1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
Next

Last
  1. fokta
    According to his impression, the low is tighter..
    if I heard all his gear, his DX220 mod was more on analytic, so as probably his AMP9 ( I have not listen to it)

Still I asking for his time to met. but I prefer user that have AMP9 stock...

2. Carlsan
    Solaris sounds great with the default amp, but amp 9 adds hiss between tracks. If one can ignore it, the combo does sound good. The Massdrop x Empire Ears Zeus is worse and almost un-listenable.
    Then again, tube amps can often add unwanted hiss, it's part of the downside of tubes. From my collection, these are the only two I have found a hiss with.
    The Noble Khan, by the way, sounds fantastic with Amp9.

fokta, cycheang and Kitechaser like this.
  3. cycheang
    You can try in the local store that carry AMP9. It could be there already for demo. Just my suggestion.

fokta likes this.
  4. robotncc
    You didn't hear hiss on Noble Khan? I notice hiss on my Khan with PW Audio 1960s 2 wire

5. gr8soundz

You might wanna try iFi's iEMatch. I got one a few years ago due to a noisy tube amp but forgot about it once I upgraded. Remembered I had it after hearing hiss with AMP9 and my low impedance headphones.

Started using iEMatch with AMP9 yesterday and, once again, the hiss is gone without diminishing sound quality.

Carlsan and fokta like this.
  6. MiloTx
    You're welcome! Took quite a bit of effort to get them to open up to troubleshooting on something that isn't a standard Android phone. Once they did though, they were awesome and fixed the issue within a few days of sending in the diagnostic output! Very impressed

ballhead, bahamot and liquidrats like this.
  7. liquidrats
    benefited all of us. so thank you!

8. Jester0fTortuga
    How did you convince them? I had a hell of a time with them on this, they refused to even consider a problem on their end.

9. MiloTx
    I’m a software architect so used some of those skills to pull together the evidence that the DX220 was no different than any other Android mobile phone as far as the Tidal app is concerned, minus the cell. :)

Honestly it was a long shot, but it worked! I was amazed how quickly they patched once they received the diagnostics. 3 days!

10. Jester0fTortuga
    Hats off to you!

11. twister6 Contributor
    I assume even with iEMatch and Zeus you should still have some extra overhead in volume due to a high sensitivity of Zeus. But iEMatch might not work with some other IEMs where you need to push volume higher with amp9, since iEMatch attenuates it down.

12. MaxD
    OK feeling the AMP9 now with the CA Solaris, tried the IEMatch and that fixed it for me. Also had a go with slightly less sensitive IEM's and that worked too. Also after 10 hours burn in the waterfall hiss seemed to get better.... Or I am just feeling the amp9 now :).

13. Whitigir
    The hiss isn’t all that bad, but IMO, the hisses from cassette tapes and or LP scratching still feel more comfortable LOL! Anyways, just don’t use the “hot-swap” method and you are Less likely to encounter the hiss

icefalkon likes this.
  14. MaxD
    Im OLD too :) I remember castes LP's and Evan 9 track ! I must admit the hiss is growing on me :).

icefalkon likes this.
  15. Whitigir
    Yes, I agree with that as I do think for people who is used to Cassette and LP, the hiss just adds “authenticity”. The Amp9 has an excellent sound quality. Hence I said the Amp9 make me think about a very high quality cassette Walkman with tapes but without Flutter/Wow problems and cleaning the head or demagnetizing maintenances. There have to be compromises, who knows what were compromised for this universe to come to existence ? Perhaps Thanos got beheaded before his “snap”....LOL

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Paulo Abreu likes this.
First

Back
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473
Next

Last