average. Fast enough that using a stopwatch is really about how quick I can hit the start then stop to try and time an event.

Do you have a video showing your lag issues that you care to share? Then I could let you know if mine is similar, etc.

Cheers,
Tim

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #8,138 of 13,478
So after updating this firmware and putting Lurker's new add-on, been listening few hours. The sound seems much better than I heard it yesterday, either it's the firmware or my hearing has suddenly improved, doesn't matter, sounds so good!!

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #8,139 of 13,478

Thats strange, mine is very responsive in Mango, can’t say its laggy by any means. I have a 512Gb card at +90%, internal memory only has 2.5 Gb free, +12500 tracks.
I’m posting just to add that I don’t have album art with more than 800x800 pixel size - In the past I’ve experienced slow response time from DAP because of big/huge embedded images (not iBasso but you know, burned cats are afraid of cold water...)

Sep 26, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #8,140 of 13,478
after factory reset and updating to newest firmware, i'm still only getting close to 4hrs of battery life using (UAPP and/or amazon music HD streaming).

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #8,141 of 13,478
I happened to leave my dx220 running a folder with 320kbps music 10am-5pm yesterday. The battery ran out around 7 hours. This was in Mango OS, high gain, AMP9. I'll have to try the same with 16/44, 24/96 FLAC etc. I believe 7+ hours is doable.

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #8,142 of 13,478
after factory reset and updating to newest firmware, i'm still only getting close to 4hrs of battery life using (UAPP and/or amazon music HD streaming).

Yeah, I get 3-4 hours and all I do is playing regular 16bit/44.1 audio files. And I got my device 2 days ago, battery health is perfect (batteries lose their health over time)

" approximately 8 to 9 hours of play time" on their website is such a FRADULENT claim to be honest...

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #8,143 of 13,478
Yeah, I get 3-4 hours and all I do is playing regular 16bit/44.1 audio files. And I got my device 2 days ago, battery health is perfect (batteries lose their health over time)

" approximately 8 to 9 hours of play time" on their website is such a FRADULENT claim to be honest...
3-4hrs is about what i'm getting playing FLAC files and ultraHD/HD on amazon.

Mango mode is the same.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #8,144 of 13,478
3-4hrs is about what i'm getting playing FLAC files and ultraHD/HD on amazon.

Mango mode is the same.

When streaming you use more power and get less play time.

If I use regular resolution files and something like the IT04, I don't have a problem getting a little over 8 hours. Maybe your battery needs to be conditioned. I know at first I didn't get that but after a week or so, it got better.

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #8,145 of 13,478
just updated 220 to the new FW.

The main very very very very appreciated improvement that is ABSOLUTELY and, I would say, finally (!!!), evident is:

the system and the touch RESPONSE

Yes guys, hope this is a starting point. Now our player does not appear anymore like a dinosaur compared with our smartphone. Guys this means the user experience can really grows up. No more annoying (and unacceptable) lags that really reduce my entertainment when I wanted to jump quickly from one song to another, from one folder to another folder, etc, etc....

So very very great job @Paul - iBasso ! thank you.

Appreciated too the 1080p display that now uses that resolution by default.

About AMP9 volume improvement I just have to test it. Now I have the AMP8 mounted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back