1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484
Next

Last
  1. ongbenghui

2. gto88
    @ongbenghui , thanks for the information.
    I have been trying some samba client app, none can mount the share as local storage.
    What I want is to allow music player on DX220 to play music I save on network disk.
    I gave up now and use HiBy player, which can access network disk directly.

I'll try Lurker's add-on FW for YouTube, and others.

Thanks a lot.

3. gto88
    Has anyone experiences DX220 suddenly shutdown?
    There has been a few times when I am checking different setup and
    it just shutdown, I thought that it is display off, but it is not.
    I have to long press power button to turn it back on after a few tries.
    And the unit is kind of hot.
    Is it because too hot??

4. CobraMan
    I have not had this happen - owned since they were first released. Are you running stock FW or one of the alternate/modified versions?

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that might help?

If it continues I suggest contacting Paul for additional help.

Any other thoughts or ideas out there?

Cheers,
    Tim

P.S. Mine runs a little warm typically after being on for 15 - 30 minutes+ with the stock leather case. I get about 105°F on the top panel near the power on/off button with an IR temperature meter.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. kazekai
    Hello, I have asked here too, and some users and myself have experienced the shutdown issue and have to hard reset to get it working. I have tried factory reset and the issue is not resolved.

@Paul - iBasso, would you be able to help us please?

6. gto88
    My unit is stock firmware 1.12.149

7. cycheang
    Yes, I experience the same issue once in Mango mode since I owned DX220 . But it is not happened on the latest firmware. Hopefully this is not related to any hardware issue.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. Shiloh65
    Just received my AMP 9 this morning. Replaced the AMP 8 and am blissfully enjoying some Rush in 24 bit hi-res:L3000:. I have my DX229 paired up with Noble K10 customs and a Norne Audio Silvergarde SX cable from @TigzStudio. All I can say is this is better sounding than the AMP 8 or any of my previous DAP adventures including the Onkyo DXP-1A, Sony WM1A, and dare I say it I almost prefer this setup to listening to a source through my Hugo 2. Congrats iBasso! This combo is a home run IMHO.:ksc75smile:

AndrewH13 and Paulo Abreu like this.
  9. duyanh43
    It would be even better after 50 hours of burn-in :D Only downside is a bit lack of output power. (without hotswap)

10. Shiloh65
    With my IEMs there is plenty of power... :dt880smile::L3000:

11. kazekai
    Hi for those who ecounter the strange sudden shutdown issue while playing music, would like to check your configuration please. Maybe we can narrow it down to what is causing it.

Firmware: 1.12.149 (stock, no modfication)
    Amp: Amp9 (high gain, volume ~125)
    Mode: Android mode
    Wifi: Off
    Bluetooth: Off
    Battery Saving: Off
    Sleep settings in android: 15 secs
    Apps installed: Nova launcher, spotify, and a local radio app

For me, I dont think this is overheating (but I may be wrong). I can run the player for 4-5 hours without problem. But sometimes 30 mins into playing, I wake the screen and it does not wake and music cuts off immediately.

12. Whitigir

Heat problems ? How hot is DX220 when this occurred ? The DX220 can get very warmth if you keep screen on while WiFi and streaming is in use. You will need to take it out of the case and put on somewhere to cool it off

13. kazekai
    Don't think so, I had no case on, no wifi, no bluetooth, screen is off. 30 mins and I try to wake the screen and it can't be waked. Music gets cut and it goes dead. Had to hard reset. 4th time in less than a week, quite concerning. Have contacted my local distributor, will update my findings again

14. aaf evo
    Was happening to me often too, hasn’t happened in over a week now with no changes.

15. kazekai
    That is indeed strange.. what is the average duration you spend on listening to DX229 at 1 go?

First

Back
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484
Next

Last