1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    Are you hearing actual difference in sound converting to DSD?

quantumrush likes this.
  2. snip3r77
    is the power the same as DC01?

3. Whitigir
    You do realize I started it over here ? And the last thing you realize is that AK SP2000 allows DSD512 ?

So yes, I do hear the differences. But as I said, I already listed out the technical reasons, and what to use. You gotta judge it for yourself

dhc0329 likes this.
  4. panasonicst60
    Maybe I will try it in the future. I have never felt upsampli
    Can you guide on where to find the science to back up the sound quality improvement? I would like to read it.

5. Whitigir
    I recommend you to listen to it and judge with your ears first. Then find the scientific explanations afterward. If there is no differences, forget it ...LoL

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    icefalkon likes this.
  6. Paul - iBasso
    It is up to your ears. The Pure Mango has nothing working in the background like Android does, and it may enhance the sound because of this. It is all personal preference and we provide the option.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    Layman1, Wyville and Whitigir like this.
  7. MaxD
    Thanks Paul, I suspect my ears are not hearing a difference :), but loving the DX220 in both modes anyway. Just wish my AMP9 would hurry up and get here :).

SteveOliver likes this.
  8. KLJ1992
    Spend a day with this beauty but got a few questions:

1.) Can the purist rom and the lurker mod but used together? If so which do I see to install first? the rom correct?

2.) How much improvement iS gained from UI and quickness?

3.)Beat Anyone wanna share soe settings they got witb mango os/app using ithe it04s?

9. singleended5863
    Please correct if I am wrong that you can only update and install either one but I think I read somewhere said that if you are using the upgrade of Fidelizer’s rom there will be sonically changed (?) although I have tried to upgrade to both I got failed every time.

10. Olchon
    Hi, just wondering how you are getting on with the dx220 as a Roon endpoint/controller?

I have it running on my dx200 but the screen resolution means the Roon display is just too small to read and navigate. How is it on the dx220?

Also, for some reason, the sq was never as good streaming from Roon as it was playing directly from the dx200. To do with the Android output perhaps? Even 16/44.1 didn’t sound as good. Have you tried this comparison?

P.S. I don’t really want to use it just as a dac connected to computer, which sounds like it works better. Hopefully Roon will soon add support for Android USB dacs....

11. dcguy73
    I really dislike the leather case that came with the DX220. It keeps my sausage fingers from reaching the upper and right parts of the touchscreen. Is there an alternative leather/pleather/other type of case that doesn't have this issue?

12. Paulo Abreu
    There's a TPU case but I guess it won't help with that issue.
    One option is not to use a case at all
    Other option is to use Mango OS (former "Mongo" from Flash Gordon as someone pointed) - no swipes from edges, just plain old touches...

13. Whitigir
    Neither Kann Cube, sp2000, nor the Gold Touch are using Solid wires

Cube and Gold Touch are using ribbon cables. SP2000 uses snap-in connectors, but unlike the Fiio and Ibasso mechanism, this connectors are thin and small....in the while gaining nothing of such as removable amp modules. Why removable amp modules ? AK isn’t going to develope amp modules at the speed of Ibasso and Fiio, and on top of that, each module is $899 or whatever....not $199...who is going to keep cycling them ? LOL!

Nayparm and panasonicst60 like this.
  14. dcguy73
    If only FATBEAR made a case for iBasso DAPs...I love their form-fitting rubber case for the Sony ZW-NX300. Anything form-fitting would work better than the few leather cases available for the DX220. My kingdom for a better case!

icefalkon and panasonicst60 like this.
  15. Pictograms
    Can you just trim the edge of the case? As long as you don’t do the entire edge it probably won’t cause any problems staying on.

First

Back
429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
Next

Last