1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436
438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    The best of them all is HQPlayer Pro, but that is very very expensive =/

dhc0329 likes this.
  2. NZtechfreak
    I live in New Zealand, but have visited Addicted to Audio a couple of times whilst in Melbourne. Fair to say I'm mildly green with envy, we just don't have anything approaching them for headphone audio here in NZ.

I'm enjoying my Utopia, and feel fairly set on the Stellia later, even though I may well not have a chance to audition them before hand. Keep an eye out for sales down the line for sure, I purchased my Utopia new from A2A for ~$2000USD equivalent not very long ago and I would imagine the Stellia will see some steep discounts for brief sales periods at some point. Even if I've not heard them before that I will probably pull the trigger if they go up for sale at that level of discount.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. arijitroy2
    Saw the price, got a heart attack!

Testing the XiSRC now on test version, DSD512 is expensive on the storage!! 29 songs took over 9GB!

If its worth it, i'll have to identify which albums are worth this space! The last album i really loved was Nordic Folk Delights! Any recommendations from your side?

fuhransahis and icefalkon like this.
  4. Hiltonk
    Listening further to TH610 w/ AMP9 and its definitely a sweet sound. The slight hint of sibilance that was present with the AMP1mk2 and less so with AMP8 is smoothed over even a little more with AMP9 making them sound really well rounded. AMP9 needs high gain and volume 150 for a decently loud session with these. Be interesting how well these cans will burn in after a few days.

5. Paulo Abreu
    Did you try on Mango OS?

6. Hiltonk
    Not yet - I like the versatility of android mode.

7. kalo86
    Please try the Mango OS, you will never go back...

8. Paulo Abreu
    Ok, I understand. I fully agree with your observations on AMP9 above. I can say the same with my IEM's they gained a new life with DX229, no more harshness and a very balanced sound all across the range, although warmer than Clear for sure

9. arijitroy2
    ok so after converting few songs to DSD512 using XiSRC, what can i say, speechless in all possible way! I thought i heard the best with the DAP + AMP8EX using the MQA unfolds, but nope!

Listening to these songs in DSD512 is just something else! Truly Amazed! Just purchased the license to the software and now converting a bunch of nice albums to DSD! This really is something, made my gf listen to few songs, she just sat there and smiled!

One thing i noticed was using UAPP and Mango Player in Android was quite different. The audio quality from the Mango player was truly higher, strange since I am using bit perfect in UAPP and the Native DSD settings using Lurker's recommendation.

Time to invest in some more storage space!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    icefalkon, Whitigir and fokta like this.
  10. kalo86
    I am a supporter of Neutron music player, but after a back to back between Neutron and Mango OS, I have to admit that the Mango OS is totally awesome in terms of sound quality.
    I hope iBasso will update the playlist managing and then I can "die" happy :jecklinsmile:
    Never heard such a high audio quality in my experience.

11. arijitroy2
    I am a user of Nuetron player since couple of years, but i kinda hate the UI to be honest!! I did try that too on this, and sounded great but not as good as the Mango player! Although I am using Fidelizer Advanced ROM also.

12. iMongui
    Did you find a big gap between standard rom and this one? Im thinking seriously go for the biggest one but im not sure if its worth it or just a placebo

13. Hiltonk
    12” 80’s Love - Simple Minds - Someone Somewhere in Summer AMP9 high gain at full volume 150 in Neutron w/ TH610..... just WOW WOW WOW.. Im listening to that over and over along with Tears for Fears Head Over Heals. AMP9 has plenty of Volume with these cans.

14. arijitroy2
    It did help with the sound to be honest, not by a huge margin though. The background got a bit more darker for me and the soundstage was a bit wider. Why don't you try the Pursit ROM that is free and see if it helps you.

15. iMongui
    I tried but I didn’t notice big differences, now I’m with Lurker’s mod and I’m happy, I’m not sure which is better, Fidelizer’s rom or Lurker’s mod. Any thoughts?

First

Back
427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436
438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447
Next

Last