DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #7,861 of 13,478
I agree about everything you said here. The soundstage, details, separations...etc... were the reason why I moved on from WM1Z :)
I do not understand people who would claim DX220 or even Dx200 to be mid-tier. The only way I see it is that they either are trying to damage Ibasso brand and images, or they are lying to themselves as Biased toward their favorite brands....

IMO, DX220 is completely high-end, competing toward other brands and products....except....very affordable which could be either a pro or a con. To me, Ibasso is an awesome brand with excellent customer service, the heart of enthusiasm, and excellent products at a realistic pricing
I totally agree. I know there are a lot of trolls and also people who are paid and some not, that try to take down brands. I was approached by a company and asked to review a product, it looked good and they sent it. Then they started telling me what to say, which I did not, and then to attack other products. I never reviewed the product or said much about it. I am wrong, it was two different companies that did this, one was a couple of years ago and I just remembered them.

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #7,862 of 13,478
I agree about everything you said here. The soundstage, details, separations...etc... were the reason why I moved on from WM1Z :)
I do not understand people who would claim DX220 or even Dx200 to be mid-tier. The only way I see it is that they either are trying to damage Ibasso brand and images, or they are lying to themselves as Biased toward their favorite brands....

IMO, DX220 is completely high-end, competing toward other brands and products....except....very affordable which could be either a pro or a con. To me, Ibasso is an awesome brand with excellent customer service, the heart of enthusiasm, and excellent products at a realistic pricing
They say it’s mid-tier because DX220 costs too less compared to other flagship DAPs (and they spent a lot of money so they have to defend „their“ brand).

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #7,865 of 13,478
Hi Paul - iBasso,

Maybe you could help. I`m experiencing problems with my DX220:
1. When I`m using Tidal on my 5G network (not 2.5G) I hear crackling;
2. When I use Tidal in offline mode I dont here crackling but i hear background noise, hiss. This hiss persist even when I pause or turn of a song! It only stops if I turn on Mango player and start playing song in Mango;
3. The same hiss I hear when I connect to DAC mode.

I`m with AMP9.
I would be greatfull if anybody could respond if you experiencing or experienced the same problem?

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #7,866 of 13,478
They say it’s mid-tier because DX220 costs too less compared to other flagship DAPs (and they spent a lot of money so they have to defend „their“ brand).

I agree. There is obviously so much psychology going on in how we hear and evaluate audio. I think if you have one device that is 3,500 and another that is 899 you make assumptions. Careful listening should overcome these arbitrary biases, but they don't always. Of course it is for just this reason that many high end manufacturers inflate their prices.

I always respect iBasso for staying true to their values and the principles they've set.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #7,868 of 13,478
you know.. when I first read DX200 Thread, I always wonder why Paul said just listen and enjoy the music...
then DX220 came, and he still mentioning the same... please stayed that way...

Its a game of compromise to get what u want (if u know what u want, off course), because I still see people dont know where their are going, and didn't want to be bold enough to try...

I had my time, judging AK...
but when I tried almost all of their portfolio...
I realize, is just matter of what you like, its capable of creating good sound, but does it suit to your preference?

Luckily I had friends that's reminds me to try, and said that there's will be somebody will dislike you anyway. YOLO

Attachments

• 20190907_093814.jpg
    20190907_093814.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #7,871 of 13,478
Is there a way to control music playback of DX220 wirelessly from another device, such as smartphone ?

Team viewer. But it doesn't work that good though.

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #7,872 of 13,478
How do you mean play back wirelessly? Do you mean as a remote control? Or full functionality with your library mirrored on the other device. If the latter,no. Fiio do this with Fiio Link for their devices and it’s a nice feature. If it’s volume,pause,skip track etc,then it’s easily done via a Bluetooth remote. Fiio RM1 works just fine. Doesn’t work in Mango OS as it shuts down Bluetooth and WiFi which is a shame.

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #7,873 of 13,478
Is there a way to control music playback of DX220 wirelessly from another device, such as smartphone ?
You can do this in Android mode by installing the HibyMusic app on both devices.

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #7,874 of 13,478
Hi Paul - iBasso,

Maybe you could help. I`m experiencing problems with my DX220:
1. When I`m using Tidal on my 5G network (not 2.5G) I hear crackling;
2. When I use Tidal in offline mode I dont here crackling but i hear background noise, hiss. This hiss persist even when I pause or turn of a song! It only stops if I turn on Mango player and start playing song in Mango;
3. The same hiss I hear when I connect to DAC mode.

I`m with AMP9.
I would be greatfull if anybody could respond if you experiencing or experienced the same problem?
I would try a different channel on your WiFi connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back