1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    No way, RK50 is $1,100 USD by itself....if you can even buy 1 that is

2. AndrewH13
    You mean Mojo? Both Hugo and Hugo 2 similar size.

3. AndrewH13
    My Amp9 had been to Germany, then Edinburgh Airport Scotland, East Midlands and now Heathrow Airports England. Needs to get to Stansted Airport before DHL send out for delivery. Lovely tour for it, but I want it here! So much for DHL text saying needs signature for Friday delivery, it's now changed to unknown!

SteveOliver and Paulo Abreu like this.
  4. Nayparm
    I sold my dx220 in favour of the M11 (with Neutron) and yes I did compare with dx220 with Neutron (Also against R6Pro and N6ii with Neutron, these 2 are very similar daps so may ways) I still have N6ii but only to see what AM02 offers.

fokta, Ojisan, Whitigir and 1 other person like this.
  5. highfell
    Sorry I meant between Hugo and Hugo TT - i’ll Edit my original post

6. Whitigir
    I like Neutron, but with the DX220 and latest Mango OS, the DX220 does it best with Pure Mango OS :). But Ofcourse, to each of his own, if we don’t subjectively love different things, we all going to have the same wife.

I never tell my friend that his wife is as beautiful as a hippopotamus :wink:

Nayparm likes this.
  7. Paulo Abreu
    Nice to see that move from iBasso and good that @Paul - iBasso cleared things fast before much speculation.
    That thing is huge in all directions and must be heavy, what's its main target? As a "transportable” DX220 at home for very demanding TOTL headphones? I bet @Whitigir already pre-ordered one as a mate for DMP ... LOL

Talking about weight I played a bit yesterday with A&K SP1000M, was surprised, very light on hands compared to DX220. Actually, the weight and the finishing in deep blue anodized aluminium makes it look a bit cheap and not up to the 2400USD price tag, not for the sound quality too although it sounds very good.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. alota
    i know. was a joke. i had one rk-50 in my beta-22

9. Nayparm
    Hahaa :ksc75smile:, Of course, and we all have different lugs too (Scottish/Northern England Slang for Ears:L3000:)

fokta and Whitigir like this.
  10. Whitigir
    I bought the DMP just purely because RK51 :wink: a special version of RK50 !

That was a joke ...LoL

alota likes this.
  11. ExpatinJapan
    fokta likes this.
  12. Whitigir
    Density and dynamic is what regular DX220 and Amp8 regular are improved with EX modifications. What I am curious about is Soundstage! As good as the soundstage of EX on DX228 or DX208Ti, the DMP-Z1 is still ways ahead of the game. Density and fluidity, the DMP has* no competitions each individual instruments has it own unique timbres and density. It is not only fluid and thick, and dense, but is also accurate. It get so accurate that you can tell the Tempo, the pitch similar to how a tape deck or LP would represent but without physical noises of analog systems and or wow/fluttering

The only thing I want DMP Z1 to improve is the Warmth signature! I want a more neutral with clarity, transparency, airiness of Ibasso! And now it look like Ibasso is coming to the game! I can not wait!

13. icefalkon
    I see.

That’s interesting, who at iBasso asked you this?

14. gr8soundz
  15. CobraMan
    Well - what if your friend is a hippopotamus as well? Wouldn't that be a compliment then?

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

I would be careful though - hippos are very dangerous animals and responsible for many deaths in Africa each year...

Cheers,
    Tim

icefalkon and Whitigir like this.
First

Back
442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451
453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462
Next

Last