1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
Next

Last
  1. Ojisan
    Interesting. What was the major factor for you for M11? I have dx220 and M11 now... I’m after the sound quality only and I’m leaning towards dx220.

behemothkat, fokta and Whitigir like this.
  2. jamato8 Contributor
    I enjoyed the M11 (since it has been mentioned a few times here) but it isn't at the level of the DX220. They fit into two different areas. The M11 nice a solid in like an upper mid line and worth the monty but the DX220 is totally high end for sound, equalling and bettering my WM1Z (AMP8 and WMP9).

3. Shecky504
    I do notice a big increase in gain when swapping in AMP9 without powering the unit down first. Can this damage the AMP or player? Would be good to know how this could affect things long term.

bsphong likes this.
  4. panasonicst60
    This is not recommend as per paul.

5. bsphong
    I am listening with the hot swamping amp9 more than 50hrs. Until now, I have not any problems, except waterfall noise occur with low empedence iems as my Noble katana.
    I suggest that new firmware should recognize the earphones's empedence to switch power automatically as audio smartphones (lg V, Vivo Xplay6,..). If low empedence earphones is plugged, amp9 only need the low output, and increase the feeding output automatically for high empedence earphones.

Shecky504 and Paulo Abreu like this.
  6. gr8soundz
    I emailed iBasso about AMP9 low output and suggested separate firmware for headphone users. Got a reply saying they forwarded my request to their engineers.

Or, now that I think about it, perhaps a larger gap between gain settings for the AMP9. However, I suspect adding more power could increase the hiss some iem users are experiencing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Shecky504 and bsphong like this.
  7. Paulo Abreu
    Now that would be a great feature. I don’t know technically if this meaningful but Nutubes accept a range of operating voltages from 5 to 80V, your are not the only person using the AMP1mk2 triggered AMP9 so I wonder what’s the margin iBasso has to increase its power?

Saying that, as I mentioned before, I have no complaints, it makes all my headphones sing beautifully

bsphong likes this.
  8. mattiav
    Headphone impedance doesn’t necessarily track with sensitivity though. My Andromeda S have low impedance and high sensitivity (12.8 ohm and 128 dB/mW), but I still sometimes hit 100 on the volume pot on Amp9 (Android, low gain). Not sure Id want to switch down the power for the Amp9...

bsphong likes this.
  9. Matpar
    Yummy. If you can share the results somehow.. lol

10. Matpar
    Totally agree. Btw what blu ray player do you have? :)

11. arijitroy2
    @Whitigir need some advice! :)

So been oversampling FLAC to DSD using HQPlayer now and it's much better than XiSRC and clearly the difference can be heard.

Question is, that my office laptop is not the fastest for processing this especially when i need to multi-task programs. Is there any way I can achieve live conversion of PCM to DSD apart from using HQplayer on my work laptop? Any external amps that can do that by using DX220 as the source?

Thanks!!

12. Whitigir
    Neutron player can live process to DSD I think. Beside that, I am not too sure of any others. I use offline processing by HQplayerPro and there are a lot of different filters that can suit the tastes since I also love HQPlayer :)

Now I am waiting for the DX220 max if it could do dsd1024 ? Lol

arijitroy2 likes this.
  13. artpiggo
    I think Roon can.

14. duyanh43
    You only need 100/150 on lowgain? I use DX200 and on Amp9 Andro S i use vol 100 on high gain :frowning2:

15. arijitroy2
    Let me try Neutron then!

Yeah my home pc is quite beefed up and can easily handle this oversampling, plus i have a dedicated server for Roon, although i use Roon's inbuilt DSP to upsample, haven't testes with HQplayer yet.

But with HQPlayer, the difference is quite clear unlike XiSRC.

First

Back
443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452
454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463
Next

Last