DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,821 of 13,478
Hi,
Need some assistance I am anxiously waiting for the delivery of my DX220. Is there any specific way to install Tidal, Spotify etc.?
Connect to internet and then click on APK Pure app that is pre-installed. Search for Spotify and download / install.

May 14, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #2,822 of 13,478
How hard is it to go to the album containing the song you want to hear?

Ranging from easy to I don't know, as there's thousands of songs that I don't know the vast majority of the albums - I may know a song title, but not the album it's on. Plus when I'm done listening to that single song, I'd like to resume to the overall artist or entire playlist (thousands of songs) right after - it'd be nice to not have to back out of the album area, go back to the main all music area.

I pretty much -never- listen to music by album only. I pick and choose various songs or just shuffle my way through.

May 14, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #2,824 of 13,478
My order form AMP3 is on it's way, ordered a couple of weeks ago, was getting a bit narky seeing others get theirs!!!

Be interesting to see how it sounds compared to my R6 Pro

May 14, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #2,829 of 13,478
What amp module ? The Amp1 MKII isn’t as smooth as Amp1Titanium....however, if you got Amp8EX, that Modified Amp8 my friend....would leave many things in the dust for the smoothness of it textures and details being retrieved. I am sure @edwardsean can confirm
With my focal elex and dx220 with stock amp8. I honestly am not looking for more spark/brightness on the top end. To my ears the elex resolves enough details that anymore may bother me. I feel it's just right. I'm pretty sensitive to bright sound. Should I mod my amp8 or would it make it too bright for my taste? I'm not considering the amp-8ex but the amp8w ( I believe that's what it's called right?)

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #2,830 of 13,478
Still burning my DX220 in...I seriously wish iBasso had upgraded the processor in this unit from the DX200. Compared to my R6 Pro, it's a bit sluggish and scanning new files on my SD card takes longer than it should. I'm not going to comment on the sound yet, as I haven't listened to it much.
Yeah I was a bit surprised that the processor is the same as the dx200 too. A faster and maybe more energy efficient CPU would have made the UI a lot smoother, but it's definitely not bad. But sound wise I can't complain.

I heard the m11 and r6 pro have some of the smoothest ui around. Smartphone smoothness.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,831 of 13,478
With my focal elex and dx220 with stock amp8. I honestly am not looking for more spark/brightness on the top end. To my ears the elex resolves enough details that anymore may bother me. I feel it's just right. I'm pretty sensitive to bright sound. Should I mod my amp8 or would it make it too bright for my taste? I'm not considering the amp-8ex but the amp8w ( I believe that's what it's called right?)

Modified to amp8W would be easier than amp8EX but the performance would be way different.

May 14, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,833 of 13,478
My order form AMP3 is on it's way, ordered a couple of weeks ago, was getting a bit narky seeing others get theirs!!!

Be interesting to see how it sounds compared to my R6 Pro

I ordered mine this morning from AMP3 and should arrive on Friday.

May 14, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,835 of 13,478
I use the DX220 most every day now. I use other daps for fun as well but I have seen comments about lagging. Really? I touch something and it is there, no lag. Play, pause to play, the music is there. I have also been able to compare it to the best out there and it is there. Easy to disregard price as that isn't the factor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back