1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last
  1. alota
    i remember black and white television with tubes :ksc75smile:

icefalkon and CobraMan like this.
  2. Whitigir
    It also had hisses Roflmao ! And the priceless smacking to make it work probably :D

alota and obileye obiyemi like this.
  3. gr8soundz
    All of this reminds me of my preference for Dolby B and C NR switches on tape decks back in the day. I know the 'hiss' well..... :)

Without the hot swap, I can only use two headphones with AMP9: HD 630VB and Momentum 2 (both over 110dB efficient). Hot swapping and using iEMatch opened the door to use almost all of my headphones with it. I don't plan to keep doing that but, until iBasso (or perhaps @Windows X or @Lurker0 ) makes new firmware to workaround this, we're stuck with these frustrating quirks.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    icefalkon likes this.
  4. JamesKH
    As some have said here, the sound really gets optimal at about 100 hours. Spent the first twenty hours listening to it..left it alone and came back. They were 100% right. You don't want to stop listening...it'll be a a long while before AMPMK2 goes back on...maybe when it goes up for sale and replace with MAX

5. JamesKH
    Wonder what they'll say about this generation of electronics 25-40 years from now.

fuhransahis and icefalkon like this.
  6. gr8soundz
    I imagine there should be more headroom with most iems and AMP9 compared to using it with headphones.

I've also found that a hot-swap plus iEMatch (despite the lower attenuation) leaves tons of headroom, enough to make use of the graphic EQ (which further attenuates volume downward). I barely go past 90 volume even with iEMatch and EQ on using my Sony Z7.

7. CobraMan
    Oh yeah - Dolby B, C, S, HX Pro, TDK SA-X & Maxell XLII-S High Bias Tapes - those were the days and thank goodness they are behind us now.. For those that remember the searching for top S/N performance and how to minimize noise, hiss, record artifacts that drove us crazy - and now we are in digital bliss (at least for me)!!! I still have my Onkyo TA-2600 Cassette Deck buried somewhere in my garage along with my Alpine 7390...

Amazing how far we have come in technology - and the incredible performance we carry in our pockets!

Cheers,
    Tim

icefalkon and Whitigir like this.
  8. Whitigir
    I still use cassette here and there, even LP :). Both have it pros and cons :D. But I do agree about the speed of the evolving technology for our hobby. Heck, there is a $30K Reel 2 reel decks currently being produced :D

The craziest is that we are able to have Tubes sound in the pocket! Even the glows!

icefalkon and behemothkat like this.
  9. gto88
    Just when technology is trying to lower the noise floor, now some of you are praising
    the hissing sound??:confused:

alota, fokta and CobraMan like this.
  10. icefalkon
    Yup, I remember 8 tracks, had a bunch...then had an insane number of LP's. Sold the ones worth anything back in the early 2000's. Got really good money for some of them like an original Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers with the working zipper and the pink panties inside, and a few others.

Yup, had the B/W tv...aluminum foil "ears", and watching all "3" tv channels...lol

LOL I had that same Onkyo! Man, remember the fun of making mix tapes? LOL
    Seems like sooo long ago.

Wait, it WAS a long time ago...I'm old. lol

alota and CobraMan like this.
  11. Whitigir
    Technology is trying to do a lot of things, for example, how to reproduce music from digital into analog with an authentic analog sound :). Also, how to convert analog recording of real instruments into digital files correctly...etc....etc....

The points is that, if it sound good, then it is good.

icefalkon likes this.
  12. icefalkon
    Just heard from Paul. It's going to be "a while" before the Max is ready for release guys. Enjoy what you have because it could be a long wait.

behemothkat, Whitigir and JamesKH like this.
  13. Whitigir
    Don’t go around picking fights to other DAP with your DX228EX ;P

icefalkon likes this.
  14. icefalkon
    LOL, I am loving this DX228EX combo and it's maker for the joy it's bringing me!

My wife, however, keeps yelling at me because I simply can't hear her with my headphones on. lol

:wink:

CobraMan and Whitigir like this.
  15. gto88
    waiting for my dx220 delivery today...

icefalkon likes this.
First

Back
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474
Next

Last