DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #7,278 of 13,460
I wonder if I can get Windows X to do this mod without sounnding insulting

Miles, Hi. WIndowsX has his own range of mods for amp8. I've never heard them so I don't know what they sound like, but he has invested a lot of time in getting his unique signature. I'm sure they are great.

If you are willing to send your amp overseas to WindowsX, you may consider @chaiyuta. He's a professional modder and has experience with iBasso gear. I've been sending people to him.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #7,279 of 13,460
I'm sad to report, even though I love the sound of AMP9, the hiss with my Solaris was just too distracting to me for use with a lot of my quieter music like acoustic guitar so I switched back to my AMP8. AMP9 was great with my MDR-Z1R but with Solaris I just couldn't take the hissing. And I grew up with tapes and my Sony Walkman so I am used to hiss :).

It would be great if Ibasso could do something on the software side to address that but I don't know if it is possible?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #7,280 of 13,460
Following this thread. Just got my dx220 and I am madly in love with it’s sound!

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #7,281 of 13,460
I'm sad to report, even though I love the sound of AMP9, the hiss with my Solaris was just too distracting to me for use with a lot of my quieter music like acoustic guitar so I switched back to my AMP8. AMP9 was great with my MDR-Z1R but with Solaris I just couldn't take the hissing. And I grew up with tapes and my Sony Walkman so I am used to hiss :).

It would be great if Ibasso could do something on the software side to address that but I don't know if it is possible?
One again, tapes and analog hisses is very different than digital and tubes hisses :wink:. Analog medium hisses is very musical and comfortable while the other one feels like you are being irritated and on fires. So I agree with your points. Also, tubes do hiss too...but the least is the better. I don’t hear any hisses in Amp9 and ier-M9 though, unless I hot-swap the module

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #7,282 of 13,460

This is your solution to hiss problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L4CPF7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You get zero hiss out of this but need to raise up your volume.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #7,283 of 13,460
This is your solution to hiss problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L4CPF7U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You get zero hiss out of this but need to raise up your volume.

I actually got one of those today to try. You are right it kills the hiss. I'm not sure how I feel about the sound quality though, it sounds a little less wide and less dynamic to me but it could just be in my head. It was also making an occasional high pitched whine (very faint but detectable). I might give it a go some more but personally I'm not a big fan of having extra stuff in my chain if I don't have too.

Hmm, Amp8 vs Amp9+IEMatch for Solaris, any opinions on that matchup? What would you pick?

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #7,284 of 13,460
I actually got one of those today to try. You are right it kills the hiss. I'm not sure how I feel about the sound quality though, it sounds a little less wide and less dynamic to me but it could just be in my head. It was also making an occasional high pitched whine (very faint but detectable). I might give it a go some more but personally I'm not a big fan of having extra stuff in my chain if I don't have too.

Hmm, Amp8 vs Amp9+IEMatch for Solaris, any opinions on that matchup? What would you pick?

You are right the amp9 on Solaris sounds quite smooth but somewhat muffled with ifi on but then I am not too sure it it was also like that without ifi.
I've never had a big issue with hiss on DX220 so my preference is still with Amp9 over Amp8. I stopped playing with it since I got Plenue L
as a better alternative. I want the smallest device which sounds good.

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #7,285 of 13,460
Is the proper install order for Lurker/Fidelizer: Stock flash, then lurker, then fidelizer, then lurker again? I recall doing it this way on my DX200.

Just got Fidelizer for my DX220 and did: stock, then fidelizer, then lurker. But Google Play is broken. Figured I'd ask before trying again.

Searched the thread and seemed that stock, fidelizer, lurker was correct. But doesn't seem so in practice.

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #7,286 of 13,460
Is the proper install order for Lurker/Fidelizer: Stock flash, then lurker, then fidelizer, then lurker again? I recall doing it this way on my DX200.

Just got Fidelizer for my DX220 and did: stock, then fidelizer, then lurker. But Google Play is broken. Figured I'd ask before trying again.

Searched the thread and seemed that stock, fidelizer, lurker was correct. But doesn't seem so in practice.
That's the correct order, stock, fidelizer and lurker.

Have done this 4 times already for all the OTAs and no issues for me for Google Play Store.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #7,289 of 13,460
Miles, Hi. WIndowsX has his own range of mods for amp8. I've never heard them so I don't know what they sound like, but he has invested a lot of time in getting his unique signature. I'm sure they are great.

If you are willing to send your amp overseas to WindowsX, you may consider @chaiyuta. He's a professional modder and has experience with iBasso gear. I've been sending people to him.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back